Official Flyers vs Bruins Winter Classic Thread

The old, more confident Simon Gagne takes that shot and scores. He doesn't pass it back into traffic to Richards.

so many chances....
ohwell.gif

good game though
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
@ Tim Thomas.... he jumps forward to push Hartnell and does noteven worry about the shot. And to think this guy is a Vezina trophy winner... smh what a joke.

Damn, that crowd is going WILD for that goal. I think in this situation, a shootout would be SICK.

Thomas looks like he's ready to drop the gloves on Hartnell if he runs into him one more time
laugh.gif

Dang I missed the roster list. Is it on NHL.com? Is Bobby ryan on the squad?

^yup

2010 U.S. Olympic
Men's Ice Hockey Team

Forwards (13)
David Backes
Dustin Brown
Ryan Callahan
Chris Drury
Patrick Kane
Ryan Kesler
Phil Kessel
Jamie Langenbrunner
Ryan Malone
Zach Parise
Joe Pavelski
Bobby Ryan
Paul Stastny

Defensemen (7)
Erik Johnson
Jack Johnson
Mike Komisarek
Paul Martin
Brooks Orpik
Brian Rafalski
Ryan Suter

Goaltenders (3)
Ryan Miller
Jonathan Quick
Tim Thomas

I like that U.S. team. Not as flashy as Canada or Russia but definitely good enough to win a medal. They'll also have a ton of fan support in Vancouver.

They'll likely finish 2nd in their group behind Canada but they have just as good a chance as anyone to win in the quarter-final round and move on to thesemis.

wow...couldn't have scripted that one any better. oh right...except for tim thomas being a ******. the atmosphere was great. lot of philly fans showed up,most em pretty cool. there was these two fat cows in front of me talking all sorts of nonsense until the recchi goal...i was all up in their ears after that. idon't think i've ever cussed out a female like i did right then (
indifferent.gif
@ me, i know). and after the winner in OT, it was over. one of em cried, not frombeing yelled at, but just out of embarrassment for boasting about a shutout with 10 minutes left in the game.

seriously tho, aside from the bonehead mistake, timmy bailed us out (somehow) bigtime as usual. but the fans wanted to murder the dude for hitting hartnellwhile philly was shooting on goal...luckily he redeemed himself.

great game...glad to end the home team WC curse
pimp.gif

pics to follow tomorrow, although theyre from my iphone, so dont expect much
laugh.gif

Great game. My seats were damn near awful but i'm happy I just got to be there. The fireworks after the OT goal were awesome.
laugh.gif

Timmy going for Hartnell was kinda funny.
laugh.gif
terrible goal but he bailed us out at the end like always. You still my boy Timmy.
pimp.gif

Sweet Caroline playing was hilarious haha. Tom Menino getting the boo birds
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

wow...couldn't have scripted that one any better. oh right...except for tim thomas being a ******. the atmosphere was great. lot of philly fans showed up, most em pretty cool. there was these two fat cows in front of me talking all sorts of nonsense until the recchi goal...i was all up in their ears after that. i don't think i've ever cussed out a female like i did right then (
indifferent.gif
@ me, i know). and after the winner in OT, it was over. one of em cried, not from being yelled at, but just out of embarrassment for boasting about a shutout with 10 minutes left in the game.

seriously tho, aside from the bonehead mistake, timmy bailed us out (somehow) bigtime as usual. but the fans wanted to murder the dude for hitting hartnell while philly was shooting on goal...luckily he redeemed himself.

great game...glad to end the home team WC curse
pimp.gif

pics to follow tomorrow, although theyre from my iphone, so dont expect much
laugh.gif
Damn....sounds like a GREAT time, Deadset. Can't wait to see the pics...

*Check ur PM also

Back
Top Bottom