OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not familiar with this kid at all. But going to Ajax is def a better look than West Ham. If things turn out well and he develops, 17mil might look like a major steal

Portuguese people don’t even know what he’s about. Which is such a rare occurrence. Most of our players stay at home and our academies until 16-18.

So we have at least some reference. But Carlos has been gone since he’s been 11. Like we have no idea. :lol:

So I’m on the sidelines thinking to myself “what has Man City been cooking up?” 🤔

When you start getting heads turned like Llorente from AM to Saudi, you know there's going to be long term problems.

When Ronaldo went, I thought it was a quaint money grab (it was). But this now appears to be a seismic shift in world club football's polarity. It almost feels like there is now going to be a vacuum in Europe to be filled by a lot more up-and-comers and youth products--which could be a either a very good thing or a very bad thing for the quality of football overall. There's way more of these "ballers but not quite elite world beaters" taking that Saudi ca$h than I could have ever anticipated. And as a fan, it seems a letdown where hIsToRy and cUlTuRe really don't mean anything at all.

When you start getting heads turned like Llorente from AM to Saudi, you know there's going to be long term problems.

When Ronaldo went, I thought it was a quaint money grab (it was). But this now appears to be a seismic shift in world club football's polarity. It almost feels like there is now going to be a vacuum in Europe to be filled by a lot more up-and-comers and youth products--which could be a either a very good thing or a very bad thing for the quality of football overall. There's way more of these "ballers but not quite elite world beaters" taking that Saudi ca$h than I could have ever anticipated. And as a fan, it seems a letdown where hIsToRy and cUlTuRe really don't mean anything at all.

I was thinking that down the line the Saudis are going to somehow get themselves into the Champions League.

And you can say “Why would a country in the Middle East be allowed in.”

They let The Israeli’s in. They’re not Europe. :lol:

So yes. Adding to your “seismic shift”point. I don’t even think they’re close to doing what they’ve set out to achieve.

A front line of

Kolo-Muani - Ramos - Dembele
Neymar
Could have potential...

So Asensio would've moved just to be a back up again though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom