OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s a league in a weird spot. It has so much ground to make up as far as interest cause it’s just not as long standing and it’s stuck between two worlds essentially and that’s people who have followed the sport for ages love pro rel and all that and at the same time trying to appeal to the American audience that dont mess with that. Always stuck in two minds about what to do and it’s some goofy dudes at the top. But regardless of that the one thing it can do that everyone will like is focusing on making it easier and more access for locals to come up in the game be a development and selling league in general too some clubs are already fully on this program. If you can create local hero’s that come up and play for the club in they city you can get people who don’t care about the sport cause everyone love those kinda stories the more of those the better. You need regular people who aren’t hardcore fans of European football for this league to stand on its own legs. Especially when a decent amount hardcore fans of European football stateside won’t watch MLS anyway cause the quality will never measure up to the top level, that’s not the people the league needs to be trying to get. There’s a lot MLS needs to do better and change. But I am glad the league as a whole is not doing the buying aging European stars thing anymore priced out of that game or not I’m glad the league is moving off that.

Well said about hardcore fans of European football and non-hardcore fans. Totally agreed

My MLS fans friends and I watched a MLS game together. They were so into the game while I was not

I will try to get involved with MLS from now. I just want to have experiences of being a footy fan where I attend games as many as I can. You know? Definitely NYCFC due to their new stadium coming next to Citi Field (Mets home) in few years. If I become a full supporter of NYCFC, I'll likely have a hard time to root against City in the future. :lol: :smh: The Brooklyn Cyclones are the main reason why I became a Mets fan. I attended Cyclones games since I was a teen

Wonder what happened

Probably because of the price. Chelsea won't go for low selling. I won't be surprised if other deals (Mount, Kovacic, RLC) collapse soon

I will try to get involved with MLS from now. I just want to have experiences of being a footy fan where I attend games as many as I can. You know? Definitely NYCFC due to their new stadium coming next to Citi Field (Mets home) in few years. If I become a full supporter of NYCFC, I'll likely have a hard time to root against City in the future. :lol: :smh: The Brooklyn Cyclones are the main reason why I became a Mets fan. I attended Cyclones games since I was a teen

Main Issue for me with NYCFC, consider giving them a chance since they're going to based in queens but the city connection is a hard one.

Well said about hardcore fans of European football and non-hardcore fans. Totally agreed

My MLS fans friends and I watched a MLS game together. They were so into the game while I was not

Probably because of the price. Chelsea won't go for low selling. I won't be surprised if other deals (Mount, Kovacic, RLC) collapse soon

I tried to get into NYCFC.

Their practice facility was where I would work out sometimes.

They were playing games at Yankee Stadium and their games were on YES.

I just couldn’t. The quality isn’t there. It sounds snobbish but when you see Football being done so wrong I just couldn’t do it.

Yea man at the end of the day nothing can replace that feeling of being able to go to games with yo people and have a good time. I ain’t been to a single Atlanta united game thinking I can’t get into it cause it’s not prem quality if that’s the only way I can enjoy sports end especially my local club I’m doing it wrong :lol: There’s so plenty of other leagues in the world that’s not top 5 leagues that still have great culture regardless of the quality MLS don’t gotta be any different Than that.
I don’t think you’d see city any different cause of NYCFC it’s two separate worlds I have no feelings about them just cause they got the same ownership group don’t mean **** to me

I tried to get into NYCFC.

Their practice facility was where I would work out sometimes.

They were playing games at Yankee Stadium and their games were on YES.

I just couldn’t. The quality isn’t there. It sounds snobbish but when you see Football being done so wrong I just couldn’t do it.
I went to a number of MLS games etc. I too couldn't get into it. It's horrible. Watched a couple of games a few months back and it appeared that it has gotten worse.

It's really happening

Insane

Fx9W4efWAAg_oPj

Back
Top Bottom