OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
There are no words to describe how much I despise Cholo’s gameplan but hey, it works.
When I got into football and was looking for a club while watching as many games as possible, Atleti went straight into the never in a million years category.

Simeone is a miracle worker and has remained very consistent too.
I would love too see what he can do if he adopted an exciting style of play, whether at Atleti or somewhere else.

Either way I think he has truly mastered football terrorism. I’ve never seen any other managers/clubs be so successful while playing so ultra defensively. Not so much in La Liga but in 2-legged ties they very clearly play for a clean sheet away, under the justified assumption that they’ll win at home.
he is mou but yall give mou all the flowers.

he has actually evolved. you probably just don’t watch them enough. this squad has scored 5 multiple times this szn and dropped 6 or 7 i think too. the CL nights he’s obviously more pragmatic but that home leg against inter was a great match. they attacked well. i think you are being unfair.

Last edited:
Lowkey this might be his highest scoring Atleti side :lol:

They've been smashing teams in the league at times.

The haram ball approach is proven to get results in Europe so it's tried and true there but he deserves credit for adapting styles to his personnel season by season

Damn :smh:
Gonna need Roma to do the lord's work
This Lukaku card has been the most fun I've had on this game since Boniface's 99 shot power card with Power Shot+
Big Rom's value dropped from 1.7m back down to 1.3m after this draw :lol:
b8d5fec306529430f1301c19967c3794.png

Candreva is amazing too, he lets me do broken nonsense like this :lol: Though upon further testing it seems anyone with Power Shot+ can do it.The insane pace on the ball only happens from a corner, not from a cross in regular play, so this leads me to believe this has to be a bug. Sometimes the corner is aimed too low, the player takes it down and then still proceeds to hit it at 155km/h from a standstill position with zero momentum.
And it's consistent too. Pretty much every other game this bull**** flies in the goal at 155km/h.
Take in mind that these usually have an xG of 0.05 or even a straight 0.00

My squad. Literally nothing to play for. Did the bastoni sbc. Looks good with upgrade
IMG_2794.jpeg

IMG_2795.jpeg

IMG_2796.jpeg

Need R9 or a cryuff and im done. Or special vvd card lol. Always end the cycle building a real madrid op team tho lol. Did you do werner? He kills me every game and regret not doing

Amazing. Dier really starts over Upamecano and Kim on a Bayern squad. Times really are changing

England win the Euros or Bayern somehow go on a run in Europe and he might have a decent B'Dor case

His creative prowess and link up play is rare for such a prolific striker too.
It was really more so out of necessity because we struggled with creativity but all of a sudden he started putting up De Bruyne numbers in assists and becoming both of biggest goal threat and our biggest creative engine.

The 20-21 season stats don't tell the full story of how impressively he managed both roles but securing both the golden boot and more assists then creative powerhouses like KDB and Bruno is wild.
I think the only thing that continues to haunt him is his reputation of not showing up in the big knockout games. He has a good record against the PL top 6 and CL group stages but when it comes to knockout games, the drop-off is shocking.
Pretty sure his knockout stage record is even worse than Suarez (who is an all-time great striker imo regardless of his terrible CL record) and that's saying something.
608fb386ad38bca5827adaf757bba1c1.png

It’s not a new take, but Rodrygo is so much more creative on the left side.

I’d love to keep Rodrygo for his prime years, but there is a reality that he falls behind Mbappe, Brahim, the left-footed Endrick, and even the lefty Guler eventually in terms of playing from the right side. In La Liga he doesn’t get the G/A from that position. Although he does imo tend to perform better in the CL because there are less low blocks we face and he’s an excellent counter-attacker across the frontline.

he is mou but yall give mou all the flowers.

he has actually evolved. you probably just don’t watch them enough. this squad has scored 5 multiple times this szn and dropped 6 or 7 i think too. the CL nights he’s obviously more pragmatic but that home leg against inter was a great match. they attacked well. i think you are being unfair.
I did say he doesn't do this extemely defensive strat so much in the league. But they've had this reputation of being dreadful to watch for many years for good reason.
When he chooses a more attacking setup, it's great. Griezmann has been absolutely incredible the past couple seasons and you like said, the team can deliver some beautiful football when they want to.
Keywords, when they want to.
That's why I said I'd love to see Simeone adopt a more attacking style and see what he could conjure up. I absolutely rate him as a world class manager.

I disagree with putting Mou in the same category of ultra defensive football though. I'm not Mou's biggest fan and he certainly likes to park the bus but I don't think he's even close to the same category as Simeone in that aspect.

Back
Top Bottom