OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
so how good was lukaku today?
GQtNmFVWMAAbPiB.jpeg

vtotheinay vtotheinay shaping up to be an exciting window for you guys...

Was also wondering about your thoughts on a potential Lisandro - De Ligt CB partnership? Think they complement each other okay?

honestly I dont know enough about lisandro to say. but de ligt is really bad at building up play from the back, so unless lisandro can do that then it'll be pretty tough on your midfield since they'll have to carry the entire workload there. de ligt is an old school type CB who is really good at defending, but he's slow and not a great passer. when he was partnered with upamecano it was perfect, but they were rarely ever healthy together. so you need a profile like upa next to him. someone with pace and really good at making progressive passes

honestly I dont know enough about lisandro to say. but de ligt is really bad at building up play from the back, so unless lisandro can do that then it'll be pretty tough on your midfield since they'll have to carry the entire workload there. de ligt is an old school type CB who is really good at defending, but he's slow and not a great passer. when he was partnered with upamecano it was perfect, but they were rarely ever healthy together. so you need a profile like upa next to him. someone with pace and really good at making progressive passes
Thankfully Lisandro has been the best ball playing CB at United since Rio :lol:

Been in need of a consistent defender like you describe to partner with him. How's his speed though?

Lisandro is mobile and has bursts but he's not exactly got pace to burn. It's why it'd be better to have someone with decent pace next to him when playing a high line.

Also used to keep hearing about his leadership attributes in the past even at a young age, has he been that at Bayern as well?

If the Ugarte signing happens like its being rumored, or another ball winning DM to replace Casemiro, than maybe his deficincies in possession won't be as impactful on the midfield.

My biggest concern with MDL might be his injury history given Lisandro's. Iirc he had his fair share at Juve but has he also been injury prone at Bayern? I know he missed some time during the back half of the season which is why you guys were forced to get Dier.

Thankfully Lisandro has been the best ball playing CB at United since Rio :lol:

Been in need of a consistent defender like you describe to partner with him. How's his speed though?

Lisandro is mobile and has bursts but he's not exactly got pace to burn. It's why it'd be better to have someone with decent pace next to him when playing a high line.

Also used to keep hearing about his leadership attributes in the past even at a young age, has he been that at Bayern as well?

If the Ugarte signing happens like its being rumored, or another ball winning DM to replace Casemiro, than maybe his deficincies in possession won't be as impactful on the midfield.

My biggest concern with MDL might be his injury history given Lisandro's. Iirc he had his fair share at Juve but has he also been injury prone at Bayern? I know he missed some time during the back half of the season which is why you guys were forced to get Dier.

naw he's really slow I can't lie. he's like dier in that respect which is why kompany has chosen to sell him. he plans to play a higher line and you can't really do that with him. definitely has great leadership qualities though. I liked what he brought to the team in that respect. also the injury history forsure. felt like he's been always hurt since he signed for us. juve fans mentioned that to us when we signed him cause it was a problem there as well. constant muscle and knee injuries

sad that he had the spanish southgate as his manager?
yall can keep giving him excuses and that’s cool but you don’t even have the right coach to keep giving him theses excuses

lukaku is buns
just watch him. all he can do well is be big.

Back
Top Bottom