OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
These guys with their initials and number combined into some otherwise unrecognizable acronym needs to stop. What the f is IT17? a london post code?
It's an Americanized style acronym but it definitely looks more like a postal code written out :lol:

People are doing way too much regarding his personal life/choices. More outrage and discussion over him going to Saudi Arabia than a lot of disgusting behavior prevalent throughout all of the European leagues.

It’s extremely easy to say “I would never ignore my beliefs to go to Saudi Arabia for a paycheck” on online forums and social media when the reality is that given the opportunity , many people would suck it up for at least a couple of years.

Excluding racist, violent, homophobic behavior, fans need to stop looking at players and clubs as moral guides and just focus on the performance and product on the pitch. Athletes aren’t above anyone else; stop treating them like they are, and you won’t be throwing temper tantrums over someone who doesn’t even know you exist.

I don’t believe for one second that most of these athletes and clubs with “values” actually believe in them in their day to day lives; everything is about promoting an image.

hendo getting ZERO sympathy from anyone..
People are doing way too much regarding his personal life/choices. More outrage and discussion over him going to Saudi Arabia than a lot of disgusting behavior prevalent throughout all of the European leagues.

It’s extremely easy to say “I would never ignore my beliefs to go to Saudi Arabia for a paycheck” on online forums and social media when the reality is that given the opportunity , many people would suck it up for at least a couple of years.

Excluding racist, violent, homophobic behavior, fans need to stop looking at players and clubs as moral guides and just focus on the performance and product on the pitch. Athletes aren’t above anyone else; stop treating them like they are, and you won’t be throwing temper tantrums over someone who doesn’t even know you exist.

I don’t believe for one second that most of these athletes and clubs with “values” actually believe in them in their day to day lives; everything is about promoting an image.

He spent all this time presenting himself as a symbol against homophobia in football and arguing against the stigma against gay footballers within teams/clubs, then he goes for a payday to a country with some of the most anti-LGBT laws on the planet. So he could 'hope to improve the country's views' there, what a joke.
Like at that point, just be honest and say you're abandoning your values for a big payday. You could even make the argument that you'll have more than than ever to invest back into the community you abandoned.

No one has been roasted across social media like Henderson for going to Saudi Arabia. There's a reason for that. Those others weren't parading themselves as a symbol against homophobia and football, and then goes to a country where homosexuality is criminalized and can carry the death penalty.
Yeah I'm sure Mohammed Bin-Salman will listen to some Englishman dancing to whatever tune Saudi Arabia tells him to.

Last edited:
He spent all this time presenting himself as a symbol against homophobia in football and arguing against the stigma against gay footballers within teams/clubs, then he goes for a payday to a country with some of the most anti-LGBT laws on the planet. So he could 'hope to improve the country's views' there, what a joke.
Like at that point, just be honest and say you're abandoning your values for a big payday. You could even make the argument that you'll have more than than ever to invest back into the community you abandoned.

No one has been roasted across social media like Henderson for going to Saudi Arabia. There's a reason for that. Those others weren't parading themselves as a symbol against homophobia and football, and then goes to a country where homosexuality is criminalized and can carry the death penalty.
Yeah I'm sure Mohammed Bin-Salman will listen to some Englishman dancing to whatever tune Saudi Arabia tells him to.

Obviously I’m not going to be able to change the mind of people who treat players as idols, but my question is so what? Is Henderson going around executing people for being gay? Does moving and working somewhere for a paycheck automatically mean you give up your own beliefs?

I have no idea what Henderson personally believes in his day to day life, but suggesting that he’s OK with the Saudi kingdom executing gay people just because he works/lives there is a huge stretch.

People can talk about his hypocrisy all they want, but he’s human at the end of the day. Many people on earth live in places where they disagree with the local government/politics because of a better paycheck or luxurious lifestyle.

Not as extreme of an example, but are people going around calling Messi a right wing homophobic lunatic just because he moved to Florida, where the governor is doing all he can to make life difficult for LGBTQ community? I haven’t seen even 1% of the criticism Henderson is getting.

Again, fair to point out the hypocrisy, but getting so angry over him to the point of “he should be blackballed from Europe!!!! Don’t let him back in the Premier League!!!” Is doing way too much IMO. I’m sure there are players with 100X more reprehensible views playing throughout all the leagues and being worshipped by fans; people just don’t know or care

Last edited:
I just wonder how bad it was for him to forgo that payday and return back to europe.. I mean he already burned that bridge, I woulda at least ensured my family was set for generations. Surely it couldn't have been that bad? I think that also leads to more scrutiny... ppl can't afford the basic necessities and you couldn't stomach playing a kids game in Saudi for millions?

I don’t watch this show but everytime I see a clip Ocho has on an amazing football kit.

1705523930626.png

20240117_153812.jpg

Meanwhile, Morocco won their first match 3-0 earlier and had other supporters talking cash **** after :lol:

:rofl:

Ounahi has never had a bad game for Morocco I swear, always balls

Hits on the points Belgium Belgium was making earlier.

Wouldn't be much of a stink over him if it wasn't made out to be more than what it was.

Notice how none of the other guys who also went for the cheque are catching much if any heat at all.

Well boys, Vegas wins per usual. Six matches over three days + some extra curriculars completely wrecked me to the point where I slept 20 hours yesterday when I got home. Was a solid tourney though and unfortunately finished second in the 35+ division of our tournament. Won two PK shootouts on the way and just didn't have enough gas left in the tank to finish the job in the Final. Proud of myself through for putting in those kind of minutes over several games across three days given my past knee problems.

Obviously I’m not going to be able to change the mind of people who treat players as idols, but my question is so what? Is Henderson going around executing people for being gay? Does moving and working somewhere for a paycheck automatically mean you give up your own beliefs?

I have no idea what Henderson personally believes in his day to day life, but suggesting that he’s OK with the Saudi kingdom executing gay people just because he works/lives there is a huge stretch.

People can talk about his hypocrisy all they want, but he’s human at the end of the day. Many people on earth live in places where they disagree with the local government/politics because of a better paycheck or luxurious lifestyle.

Not as extreme of an example, but are people going around calling Messi a right wing homophobic lunatic just because he moved to Florida, where the governor is doing all he can to make life difficult for LGBTQ community? I haven’t seen even 1% of the criticism Henderson is getting.

Again, fair to point out the hypocrisy, but getting so angry over him to the point of “he should be blackballed from Europe!!!! Don’t let him back in the Premier League!!!” Is doing way too much IMO. I’m sure there are players with 100X more reprehensible views playing throughout all the leagues and being worshipped by fans; people just don’t know or care
Henderson is there to whitewash Saudi Arabia's reputation regarding homosexuality. He's a puppet that has to dance to MBS' tune, and that's exactly what he's been doing in Saudi Arabia. He claims he's not restricted from anything, but then adds that he of course "won't insult their religion or culture", which in Saudi Arabia inherently includes any pro-LGBT statements or actions. Hence why Henderson's rainbow armband he wore to his signing was censored out of the final release, which he then claimed to "know nothing about"
Every hint of pro-LGBT was gone, now it was all about minimalizing Saudi Arabia's treatment of the LGBT community.
The final cherry on top of is that Saudi Arabia can know say: See, we made even English football's so-called proudest defender of the LGBT community kneel for us and do our bidding.

I don't think he should be banned or blackballed from anywhere, but there should have never been any pretense this was about anything but money, and no amount of backtracking will change that.

I think Messi taking an ambassadorship role from Saudi Arabia is disgusting but you don't see him parading himself as a symbol for a pride for all the communities Saudi Arabia criminalizes and executes. There's no false pretense there, he got offered a big bag by Saudi Arabia and took it. That's it.

Last edited:
damn. even that money isn’t enough to stay in the 37th best league in the world

Back
Top Bottom