OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
more confirmation of my theory that in terms of ex players, deep lying midfielders make the best coaches
This used to the conventional wisdom but with defenders not that long ago.

Not surprised it's become more with midfielders given the state of today's game

I'm not sure there's a correlation, honestly. Ferguson, Bianchi, Cruyff, and Menotti were legendary managers and all were forwards.
Clough, Ramon Diaz, Stabile, Lattek, Heynckes, Mancini, Klopp, Bobby Robson and Rinus Michels were all forwards too.

Even with the number of top managers being former midfielders nowadays, there's still always been quality managers of every positional group tbf.

Every one besides goalies since they're usually the craziest and most loners of them all :lol:

Clough, Ramon Diaz, Stabile, Lattek, Heynckes, Mancini, Klopp, Bobby Robson and Rinus Michels were all forwards too.

Even with the number of top managers being former midfielders nowadays, there's still always been quality managers of every positional group tbf.

Every one besides goalies since they're usually the craziest and most loners of them all :lol:

I’ll add wingers and fullbacks. Can’t think of any off the top of my head. The game is played in the middle more than out wide so it makes sense to me. If I had to pick a group that would probably be more likely to succeed as a coach it would be midfielders since they see the whole of the game from their position.

well he literally said mou and pep are who he has learned from heaping mounds of praise on pep.

y’all just wanna hate on pep but that’s they reason why pep is mentioned. also cause he’s head and shoulders the best manager in football.

zizzou, tuchel, arteta, xavi have all said the same thing but y’all don’t wanna hear that. would rather listen to detroit sherlock homes tweets

Polish teams vs English teams in euro comps. 9W-5D-1L
CDN media

Of all the previous champions league winners, Only 1 club is not in their respective 1st Division. Hamburg
CDN media

Top 11 average attendance for last weekend's match day
CDN media

Back
Top Bottom