• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I always found Messi’s love for Argentina to be quite strange.

He left as a young boy to Spain where Barca was more than happy to pay for his hormone treatments and gave him the world.

Seems like he doesnt get the love that Tevez, Palermo or Batistuta get, much much less that of Maradona.

Feel like he could have chosen to play for Spain back in 2006 and no one would have batted an eye at it.

It’s he and his wife’s home and where a good amount of his family still lives. He left when he was 13. Not exactly an infant. He still speaks with a heavy Rosario accent. I’ve never heard him speak with that Spanish lisp or say anything in Catalan. Spain was his new country but he never fully assimilated.

The other guys you mentioned were adored because they played in our league. Seeing our guys do great in Europe is cool, but we love our local league a lot. With this last world cup win, Messi propelled himself to the top alongside Maradona in the eyes of the Argentine people.

It's because it's heavily influenced by italian

Yea melodically Italian and also you guys pronounce letters/words differently.

Like “Yo no se” would sound like “sho no se”

And then sometimes you guys use the hard J sound (which I think comes from Italian influence). Ayudar would sound like Ajudar which is like Portuguese. But not everyone does it.

Very distinctive.

Alfajores 🔥🔥🔥

when you get the chocolate covered ones and then you dip em in the dulce de leche

carl-chef-kiss.gif

And then sometimes you guys use the hard J sound (which I think comes from Italian influence). Ayudar would sound like Ajudar which is like Portuguese. But not everyone does it.

Very distinctive.

It’s all you hear in Miami, that and Cuban spanish.

Very distinctive.

The accent we’re known for is Rioplatense. I should note that there are different accents within Argentina. If you hear Cuti Romero or Dybala speak they sound completely different because they’re from Cordoba. They say “yo” instead of “sho”

i’m surprised Al-Nassr is letting CR7 take the free kicks for the team.

I get it, he’s CR7…..but hasnt he scored like 1 FK in the last 3 years?

The accent we’re known for is Rioplatense. I should note that there are different accents within Argentina. If you hear Cuti Romero or Dybala speak they sound completely different because they’re from Cordoba. They say “yo” instead of “sho”

What abut the J?

That intrigues me the most because no other Spanish speaking country uses a hard J sound.

Spanish, in general, is the only Latin Language not to use a hard J sound.

Very distinctive.

What abut the J?

That intrigues me the most because no other Spanish speaking country uses a hard J sound.

Spanish, in general, is the only Latin Language not to use a hard J sound.

The hardness of the y / ll is like a spectrum across the country based on region. Anything increasing in hardness, spanning from a central american "ee-yoh" to "sho" to "dzho" to "cho". Bantz is right about the Rosarino accent from the general Rio Platense area.

The hardness of the y / ll is like a spectrum across the country based on region. Anything increasing in hardness, spanning from a central american "ee-yoh" to "sho" to "dzho" to "cho". Bantz is right about the Rosarino accent from the general Rio Platense area.

People from Rosario generally sound the same as people from Buenos Aires except that they tend to leave out the “s” from words. Messi will typically say “vamo muchacho” instead of “vamos muchachos.” It’s a subtle difference, but it’s there.

People from Rosario generally sound the same as people from Buenos Aires except that they tend to leave out the “s” from words. Messi will typically say “vamo muchacho” instead of “vamos muchachos.” It’s a subtle difference, but it’s there.

This why I don't care about my grammar anymore. I'm speaking my own damn dialect :lol: My Spanish teacher mom says otherwise though.

The double ll. That’s the other times you guys use it. That’s right.

llegar = shegar

Which sounds and written in Portuguese like - llamar = chamar. llegar = chegar.

The “sh” sound is very common in Portuguese - It’s just spelled with a ch or x.

The double ll. That’s the other times you guys use it. That’s right.

llegar = shegar

Which sounds and is written in Portuguese. llegar = chamar. llegar = chegar.

The “sh” sound very common in Portuguese. Just spelled ch or x.

Lots of Colombians (depends where they’re from) also use “sho” and it can sound like a hard J at times as well

Back
Top Bottom