OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw he was wearing Vapors last match against Uzbekistan and figured something was up
It was puma

Screenshot_20230913-000720_Chrome~2.jpg

Watching Scotland/England replay tonight. Nothing like Scottish lungs at Hamden. Fantastic to listen to the boos ring out over God Save the King and then the insane decibel levels during Flower of Scotland

Scottish and an Irish people go hard.

Love them.

Last edited:
Argentina cruised to a 3-0 victory in La Paz without Messi. Might be the best performance I’ve seen from Argentina up there.

Side note: with his first competitive cap, Garnacho is now locked in as an Argentine national.
i thought they changed the rule to like 3 caps and you can still change countries

Saw that Dortmund might be interested in bringing him back. That really would be the best move for him imo. Familiar surroundings, no expectations to win anything, and all the space in the world when playing in the Bunesliga.

There were always talks about his mentality at Citeh and Dortmund, think it just finally caught up to him playing in a tougher league, for a massive club. Think he would’ve also been better off in a side that prioritized possession over transitions.

I’m not sold on that three even though it does look good on paper. Rice isn’t press resistant enough to hold down that single pivot, his dribbling comes alive when he’s in the opponents half. More times than not if he receives the ball from his backline and is under pressure he is passing it back to a CB or wide to a FB. When he receives the ball and does have time, he’ll need to have the confidence to play it forward and someone that will constantly make themselves available and be able to help in the build up.

I think Foden can do that because of his profile and the system he plays in at club level, but I’ve mostly seen him out wide and would classify him as an AM so can’t say for certain he would be disciplined in that role.

Jude has all the capabilities to drop deep, receive the ball on the half-turn and break though lines with his dribbling. But he’d much rather be higher up the pitch receiving it in the opponents half. So you might have instances where that midfield is too far apart because you are playing with two natural 10s and a 6 that isn’t the silkiest in the build up.

I would opt for your boy Stones as the 6 with Rice in the box to box role and Jude as the 10. Foden to come on for Rice if you are chasing a result in the 2nd half.

Whatever the three is just hope Southgate doesn’t have Phillips or Henderson in it :lol:

It’s has to be mental or life stuff that lead to this sancho situation. The traits he had that made him shine now he seemingly doesn’t have at all when he plays now on the rare occasion he does play that’s crazy to me.

On the England midfield thing I think all the things you said about those players are true but will come with age they all still really young they just been around for so long already we forget that sometimes. Foden plays very different on midfield versus when he’s on the wing much more controlled and doesn’t take risks cause he knows you can’t get away with it in midfield versus on the wing.

They problem you listed at the end tho is what’s wrong with southgate he can’t step out his comfort zone. I give him credit for what he did in that World Cup when England was kinda limited talent wise but they have an abundance of talent now and he showing he don’t really know how to get the most out of that.

England would be smart to do everything they can to get Pep after City he loves English football I think he could be convinced.

Back
Top Bottom