OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F it. China 2.0 indeed

FBFNVDDWYAESvfw.jpg

“Oh but let’s not take the Saudis and soccer seriously, there’s nothing to worry about, wahhhh…”

2 minutes later…

The Saudi’s changed golf overnight. One of the biggest flexes in the history of sports. When they don’t even care about Golf.

You guys are on a roll. :lol:

I rock with Saka but no chance in hell is he worth more than an Mbappe :lol: :lol:

Kind of insane the hit his value has taken coming off a career season, how do they even calculate these things?

Remaining length of their contract has to play a part, only way it makes sense.

100% would still be ahead of Haaland or tied if he went to Real last summer

The U.S tax dollars and oil Barron's fund Saudi Arabia. As long as we're up, they're up. Very different than the China situation.

They don’t even know what they’re talking about. :lol:

How can Saudi fail when 4 of their top clubs are state owned?

Did humans discover a new resource or element lately from the UFO’s recently?

zaha going to Saudi would be the perfect end to an already weird career

Chelsea just gonna replace Kante with a regen :smh:

Just to get slightly ahead of ourselves for arguments sake :lol:

If the Saudi league really ends up gaining traction and actually taking off like they're hoping, how long would you guys think it'd be until we see European teams/leagues kick the can on a Superleague again on some protectionism ****?

The new La Liga logo/badge really is terrible :lol: :smh:

Was nothing wrong with the old one

I just imagine this being a weak play to try appealing to a more global market.

Just to get slightly ahead of ourselves for arguments sake :lol:

If the Saudi league really ends up gaining traction and actually taking off like they're hoping, how long would you guys think it'd be until we see European teams/leagues kick the can on a Superleague again on some protectionism ****?

I can see this, what choice would there really be if they get backed into a corner? It’ll be scary AF if they come for an Mbappe/Haaland/Vinicius. Or just any player who’s in/entering their prime and highly important to their respective club.

I can see this, what choice would there really be if they get backed into a corner? It’ll be scary AF if they come for an Mbappe/Haaland/Vinicius.
Yea that's where I think things could get real interesting.

If the league becomes successful and they wind up posing a credible threat for poaching younger talents/stars in their primes (with the literally limitless multi-generational wealth being offered left and right) instead of mainly players at their twighlight, European clubs/leagues are gonna get nervous :lol:

Better change that avy to Son in a Hilal or Nassr kit soon.
What? :lol:
And besides, I have a framed signed Spurs kits with my fav players all there. Son, Prime Sissoko, Kane, Lloris, Kyle Walker (who hadn’t been sold yet), etc etc.

I have less than zero interest in watching the Saudi League’s blatant sportswashing projects, much less buy merch. Good for the players though to cash out while fizzling out on the pitch.

I am going to have to check out that Saudi League. Quality already sounding better than mls
For $20B you already know they're gonna go bananas with the presentation and broadcasting :lol:

Matches are about to have the pageantry of international tourneys

Back
Top Bottom