OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: European club season starting this week. Pochettino named new USA coach

Who wins the 2024/25 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tottenham

• Chelsea

• Newcastle

• Manchester United

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Pretending Neymar wouldn’t have been able to help out there today is funny.

They prolly don’t win, but the attack was completely toothless and a healthy Neymar is their most creative player still.

PSG need a real rebuild though. If Mbappe goes leaves, where do they even go?

And this is one of the reasons I’m against that type of ownership.
P$G's academy wasn't anywhere near what they are now before though tbf, was really built from the ground up after the takeover with building world class facilities and hiring top trainers and coaches to really tap in to that French talent pool and turn them into a talent factory.

The people they've hired to be in charge of recruitment and personnel have always been focused on winning right now over developing their talent and the managers always have that pressure to win everything so that's not the best environment for their young guys to really get chances.

A change in philosophy would be needed but probably be worth it too, they consistently produce quality players who go on to boss it abroad. They'd be in much better shape keeping and giving them chances before they end up looking for that elsewhere.

Seriously though, how realistic is it that Mbappe's gonna be able to force his way out less than a year after the whole circus surrounding him signing a new deal and getting judge, jury and executioner powers at the club? :lol:

Don't think it'll be as easy as many assume unless he goes totally AWOL. Even then, I'm sure they'd rather cater to his every whim and demand in terms of signings and the next coach before they'd agree to sell him this summer.

So what happens with Messi and Kane this summer?

Those are 2 futures 100% up in the air compared to Mbappe

If you Madrid fans want to do this to yourselves…..AGAIN…

Go for it :lol:

I don’t know what more to say anymore :lol:

20230308_174312.jpg

Henry is right…

PSG need to get young French players from the area of Paris who grow up idolizing the club and are always hungry. (Like Bayern do with Germans)

Sure you can have some foreigners but no one over the age of 30.

Henry is right…

PSG need to get young French players from the area of Paris who grow up idolizing the club and are always hungry. (Like Bayern do with Germans)

Sure you can have some foreigners but no one over the age of 30.
that sounds nice but it’s impossible to replicate bayern as they don’t have any real rivalries and other teams just feed their players to them. they monopolize the country.

france is wild. the rivalries run deep. some players will never play for psg out of loyalty and hate.

edit: just saw you said parisians …point still stands though.

If Mbappe leaves, I don't see why Qatar wouldn't focus completely on man utd and slowly pull out of PSG. PSG is built as a win now team. If Mbappe, messi, neymar leave, what keeps Qatar in paris now?

that sounds nice but it’s impossible to replicate bayern as they don’t have any real rivalries and other teams just feed their players to them. they monopolize the country.

france is wild. the rivalries run deep. some players will never play for psg out of loyalty and hate.

I mean most of the best French footballers all come from the Paris and the surrounding area. I don’t think it’s hard at all.

Of course you can’t do it with all of France like Bayern does with Germans but the blueprint is there - Just need to tweak it a bit.

P$G's academy wasn't anywhere near what they are now before though tbf, was really built from the ground up after the takeover with building world class facilities and hiring top trainers and coaches to really tap in to that French talent pool and turn them into a talent factory.

The people they've hired to be in charge of recruitment and personnel have always been focused on winning right now over developing their talent and the managers always have that pressure to win everything so that's not the best environment for their young guys to really get chances.

A change in philosophy would be needed but probably be worth it too, they consistently produce quality players who go on to boss it abroad. They'd be in much better shape keeping and giving them chances before they end up looking for that elsewhere.
Yeah you would expect that, same thing happen at Citeh after the takeover and I expect Newcastle will start having some top young players come through as well.

That mentality starts from the top. How long would you keep your job at club like that if you tried to build a squad through shrewd buys and blooding in youth players. I’m interested in seeing how long Newcastle keeps their current approach up.

Best Milan keeper since Dida

20230308_175904.jpg

Already got 2 clean sheets since returning from injury on the 26th

The best part about Messi’s stint at PSG so far has been the kits. Say what you want about everything else but the kits these last 2 years have been 🔥
to keep it real i don’t think if messi was at another club argentina would have been as successful at the world cup.
he had a tailor made contract that let him out early from his club duties and allowed him to prioritize his nt duties. he also had neymar and mbappe to carry a lot of offensive load the first half of the szn while he got back in to form.

Is bild still reliable for German/BVB news?

Also if Enzo went for 120 how much is Bellingham worth to people who have actually watched him a lot?

Back
Top Bottom