OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_1460.jpeg

This **** gettin diabolical

Even without the handball, all that grabbing could have been enough.

Still enough time to take the lead.

Red card and a pen (in the 8th minute of stoppage time) after Hojlund was a whisker away from a hatty :lol::stoneface:

Watching United is never stress free these days

They need to address these red card rules. I am clearly in the minority but i thought Romero's red was a yellow. He won the ball and followed through with "a little extra". I would have said yellow. I would have said yellow for Rashford too. If stepping on some one whether its foot or ankle is now a red then a ton of players are about to start getting red cards. Players stop on Grealish's foot every single game.

I am a fan of giving more yellows though. I think it is easier to regulate by more bad fouls being yellow cards. That way when half the team is on yellows they are a little more cautious going into tackles. But this straight red stuff seems wayyy to subjective.

Even giving Rash the benefit of a doubt, the way he planted his foot... that far from the ball and landing on that guy's foot, it was always gonna look worse on the replay. 😕

Mans just clumsy with and without the ball. Wasn't intentional. Just a clumsy mf who's unsure of himself and as a result makes dumb mistakes.

That red on Rashford was harsh. But I've seen red given before for less so hard to argue.

That red on Rashford was harsh. But I've seen red given before for less so hard to argue.
Thing that's more annoying than anything is that they don't use VAR to rewatch in real time, they use it to strip all context from the action and show only freeze frames and slo-mos, making things that any ref in the world would let go, into a much bigger offense than it was.

No former player has accepted that as a red because it wasn't.

Seen very similar plays not get reds in the Prem this season like Havertz on Longstaff, VVD on Onana, Udogie on Sterling etc but they're more interventionalist with VAR in Europe I guess

Back
Top Bottom