OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: European club season starting this week. Pochettino named new USA coach

Who wins the 2024/25 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Aston Villa

• Tottenham

• Chelsea

• Newcastle

• Manchester United

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
someone made a great point that neymar's worst move was being born in the messi era
all those expectations were put on him but imo if you just look at accolades and not expectations... neymar > pogba
Yea at club level it's not close.

He definitely would be looked at different if he played in another time but coming off what the Brazilian legends of the generation/era just before him accomplished and what his teammate accomplished at club level, it was always gonna be a superhuman task to live up to expectations...

I don't envy it at all

not always :wink:
Yea you guys did win it all the time Bayern caught an L :lol:

His record is still crazy against Barca though, 8 W 1 L in 9 matches and he's scored more, 8 times, in that fixture than against any other team outside of Germany. Against Messi's teams h2h that's now 10 W and 1 L

How is Conte so bad in Europe
That brand of “football” is better suited for domestic leagues. Can grind out results over the long season and come out on top at the end depending on strength of league. Needing maximum points over 6 matches then more goals than a top opponent in two legs doesn’t suit his negative style. Also his best moments as a coach have come when his teams are not in Europe. He’s known for being obsessive over his game planning so looks like he can’t handle the quick turnaround as well.

Some things never change :rofl:

39EB3572-95A1-478B-8A5F-6F0C91284474.jpeg

Yea you guys did win it all the time Bayern caught an L :lol:

His record is still crazy against Barca though, 8 W 1 L in 9 matches and he's scored more, 8 times, in that fixture than against any other team outside of Germany. Against Messi's teams h2h that's now 10 W and 1 L
yeah it’s no secret bayern has historically killed barca

The weekend had started so positively. Several players had been following Arsenal’s match against Bournemouth on Saturday from their homes and sent each other encouraging messages as Mikel Arteta’s team went 2-0 down, speculating that a shock defeat for the north Londoners could create an opening for United to re-enter the title race.

Arsenal, of course, turned their game around and won courtesy of a dramatic goal deep into injury time, meaning United had already been dealt a psychological blow before they even travelled to Liverpool.

:lol:

Forreal though, where is Messi playing next year?

He's still got more than enough juice in the tank to compete at the highest level in Europe for at least 2/3 more years so I don't see why he'd go the MLS/Saudi route yet.

If Barca weren't in a cluster**** with the finances could definitely see a return being his best option but that doesn't seem realistic right now.

Don't know who could afford him in Italy either. That leaves Bayern and maybe the Prem? Don't think he's ever been tempted before but I'm sure he'd have his pick of PL squads if he was open to it.

Especially if Citeh don't win the title or CL, could see Pep pushing for a reunion hard in the summer.

more disappointing career

pogba or neymar?

Pogba. Neymar would be viewed as the best player of the last 10 years if not for Ronaldo and Messi. Man has over 600 goal contributions in his career. His production is insane and that’s with him hardly playing anymore because defenders are allowed to do whatever to him.

As much as I loved the move for Neymar at the time, leaving Barca kinda backfired on him.

Everything he had hoped to accomplish individually there was automatically extinguished as soon as P$G signed the next Golden boy at the time a few weeks after him :lol:

Was never gonna rack up the accolades once Mbappe came in.

Just a shame that they still haven't been able to win the big one as a team though after everything.

I’m really just catching up with all of this.

Vini and Bruno were hilarious. :lol:

Ian Wright was surprised by Bruno acting like a whiny ***** on the field and sulking instead of helping he team? Has he ever watched Bruno? You could pick just about any match and find a similar situation.

Ramos and CR7 are exhibit A of f around with Flo and find out.

Both are legends of the game but could have rode off into the sunset in a much more deservedly dignified way had they stayed at RM with the other old guard ushering in the new gen.

Dream scenario. Messi reunion with Pep in City to make way for this.

Reality, this is not happening and focus on Mbappe :lol:

4CFC5FC0-2DE9-451F-8125-F4F8CAB3EBCF.jpeg

I’m still rooting for him, but unless you watched him, hard to explain how bad he is really is (even if we kind of need him out there and have been better with him on the pitch).

Decently strong line up but my focus is on Fulham Sunday. Debut for Kiwior
Bench is looking thin again too

Back
Top Bottom