OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sorry but Cristiano and Messi aren't even top two. If you've been following the sport for 20+ years, you know that. All those balon dors was politics and marketing weaving themselves in the modern game. Market the two of them=more money for all parties involved. Nike, Adidas, La Liga, Uefa etc.
As soon as the sport was becoming more commercialized, they propped those two up to be the face of it. I promise you, take the two of them, have them play in the 80s-90s when the sport hadn't reached its full commercial potential and you would have a different outcome. Average players, just a footnote.

Both players outside of la liga in other leagues clearly shows the favoritism they and their teams enjoyed in la liga was a factor.

And let's not forget the penalties to boost the goal scoring stats. People just caught up on goal scoring stats these days and prisoners of the moment.

When it's all said and done, neither won a world cup and they had competitive national teams.

You can't be in the goat conversation if you've never won a world cup. Especially with a competitive national team on multiple occasions.

Ish is an insult to dudes like Pele, Maradonna, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Ronaldo

I'm sorry but Cristiano and Messi aren't even top two. If you've been following the sport for 20+ years, you know that. All those balon dors was politics and marketing weaving themselves in the modern game. Market the two of them=more money for all parties involved. Nike, Adidas, La Liga, Uefa etc.
As soon as the sport was becoming more commercialized, they propped those two up to be the face of it. I promise you, take the two of them, have them play in the 80s-90s when the sport hadn't reached its full commercial potential and you would have a different outcome. Average players, just a footnote.
You know the post asked who was about who was the best player in past 20yrs not all time

Salah looking like a Rick & Morty character :lol:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-081400.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-081400.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Both players outside of la liga in other leagues clearly shows the favoritism they and their teams enjoyed in la liga was a factor.

And let's not forget the penalties to boost the goal scoring stats. People just caught up on goal scoring stats these days and prisoners of the moment.

When it's all said and done, neither won a world cup and they had competitive national teams.

You can't be in the goat conversation if you've never won a world cup. Especially with a competitive national team on multiple occasions.

Ish is an insult to dudes like Pele, Maradonna, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Ronaldo

Nonsense.

I won’t say they’re better than, but Ronaldo and Messi belong among the GOATs easily

Ronaldo Nazario, Ronaldinho, Zidane, and other credible individuals have said so themselves

Last edited:
It's best to compare players against there generations. Messi n Ronaldo are clearly above everyone in this generation when it comes to club football.

i wonder if those guys will get to keep their signing bonuses and still leave. if so, that would be hilarious. they'd both get double figure milions + another signing bonus at the new club :lol:

Back
Top Bottom