OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kessie in the middle and a real striker and united changes overnight. Why can't these fools see that

Coupé It Coupé It i watched week 1 of the premier League. Gonna try to finally get into it for real now. I got a couple questions before I fully commit.

1. Is it OK to have teams from different leagues? Can I have an EPL team and a La Liga team? Or is that looked down upon?

2. If it’s looked down upon, how can I watch La Liga games in the US, legally? I always see Premier League games on tv every weekend. Is there a network that does the same for La Liga?

3. Last time I tried to get into european football, I wanted to follow Arsenal because of the Kroenke connection (im a rams fan). But people told me he’s a POS owner :lol: Who is a good team to follow? I don’t wanna pick a frontrunning team, but I don’t wanna pick a team that has no shot to win anything. I already suffered through that with the Clippers for decades.

4. Not a question, but I’m team Messi. Is he hated in here?

Coupé It Coupé It i watched week 1 of the premier League. Gonna try to finally get into it for real now. I got a couple questions before I fully commit.

1. Is it OK to have teams from different leagues? Can I have an EPL team and a La Liga team? Or is that looked down upon?

2. If it’s looked down upon, how can I watch La Liga games in the US, legally? I always see Premier League games on tv every weekend. Is there a network that does the same for La Liga?

3. Last time I tried to get into european football, I wanted to follow Arsenal because of the Kroenke connection (im a rams fan). But people told me he’s a POS owner :lol: Who is a good team to follow? I don’t wanna pick a frontrunning team, but I don’t wanna pick a team that has no shot to win anything. I already suffered through that with the Clippers for decades.

1) It can be looked down upon if you’re a front runner. There are a few dudes in here who are City, PSG, and Barça fans & RM and United fans. So we (especially I) banter these front runners to death - they just have to eat it. They deserve it. :lol:

But I like two teams in two countries. First and foremost FC Porto in Portugal. And then Wolves in England. Smaller teams. That seems to be more generally excepted because people don’t care.

2) ESPN+ has all La Liga games so you’ll be covered there in the weekend. CBS/CBS Sports/Paramount all Champions League games. The Champions League is the greatest competition on earth IMO and you can watch that on a weekday at work if you’re allowed.

3) Stick with Arsenal. I mean most of the fans despise Kroenke but who cares. If that’s the team that caught your eye, so be it. Being an Arsenal fan right now would NOT be front running :lol: (But yes they’re a massive club).

Check out Amazin Prime. They just released an Arsenal doc from last season called All or Nothing. It’s like Hard Knocks but way better. That can help with your transformation. Kroenkes are on there.

4) Nah he’s not hated. No one really hates players in here (except for maybe Jape, he hates Ronaldo, wakes up with CR7 on his mind. It’s perverse). But if you’re Team Messi that’s fine.

The Messi and CR7 era is basically over tho. It was a fantastic watch from 2007-2020. Legendary. But it’s all about Haaland and Mbappe now. That’s the new rivalry.

But it’ll never be like Messi vs CR7 in its day due to the fact they play in different leagues on oil clubs.

Reactions: HIM

Easier to pick a team by finding players you like watching

Don't listen to Coupé It Coupé It . Don't follow Arsenal. Its as ******* infuriating as it would be to be a Clippers fan. Perpetual underachievement and heartbreak despite spending big.

But I guess we've at least won something in the past.

Don't listen to Coupé It Coupé It . Don't follow Arsenal. Its as ****ing infuriating as it would be to be a Clippers fan. Perpetual underachievement and heartbreak despite spending big.

But I guess we've at least won something in the past.

If that’s the club he fell in love with first who cares. Arsenal are more promising now but still not good enough. If he likes that and wants to go thru a process, so be it.

It’s WAY worse to be a Manchester United fan.

United are the biggest joke on the planet because unlike Arsenal they’ve spent a billion dollars that last 10 years and are still in the gutter.

If that’s the club he fell in love with first who cares. Arsenal are more promising now but still not good enough. If he likes that and wants to go thru a process, so be it.

It’s WAY worse to be a Manchester United fan.

United are the biggest joke on the planet because unlike Arsenal they’ve spent a billion dollars that last 10 years and are still in the gutter.
Don't do this to the man... he has a clean slate. He's innocent. He had a chance to escape the cycle of violence and choose City or Chelsea!

HIM HIM you should try to watch some Tottenham games.

Don't do this to the man... he has a clean slate. He's innocent. He had a chance to escape the cycle of violence and choose City or Chelsea!

HIM HIM you should try to watch some Tottenham games.

One thing about HIM HIM is he won’t pick a winning front running club.

He’s from LA and he’s a Clippers and Angels fan. When like 90 percent of those people are Lakers and Dodgers fans. Guy must have gone thru it growing up.

So him picking Man City or Chelsea, that’s definitely not happening. That’s not in him. :lol:

Man City has been my fifa team for years just based off that baby blue kit :lol:

I didn’t fall in live with Arsenal by any means. I was just thinking of potential Rams/Arsenal crossover. I’m gonna watch some more games and see if any teams/players catch my eye 🤔

Appreciate all the replies.

Don’t know if anyone here watches this channel but this episode was dope fr fr

Had John Arne Riise on recently too. Never get tired of hearing players talk about their careers and the sport so casually

Man City has been my fifa team for years just based off that baby blue kit :lol:

I didn’t fall in live with Arsenal by any means. I was just thinking of potential Rams/Arsenal crossover. I’m gonna watch some more games and see if any teams/players catch my eye 🤔

Lol I see what you are doing smh

• Wow
Lol I see what you are doing smh

Uh oh. Did I say something wrong?

I think Im leaning towards Chelsea right now for my guy Pulisic. But Im concerned that he’ll leave in a year :lol:

How likely is it that he stays there for a few years?

I think Im leaning towards Chelsea right now for my guy Pulisic. But Im concerned that he’ll leave in a year :lol:

Unlikely, he’s been inconsistent.

But this would be the year. This is a good opportunity for him to step up because Chelsea don’t have any attackers.

This is his last chance at a big club. Now or never IMO.

I would just watch and see who catches your eye.
Pulisic time is limited at Chelsea tbh. He's basically a 2nd/3rd option on the bench now. Don't see him lasting after this year unless he has a crazy year.

My friends are all massive Barcelona, Real Madrid and especially Man United fans. Used to run with City in FIFA 08 career mode to do rebuilds and I honestly stuck with them since no one really cared about em. I was also close to choosing Arsenal, Everton or even Tottenham from 08-10 but ultimately decided on Man City.

I get rooting against a rival team’s player on the pitch, but some people take things too seriously and too far.

Having personal hatred towards players while they mostly get along/have respect for each other in real life is something I will never understand (other than clear cases where racism, violence, etc. is involved). How are fans like that more emotionally invested in sports than the players themselves? Must have a simple boring @&$ life to have the time and energy for that :lol:

Example: those Barca fans going allll the way to the training ground located at the outskirts of the city on a Thursday morning, just to yell at Frenkie while he’s driving…how do you even explain that to your friends and family (if they even have any)?

Last edited:

You don’t choose your club. Your club chooses you.

I get rooting against a rival team’s player on the pitch, but some people take things too seriously and too far.

Having personal hatred towards players while they mostly get along/have respect for each other in real life is something I will never understand (other than clear cases where racism, violence, etc. is involved). How are fans like that more emotionally invested in sports than the players themselves? Must have a simple boring @&$ life to have the time and energy for that :lol:

Example: those Barca fans going allll the way to the training ground located at the outskirts of the city on a Thursday morning, just to yell at Frenkie while he’s driving…how do you even explain that to your friends and family (if they even have any)?
Yeah, how pathetic does your life have to be for you to hate a player.

Back
Top Bottom