Official Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Marcos Maidana II (On Showtime PPV 8PM ET) Fight Thread.

Reminiscing that cotto margarito fight....Man the sport will never be the same, I share teddy atlas's pain, I don't think the sport went to ish after the 80's 90's tho, there were plenty of great fights in the 2000's, just a shame when you can't count on the sports best to put on a decent show, gives you even less to hope for

Just my 1.5 cents on Floyd vs Pacquiao.
First time I saw Pacquiao fight was against Margarito.
In my opinion Margarito won the fight.

Pacquiao didn't have anything that I saw would create problems for Floyd.

mean.gif
 I'm done. 

Btw, wasn't PAC lookin at the refs to stop the fight so he wouldn't kill this ******?

Floyd vs. Pac IS happening. This was part of Mayweather's plan from the jump:

Milk the undefeated record as much as profitable, while waiting for Manny to slow down. 

Then, use the last 2 contract fights for 1st match against Manny, then rematch. 

Exit boxing career 49-0 or 48-1 or 47-2.. while getting the most money from boxing fans.

To May, it's always been more business than boxing. 

Didn't he also break his orbital bone because of all the left hands that Margarito ate? I don't remember him landing any punches of consequence on Manny that night.

And yea, he was looking at the refs to stop it because he was landing monster shots at will. Even took his foot off the pedal.

Margarito was so accurate with hitting Manny's gloves with his face. He was relentless about it too. It kept happening over and over and over again.

Margarito definitely won that fight.

Last edited:
Didn't y'all know? Manny didn't break 'Tonio's orbital bone. Tonio's orbital bone sacrificed itself to save the rest of Margs' face. It was pretty courageous, in my opinion.

im not even pacman fan like that but even i know he killed margarito that night :lol:

This

Margarita was never the same after being exposed in mosley fight as a cheat. And pac destroyed him. Don't kno who was worse him or rios.

Clottey is the worst of all time.dude shud never be allowed on ppv or hbo showtime ever again

Anybody got a link to the postfght interviews? I was watchin it at a bar and the dam dj started playin music as soon as the fight ended.

Man margarito has heart, dudes eye looked like eos but he still kept fighting. That's a true fighter.

Last edited:
I firmly believe Bob Arum paid Joshua Clottey to take a dive in that fight.
arum shud be gotten his money back bc dude didn't even try he jus sat back and put his hands up. I don't remember him throwing any punches or standing anywhere but on ropes and in a corner

Smh @ da Manny disrespect let's not front and act like he wasnt dominating jmm the whole time until he got caught not to downplay the KO cuz it was brutal

Boxing needs Manny and Floyd to happen imo :pimp:
I want Manny to redeem himself tho rematch jmm and Bradley then fight Floyd would be dope AF if it happened

You're like a year late.

Last edited:
Just my 1.5 cents on Floyd vs Pacquiao.
First time I saw Pacquiao fight was against Margarito.
In my opinion Margarito won the fight.

Pacquiao didn't have anything that I saw would create problems for Floyd.

Floyd and his trainers know Pacquiao fights with a style similar to Sugar Ray Leonard, and they wouldn't allow Floyd to fall victim to Pacquiaos end of the round flurries.
Floyds superb defense, and Pacquiaos lack of defense would have been the deciding factor if they had fought a few years ago.
The fight was a massacre...

Yea man PAC was landing like 15 punch combos against Margarito.
I think he's confused this fight with a different one.

My neighbor's view:
This is what $2K buys you.
damn some people are tight they dropped $75 on the fight.

$2k for that hugfest and then excuses about a numb hand and giving himself a C rating for it.

I'm sure the occasion around the fight was dope though…but still.

Back
Top Bottom