Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

might go for the plat trophy next in ff7 remake. I have almost 90% of the trophies already, but also not sure if I really want to get every enemy skill in the game lol.

It's definitely more difficult and takes some getting used to. You really need to ration your MP accordingly. Can't just fire off thundaga at everyone since you can't use items. I found it to be enjoyable and worth the 2nd playthrough.
This is what I wanted initially. Like the old days where you run into a wall with a strong boss that you either have to level grind to beat or change your strategy entirely.

might go for the plat trophy next in ff7 remake. I have almost 90% of the trophies already, but also not sure if I really want to get every enemy skill in the game lol.
The only one you probably need is the one from Marlboro, there are only 4 in the game. All of them are obtainable in the first playthrough minus the one from Marlboro. You might as well finish the job :lol:

Only 4? Lmao I just assumed there were 20 something :lol:

in that case I only have that, the bridal outfits and the bike mini game I think.

My first time fighting Bahamut
DF2EA532-4E5E-469C-9EF1-376FD59FA9A5.jpeg

I should probably jump on the FF7 Remake plat.

I had Tales of Berseria lined up, but started messing with Secret of Mana.

Oh wow, I didnt realize he left too.

Damn, he and Jason were the main reasons I went to Kotaku. I noticed Heather Alexandra left recently, who did some great work too.

Finally got to the top platform and beginning to make my way into Shinra HQ.

All this added content is making it longer for me to beat it. I appreciate that lol.

Chrono Trigger = Suikoden II = Final Fantasy IX/Tactics

It would be extremely hard to pick a favorite between all of them for me.

My next tier would probably be:

Legend of Legaia; Grandia III; Vandal Hearts; Dark Cloud; Legend of Dragoon; Eternal Sonata,; Ni No Kuni; Star Ocean The Last Hope.; Chrono Cross; FF VI/XII/VII/V
Wild Arms 1 and 2 are extremely underrated.

These dudes really be caking on patreon. I remember hearing that when Colin started Sacred Symbols he was bringing in 40k a month.
He has at least 8k patreons right now and majority of them are at the $5 tier. Dude making bread :lol:

Thought you guys would enjoy this. Grabbed it from ResetEra:

Here's an interesting video from a musical POV.

A taiwanese music teacher tries to play the music of Final Fantasy 7 using the score sheet for the first time. She has no heard any of the music prior and literally tries to play the notes from sheet.

The video is in mandarin chinese so here's a quick & dirty translation of some of her comments:

'Tifa's Theme':
"I really love the melody of this piece, the beginning is easy but the later half of the composition becomes more difficult"
Composition: 5 stars
difficulty: 2 stars
personal preference: 4 stars

'FF7 Main Theme':
Composition: 4 stars
personal preference: 3 stars

'Ahead on our way':
*Starts to panic when trying to play the latter half* "I'm not joking! This is getting more and more difficult as the piece progress!! It's supposed to be a beautiful piece of music but i ruined it!"
difficulty: 5 stars
personal preference: 3.5 stars

'Those Who Fight':
*after trying to play for the first few verse* "STOP STOP STOP!!! I can't continue! I need to practice for abit first for 10minutes!"
*She forgot to give rating as she tries to explain herself on how difficult it is at the end of the piece*

'Cinco De Chocobo'
"Oh my god! This is most difficult piece since we've been doing this. I don't even know what i am playing. It can be quite complicated because it's 5-4 beats one moment and 6-4 beats the next and then back to 5-4 again. I need to calm down" *flip the next page* "Oh my god, it seems to be getting more difficult as it progress"

'Gold Saucer'
"Hold on...i thought this is supposed to be a easy relaxing theme? Take a look at the first 2 page of this piece" *Flips the page* "look at how complicated it becomes later. Why is it so difficult? You are killing me here. If you are trying to play this piece, do not be tricked by the first half of this piece, thinking it will be easy to play."
difficulty: 4.5 stars

''Rufus' welcome ceremony'
"I've finally understood why this book is so difficult to perform, especially this piece. It's because there's alot of Octave going in opposite direction, this type of technique definitely can be harder."
Composition: 4.5 stars
Difficulty: 4.5 stars

'JENOVA'
"It's abit embarrassing as i don't know how i can rate or play this as it's too difficult." *start flipping the page* "OMG!! I'm not sure if i can continue with this piece as it progresses further, it becomes a trigram later on and you have to play it yourself, you can't ask another friend to assist you on it!"
Difficulty: 85 stars LOL
Composition: 76 stars LOL

'One Winged Angel'
"This is like...a masterpiece. It feels classical and yet contemporaries. It feels so epic!" *look at the notes in awe* "the composer is definitely a master! I'm sorry i can't play it good enough to do it justice!"
Difficulty: 5 stars
Personal Preference: 5 stars

At the end of the video:
"Thank you for your support as i finally finished playing this book! Regardless of whether you like my attempt, i did my best!! This book is definitely something not for beginners although those who likes a challenge can try to play any of the piece in it!

My translation is quick and dirty and rough but it's the basic jeez of it. She loves the composition and music but admits many of the music are too difficult to try to play at first glance.

Thought you guys would enjoy this. Grabbed it from ResetEra:

Here's an interesting video from a musical POV.

A taiwanese music teacher tries to play the music of Final Fantasy 7 using the score sheet for the first time. She has no heard any of the music prior and literally tries to play the notes from sheet.

The video is in mandarin chinese so here's a quick & dirty translation of some of her comments:

'Tifa's Theme':
"I really love the melody of this piece, the beginning is easy but the later half of the composition becomes more difficult"

'FF7 Main Theme':

'Ahead on our way':
*Starts to panic when trying to play the latter half* "I'm not joking! This is getting more and more difficult as the piece progress!! It's supposed to be a beautiful piece of music but i ruined it!"

'Those Who Fight':
*after trying to play for the first few verse* "STOP STOP STOP!!! I can't continue! I need to practice for abit first for 10minutes!"
*She forgot to give rating as she tries to explain herself on how difficult it is at the end of the piece*

'Cinco De Chocobo'
"Oh my god! This is most difficult piece since we've been doing this. I don't even know what i am playing. It can be quite complicated because it's 5-4 beats one moment and 6-4 beats the next and then back to 5-4 again. I need to calm down" *flip the next page* "Oh my god, it seems to be getting more difficult as it progress"

'Gold Saucer'
"Hold on...i thought this is supposed to be a easy relaxing theme? Take a look at the first 2 page of this piece" *Flips the page* "look at how complicated it becomes later. Why is it so difficult? You are killing me here. If you are trying to play this piece, do not be tricked by the first half of this piece, thinking it will be easy to play."
difficulty: 4.5 stars

''Rufus' welcome ceremony'
"I've finally understood why this book is so difficult to perform, especially this piece. It's because there's alot of Octave going in opposite direction, this type of technique definitely can be harder."
Composition: 4.5 stars
Difficulty: 4.5 stars

'JENOVA'
"It's abit embarrassing as i don't know how i can rate or play this as it's too difficult." *start flipping the page* "OMG!! I'm not sure if i can continue with this piece as it progresses further, it becomes a trigram later on and you have to play it yourself, you can't ask another friend to assist you on it!"
Difficulty: 85 stars LOL
Composition: 76 stars LOL

'One Winged Angel'
"This is like...a masterpiece. It feels classical and yet contemporaries. It feels so epic!" *look at the notes in awe* "the composer is definitely a master! I'm sorry i can't play it good enough to do it justice!"
Difficulty: 5 stars
Personal Preference: 5 stars

At the end of the video:
"Thank you for your support as i finally finished playing this book! Regardless of whether you like my attempt, i did my best!! This book is definitely something not for beginners although those who likes a challenge can try to play any of the piece in it!

My translation is quick and dirty and rough but it's the basic jeez of it. She loves the composition and music but admits many of the music are too difficult to try to play at first glance.

Man I'm jealous of her ability to sight read

I would never be that good at playing these pieces even if you gave me a yr to work on one of these songs

I guess that's why she's a piano teacher and I stopped after three years of piano 🤣

Back
Top Bottom