***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

I think we can all agree the Stack 2 is a all time classic right ? And one of Fila's most recognizable models of the 90s right ? So my question is why did it only get 3 colorways ? And just about every other retro has at least 4 to 6 colorways I don't understand how that happens hell some of the models have so many cws its ridiculous. Just wondering that is all seems like we keep getting the same 3 or 4 models over and over

Last edited:
I think we can all agree the Stack 2 is a all time classic right ? And one of Fila's most recognizable models of the 90s right ? So my question is why did it only get 3 colorways ? And just about every other retro has at least 4 to 6 colorways I don't understand how that happens hell some of the models have so many cws its ridiculous. Just wondering that is all seems like we keep getting the same 3 or 4 models over and over
they came and went really quickly too

Ma, at least you guys are seeing Fila product. Head on over to http://www.fila.com.au/ and see what wonders Fila offer us in Australia. If I want any Fila Heritage product, it's get screwed by US (or Euro) postage, or just suck it up and have nothing.

Which explains why I have picked up a whole 2 pairs of Filas in the last 5 years. I bought them more often when I was in high school! At least they were available to me.

^^^
If it's any consolation they've more or less pulled out of Canada too. And we have the US literally south of us! :tongue:

I've been on the hunt for the Mint 97's for a while, can't find them anywhere. If I do they're outrageous and not my size.

I'm starting to see fila as just a casual clothing brand, I'm sucker for velour and Terry cloth

Well, I don't think Fila has been a performance brand since 2000 at the most recent! But they do have some really nice casual stuff (if you can actually get your hands on it).

^^^
If it's any consolation they've more or less pulled out of Canada too. And we have the US literally south of us! :tongue:

Just horrible. I've never heard any reasoning behind it. And nothing in Canada is just inexplicable given the geographics of it.

Just horrible. I've never heard any reasoning behind it. And nothing in Canada is just inexplicable given the geographics of it.

It's as you said, lack of performance anything since the early '00s. Also they got in the retro game far too late just like Adibok.

If their management knew that they were dropping out of performance they should retroed their '80s-90s catalog starting from the early '00s.

With regards to Canada presently, all I'm seeing is Jordan product and Adidas Boost product on kids these days.

I was happy they only did a couple colors for the Stack 2. I do wish they would bring back more models instead of the same ones over and over. Stack 2s in black were $30 on a few sites. I ain't cop, I hate that color. I grabbed the white/navy for $45 from somewhere. Still haven't worn them but I will.

O'dell wearing the Bubbles. I need three colors of these for cheap. Too bad Fila isn't making as many shoes as they used to, now they don't hit those low clearance prices.

Last edited:
Happy huh? I'm just saying there are other models with way too many colorways some looking basically the same that I think they could have done w/o meanwhile the stack 2 only got 3 cws its borderline insanity how they decide which model gets what

I hate shoes getting 10-20 colors. I prefer just 2-4 colors a shoe. Retro or a current model. The GH2s (97s) had like 14 colors, smh

They are businesses and they have have to make money. FILA may not have the luxury of selling 4 colourways at higher MSRPs as cats only scoop 'em when they're under $40.

4 colourways x $100 nets the same result as 10 colourways x $40.

Nike can flood the market with trash that has to clear out at $40 but they still have a ton of product (Jordan, retro, limited) that sells @ MSRP.

I'm with you guys that 15+ colourways (more that half of which are trash) is not a good look but I understand their perspective too.

Last edited:
O they don't have the luxury to drop a 4th cw but they have the luxury to put 20 cws of the 96 which almost all went to clearance except a couple cws 15- 16 cages another 10 plus 95s 10 or so m squads ect ect ect

I dont even have to say it, by now you all know what my opinion is, stick to the OG colorways, done right and call it a day. But I get that the time is different now so we get 15-20 pointless and horrible ones that sit out there indefinitely. 

even though i missed out on them, i liked the stack2 materials i think it was called, the grey one

wow might be the first day fila release cop in a long time. love my white navy 100s even though the leather was cheeks

Went on Fila's site trying to find the purple FX-100 today, and stumbled onto these GH1 in an Invisibility Cloak type colorway...

I think that the FILA MASH 2A Mid really should be on the minds of the guys at FILA of what models should get the retro treatment next. It's such a clean looking shoe, you could rock it with anything. I also like this model in the other OG colorway of Black White Red. Here goes the tech and other info on the FILA MASH 2A Mid: Streamlined upper incorporates a unique hidden lacing system with a 360 degree mudguard for support. Shock reducing Fila 2A system is encapsulated in the lightweight cushioning of Fila CMR midsole. Leather and Filabuck upper. Sculptured hightraction rubber outsole. Original price: $84.99

Back
Top Bottom