OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Hey hey hey hey, speak for yourself and your plastic NY teams' fanbases. Some MLS clubs do deserve stars.

Sadly the MLS disagrees so **** the MLS and **** Don Garber. All my homies hate Don Garber.

I can also pick and choose which places in the nation I think treat Soccer better.

Let’s not forget this is a huge country and changes drastically once you cross a former Mason-Dixon Line.

I try to explain this to people when I’m overseas. I have more things in common with someone from Toronto, Canada than I do from Texas or Alabama. Understand this country is very different.

I think the Pacific-Northwest does a good job with Soccer tho. Idk how their youths do, I’m sure pay to play is still an issue.

I can also pick and choose which places in the nation I think treat Soccer better.

Let’s not forget this is a huge country and changes drastically once you cross a former Mason-Dixon Line.

I try to explain this to people when I’m overseas. I have more things in common with someone from Toronto, Canada than I do from Texas or Alabama. Understand this country is very different.

I think the Pacific-Northwest does a good job with Soccer tho. Idk how their youths do, I’m sure pay to play is still an issue.
Pay 2 Play is the worst issue with grassroots soccer out here. It's alive and well. The MLS clubs have academies but the Timbers don't actually do anything with theirs. Sounders give some effort but I think they're underperforming with the talent they do generate.

Agreed on more in common with Canadians. Vancouver (BC in general) is part of the Cascadia region with Oregon and Washington for a reason.

With inter back in the final and people pulling out their inter stuff, came across this hoodie from a few years ago. Would’ve bought it if I knew about it. Simple and didn’t overdo it with the logos

1685022303344.jpeg

Man, CFS just had this on their site like three days ago. Looks to be OOS now though |l

would be dumb to let him go. i actually think he’s a great rb and is better there but i think he would be perfect in a 3cb lineup.

Well of course I do. I’m a legit fan since a youngster. I’m an American. First posters on my wall were Yankee and Knicks related I think.

But Doesn’t mean I can’t say make fun of us American for treating Soccer like ****. The MLS doesn’t deserve ****.

Until I see this country treat Soccer better from the youths on up, I don’t want any stars coming over here. WEEEE don’t deserve it.

I know and I hear you. I’m just teasing you a little more over the “you Americans” comment :lol:

You’re going to have to wait a while for that one. Saudi calling with 10x more doe.

I don’t think so. I think he’ll go back to Barcelona for a few seasons, then finish out here in Miami. Maybe a victory lap at the end with Newell’s to finish where he started. Who knows.

I don’t think so. I think he’ll go back to Barcelona for a few seasons, then finish out here in Miami. Maybe a victory lap at the end with Newell’s to finish where he started. Who knows.

He might go to Barça, yea. But that doesn’t mean he won’t end up in Saudi after.

If it’s between Saudi and the MLS and Saudi is paying 10x more. Where you going?

He’s an ambassador for the country. He was just their chillen in Saudi making commercials for the State. :lol:

Can't wait for Messi to buy Inter Miami in 3 years after he makes almost a billion in the Saudi league.

My whole point with the Saudi thing was - they’re stealing the players who were supposed to eventually come to the MLS because they pay so well.

The MLS should fear that. I’m sure they have been.

EAFC is set to drop late August/September. I might do these SBCs too. I could use some good fodder cards

Naw I know, there is usually a big drop off though in terms of playing after all the TOTS stuff, that's why I ask. I haven't really been active the past two iterations so I kinda forgot when everyone stops playing.

Getting aging stars from the european leagues isn’t gonna help MLS grow the league anymore all it’ll do is sell shirts to hardcore fans who know who these guys are. MLS goal needs to be trying to become the biggest developmental/stepping stone league it can and focus on growing the casual fan base.

Speaking of kits, these Salzburg kits are flames

The new Roma kit is also pretty nice

The new Adidas logo is growing on me :lol:

It also looks like their teamgeist retro collection was a big enough hit that they're looking to bring back a similar template style for next year's tourneys

Argentina 2024 Away Kit Info (6).jpg
adidas 2024 kits (5).jpg
adidas 2024 germany kit (2).jpg

Only need a single point/draw today to lock up CL football next season but with Leicester drawing Newcastle, got a perfect chance to jump them to 3rd in the table with a W so hoping they can take care of business

Chelsea haven't been playing well, but Utd are rubbish... so this could end up being way too close for my liking. 😬😬😬

Back
Top Bottom