OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m convinced city just end up with a large fine from their charges. Think the lads saw how uefa got a payday from their charges and want in. Too much fall out if they forfeit those titles and other clubs demanding lost revenue.

I’m convinced city just end up with a large fine from their charges. Think the lads saw how uefa got a payday from their charges and want in. Too much fall out if they forfeit those titles and other clubs demanding lost revenue.
I dont think FIFA & Uefa want that precedent set and everything that would entail, I think a lot of snitching would come with it.

4 should be Caicedo when he joins, 9 maybe Vlahovic

I also peeped that no one took #9 and I thought it was because of bad reputation :lol:

I like his game, really skillful on the ball. West Ham getting a player like him in the first place is weird to me.
Tévez also came to west ham first. Y’all should be thanking The Academy of Football:pimp:

Theres no way Tottenham turn down Bayern’s money for Kane to leave for free.

Right?

…..they couldn’t….

Right?!

Pardon the ignorance but does Levy go unchecked? Is there no one above him that says, “well that was ******* stupid, why’d you do that?”

I feel that most sane people would feel this way…hell even the King of Qatar *allegedly* said “make some money on Mbappe before he leaves for free”

How was the experience? What’s going on at the club?

Racing is overrated, I was not surprised by that result at all.

The big games are always pretty lit. But hard to top the home leg of the league final just a month ago.

On the field Nacional just hasn't been a very good or offensively exciting team for a while. They did scrape by with results in the spring thanks to their defense, and made the final probably thanks to Colombia's quadrennial playoff system. They lost the final, then fired the coach right before the start of this season, right now they're playing with interim co-managers.

The front office has really pissed off the fan base in recent years. They're by the far the biggest and most successful club in the Colombia, but the FO has pivoted and wants to focus on positive financials and profits above all else. They don't want to spend money, they want to focus on developing young talent and selling them to bigger clubs and bigger leagues.

It be like if the Yankees overnight decided to be the Marlins or something.

But the real drama in the past 6 months has been between the club and the barra bravas. Was about to mention this when you and smedroc smedroc were discussing ultra behavior a week or so back. With Nacional it's exactly like you said happens in some places in Argentina, for a long time the ultras have in effect been an organized crime group, and they've been unchecked for generations.

Until this past April, when the president of Nacional decided to actually check them.

There's one unified ultras group Los Del Sur, and they didn't like that. Responded by robbing the videography team of America de Cali of their equipment the night before a crucial match, ran up on them at the visiting team hotel with knives and pistols threatening them. Openly fought in the street with the police after.

The next day at the actual match they started a full on riot right before kickoff, game suspended. It's the only time I've ever been seriously concerned for my safety in the city. :lol:

It was really intense. Nacional had to play the next three games behind closed doors and the barra bravas were banned indefinitely, which only lasted through the playoffs and up to the final home leg.

Whole bunch of stuff was revealed by journalist following the riot though. The amount of money they were being paid to provide away support, the fact that they were being paid directly by the club to provide protection (from themselves) for visiting fans, allegations of potentially deep involvement within the Medellin city council.

Like you said, it's organized criminal behavior. They're 10,000 deep at every game, and that's not even the full membership. 95% are just hyper passionate, disenfranchised young people, but the worst 1% are actually really really bad people.

Tévez also came to west ham first. Y’all should be thanking The Academy of Football:pimp:

Wild times

l-javier-mascherano-r-pair-3912339.jpg

Back
Top Bottom