***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

not snug but i wouldn't say wide. good news is they are leather so they will stretch a bit after a few wears

if they go on finishline they will go on sale to maybe that price.

that colorway is way to similar to the og colorway.

fila needs to get one of these high profile rap or rnb artist to rock some filas on one of these awards shows.

that will give them a huge boost.

do you know if any nba players wear fila? if they could get one player to rock a 95 or stack 2 it might help as well
Finishline will not be a distributor in 2013 of FILA heritage products.

Do you mean 2014? And if not them, then who? Only thru your website or small boutiques? That's not good

I'm guessing footlocker, footaction, champs, eastbay...etc. will have them but not finishline due other problems?

Educated guess, yes... but they don't currently carry their heritage products so......... probably not

Just got that 95' for $21.20 from FNL.com ($40 - $20 winners circle reward card + $1.20 tax + free shipping when shipped to store for pickup). Now just praying that they are deadstock.

Crazy steal! it's about 5 bucks cheaper than what my bro bought my pair....and THAT was a stroke of luck!

Wasn't there a Mashburn version that inspired the above kicks?  I've tried searching around for good pics to reminisce on, but can't find much other than this version.

I remember the pair I had was all black nubuck with the red and white Fila logo on the tongue of (IIRC) a neoprene inner boot and across the bottom strap.  The branding on the outer ankle was a raised rubber "F" and it had the 2A in the rear sole.  Anyone have any pics they can help a brother out with? Can't even find a picture with Mash wearing them.

They're called the Fila Mashup, not bad, but the original all black with the dual straps were tuff.

Here's another colorway of the Mashup

I'm almost positive the originals were a Jamal Mashburn signature shoe, but in trying to research them it's as if they've been flushed down the memory hole.  I remember now that they had the diamond shaped "Mash" tag similar to at the 0:24 mark in this video.  Maybe they were a secondary release to the ones in this video as I'm pretty sure they came out in 94, but man are they elusive. I believe they may have been one of the first in the "2A" releases.  

Last edited:
So I've been crawling the web trying to find the Fila Mash 2A in black with no luck, and then I began looking for the Riddick Bowe trainer which also came up empty.

Here's Riddick duffing Larry Donald rocking the FILA lol

Anyway, I came up on some boxing boots designed for Bowe at the Fila R&D center that were never released to the public.  47$ beans on Ebay.  Kind of dope little piece of history there, and I go to school about a half hour away from the boxing hall of fame so maybe I can slide thru in the summer and get them signed if he's around for their big weekend.

I'm not, but a nice piece to have for a collection no doubt
No doubt. I'm in negotiations with the dude right now, he was a manager at the old R&D facility in Peabody,MA and has a lot of interesting stuff.  Our discussions have shifted to Barry Bonds' actual foot cast and some other real interesting things including Grant Hill and....Derek Jeter :D 

Last edited:
I never owned the KJs back in the day. They look good from that pic. But it would be much appreciated to know the changes made or get a comparison to the OGs.

Back
Top Bottom