OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
antonito will put on para la raza

#noerapenal

Checks out.

1694558566453.jpeg

is this a thing? pre dr flyeed flyeed ?

Ya boy’s officially Dr. Flyeed now, albeit just in first year of residency with endless learning left to do so take what I say with a grain of salt.

With my limited knowledge here my initial thought was that unless he legitimately has some gluten hypersensitivity like celiac disease then it could be other dietary/lifestyle reasons that he’s been less injury prone. When someone goes gluten free I’d wager that removing gluten isn’t the only aspect of their diet that’s being changed. They might be just eating healthier in general, have removed pro-inflammatory type foods and added more anti-inflammatory ones, eating better quality proteins instead of greasy processed ones, and carrying less excess weight. And just being more health conscious with overall lifestyle decisions. And then misattributing it to strictly being about the removal of gluten.

Foods associated with gluten like white breads/refined carbs are considered pro-inflammatory but for the average person it’s not because of the gluten. Contrast that to whole wheat which is considered to not be inflammatory even though it still has gluten. So maybe he just removed crappy stuff from his diet that happened to have gluten and replaced that void with healthier cleaner stuff.

Last edited:
If sancho actually does leave united I wonder where he could end up next.

Man looked like a certain world beater at dortmund and now it’s all fallen apart. Crazy.
Saw that Dortmund might be interested in bringing him back. That really would be the best move for him imo. Familiar surroundings, no expectations to win anything, and all the space in the world when playing in the Bunesliga.

There were always talks about his mentality at Citeh and Dortmund, think it just finally caught up to him playing in a tougher league, for a massive club. Think he would’ve also been better off in a side that prioritized possession over transitions.

A foden Jude rice midfield seems like a no brainer. Perfectly complementary players. Rice a great 6 and isn’t a slouch carrying the ball forward, Jude a great box to box with an eye for goal and has a great pass in him and foden can be that creative spark in midfield going into the final 3rd and he’s not lazy with tracking back either so he wouldn’t just leave jude and rice alone with the dirty work.

If England don’t eventually land on that midfield for real games I’d be surprised

I’m not sold on that three even though it does look good on paper. Rice isn’t press resistant enough to hold down that single pivot, his dribbling comes alive when he’s in the opponents half. More times than not if he receives the ball from his backline and is under pressure he is passing it back to a CB or wide to a FB. When he receives the ball and does have time, he’ll need to have the confidence to play it forward and someone that will constantly make themselves available and be able to help in the build up.

I think Foden can do that because of his profile and the system he plays in at club level, but I’ve mostly seen him out wide and would classify him as an AM so can’t say for certain he would be disciplined in that role.

Jude has all the capabilities to drop deep, receive the ball on the half-turn and break though lines with his dribbling. But he’d much rather be higher up the pitch receiving it in the opponents half. So you might have instances where that midfield is too far apart because you are playing with two natural 10s and a 6 that isn’t the silkiest in the build up.

I would opt for your boy Stones as the 6 with Rice in the box to box role and Jude as the 10. Foden to come on for Rice if you are chasing a result in the 2nd half.

Whatever the three is just hope Southgate doesn’t have Phillips or Henderson in it :lol:

maguire doesnt even play for his club but he plays regularly for england 🤔

Literally played there for us in the champions league final in place of KDB after he came off injured. The reason he hasn’t played in midfield despite that being his natural place is really obvious don’t know why southgate confused it’s cause we’ve had David silva, KDB, Gundogan as senior options when Foden broke through till now. Not cause he wasn’t good enough or can’t it’s just cause those 3 guys are getting priority in midfield over most dudes in the game.

Back
Top Bottom