***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Out the blue....

It's really annoying how Fila drops their info on upcoming releases....... Their like we are bringing this sneaker back and it drops in 2 days or 13 minutes I swear one release they were giving the details on the shoe and at the end were like it dropped 2 1/2 wks ago in limited quantities lol but damn that's how I feel about Fila , I like to have at least a couple weeks notice and on top of that u basically gotta be a internet detective just to find info on Fila releases im just saying there has to be a better way man damn I'm really kinda fed up with Fila at this point anyway but sorry for the long rant guys

These were great back in the day! One of my friends had them and swore by the comfort.
Phil I'm glad you like them back in the day and also thanks for sharing your friend's experience with this shoe. That's good to hear, that not only in design it was great but also comfort wise. I love everything about the shoe, especially the FILA logo done in like some 3D Graffiti Letters.

Thanks again to Phil32 for posting this pic a while back of the FILA Webber from one of his old SLAM Magazine's. I wish they would retro this model especially in this colorway the Gold and Blue accents makes the shoe really pop. I really don't see why there should be a problem with retroing this model. The design of this shoe is much simpler than the Jamball, if having the name Webber is the problem that easily can be resolved with naming it something else just like they have been doing with the FILA Grant Hill line. I have an idea they could call them the FILA Wizard cause Chris Webber wore this model while he played with the Washington Wizards.

I loved the white navy ones had to return mine because the fila logo on the pull tab was on the wrong side :lol:

Thanks again to Phil32 for posting this pic a while back of the FILA Webber from one of his old SLAM Magazine's. I wish they would retro this model especially in this colorway the Gold and Blue accents makes the shoe really pop. I really don't see why there should be a problem with retroing this model. The design of this shoe is much simpler than the Jamball, if having the name Webber is the problem that easily can be resolved with naming it something else just like they have been doing with the FILA Grant Hill line. I have an idea they could call them the FILA Wizard cause Chris Webber wore this model while he played with the Washington Wizards.
I remember the leather on them being super nice. 

Man! If Webber would have just stayed with Fila for a few more years just think what could have been, I will Never understand these athletes BC personally I would rather have my own SIG than an extra couple million I mean they're already filthy rich kind of like how Crawford left Brandblack and his own signature shoe for a little extra money now he's playing in a basic pair of Adidas

Here's a sneak peek of some future releases this is from the Agenda Show, sad to say nothing worth copping!

http://www.nicekicks.com/agenda-report-fila-cage-adopts-headband-collar-springsummer-2017/

http://www.nicekicks.com/agenda-report-fila-mb-returns-monotone-colorways-premium-materials/

They butchered the Cage, I don't even know what that is anymore? and I'm not impress with those New Mashburn colorways Navy and White + a Black and White MB. FILA How about a Green & White or White & Green colorway taking inspiration from the Official 1993 NBA Draft hat

or a White, Blue & Green or Green, Blue & White colorway inspired by the Dallas Mavs team colors from those times...

Last edited:
Here's a sneak peek of some future releases this is from the Agenda Show, sad to say nothing worth copping!
http://www.nicekicks.com/agenda-report-fila-cage-adopts-headband-collar-springsummer-2017/

http://www.nicekicks.com/agenda-report-fila-mb-returns-monotone-colorways-premium-materials/

They butchered the Cage, I don't even know what that is anymore? and I'm not impress with those New Mashburn colorways Navy and White + a Black and White MB. FILA How about a Green & White or White & Green colorway taking inspiration from the Official 1993 NBA Draft hat

or a White, Blue & Green or Green, Blue & White colorway inspired by the Dallas Mavs team colors from those times...

Yeah, that's all pretty disappointing. No imagination/inspiration.

I think another dope new colorway for the Mashburn would be a Dallas Cowboys inspired colorway of Navy, Silver and White. Also it would be still representing the City in which he played for while wearing the MB's. In my opinion this colorway idea is a winner.

I think another dope new colorway for the Mashburn would be a Dallas Cowboys inspired colorway of Navy, Silver and White. Also it would be still representing the City in which he played for while wearing the MB's. In my opinion this colorway idea is a winner.
I'll return to make a few comments on the MB. There are a few colorways coming. The two MB's photographed at the tradeshow are part of a pack story. If you don't like them there is plenty on the way. 

It's really annoying how Fila drops their info on upcoming releases....... Their like we are bringing this sneaker back and it drops in 2 days or 13 minutes I swear one release they were giving the details on the shoe and at the end were like it dropped 2 1/2 wks ago in limited quantities lol but damn that's how I feel about Fila , I like to have at least a couple weeks notice and on top of that u basically gotta be a internet detective just to find info on Fila releases im just saying there has to be a better way man damn I'm really kinda fed up with Fila at this point anyway but sorry for the long rant guys
Are you following us on Instagram. Another great option is subscribing for FILA google alerts. Which shoe were you speaking about dropping 2/12 weeks ago and were you specifically in the US?

Feel free to contact me offline. At the end of the day if you are not happy or would like better heads up on stuff I'm sure I can talk you through somewhat.

I'll return to make a few comments on the MB. There are a few colorways coming. The two MB's photographed at the tradeshow are part of a pack story. If you don't like them there is plenty on the way. 
The MB would have to be an exception seeing it in a different colorway cause that model hasn't really been used like that, but actually what I'm really am hoping for is seeing different models come out. To me FILA is still missing that variety, but I know with what they have from their back catalog, they can offer us a variety of sneakers to choose from. EXAMPLE: Jamball, Runball, Mind Blower, Rainmaker, The Mash, Webber, Stackhouse III, Ali Oop, Tourissimo etc. FILA shouldn't forget about the other percentage that makes up their fan base, the OG fans like myself who treasure a lot of their 90s back catalog stuff.

The MB would have to be an exception seeing it in a different colorway cause that model hasn't really been used like that, but actually what I'm really am hoping for is seeing different models come out. To me FILA is still missing that variety, but I know with what they have from their back catalog, they can offer us a variety of sneakers to choose from. EXAMPLE: Jamball, Runball, Mind Blower, Rainmaker, The Mash, Webber, Stackhouse III, Ali Oop, Tourissimo etc. FILA shouldn't forget about the other percentage that makes up their fan base, the OG fans like myself who treasure a lot of their 90s back catalog stuff.
We hear you. Trust me when I say this we hear you. I will not comment when you can expect certain silhouettes. However, FILA has to be mindful of the position it is in with retailers. It's easy to just jump into the vault and walk out with 20 silhouettes but that's not where we are. There is plenty on the way and it will be in doses but we are not in any way shape or form competing with other brands and just throwing stuff into the retail world. That wouldn't be a positive for our brand. We have plenty on the way for your appetite. Please just hang with us.

Back
Top Bottom