OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

If Boniface was starting and getting the same looks Adli did the score could’ve been 5-0 B04.

I still don’t see the Wirtz hype. Just another German flop imo

Doubt the players would mind

Ron gave them his best years and we didn't ever hear of locker room drama started because of him

What do you expect him to say, “**** him, we good?” Lol

And you can’t really compare the Madrid situation Ronnie walked into to what Madrid currently has cooking. This is a much younger squad that looks like bare minimum a top 2 team in the world right now. They have so much firepower and a bunch of young guys up top who have amazing chemistry and are amongst the best in the world. You can’t play them all together and there is going to be an odd man out.

I’ve just watched enough sports now to see situations where grabbing the “best player” and plugging him in doesn’t always work out the way people think it will. Especially if he’s walking into a team that will probably be the reigning La Liga champs and possibly Champions as well.

I get grabbing Mbappe cause he’s the biggest footballer in the world, but personally, I think Haaland is a much better longterm fit for Madrid and I’d be a lot less worried about him causing issues with the chemistry.

What do you expect him to say, “**** him, we good?” Lol

And you can’t really compare the Madrid situation Ronnie walked into to what Madrid currently has cooking. This is a much younger squad that looks like bare minimum a top 2 team in the world right now. They have so much firepower and a bunch of young guys up top who have amazing chemistry and are amongst the best in the world. You can’t play them all together and there is going to be an odd man out.

I’ve just watched enough sports now to see situations where grabbing the “best player” and plugging him in doesn’t always work out the way people think it will. Especially if he’s walking into a team that will probably be the reigning La Liga champs and possibly Champions as well.

I get grabbing Mbappe cause he’s the biggest footballer in the world, but personally, I think Haaland is a much better longterm fit for Madrid and I’d be a lot less worried about him causing issues with the chemistry.
I dunno man, the average age of this Madrid squad is actually 27 believe it or not :lol:. The average age of Ronaldo's squad in 2009 was 25 so they were in similar position of having the key guys in attack all in good ages and coming into their prime like now with their attackers. Your Kaka's, Van der Vaart's and Xabi's were younger than Modric, Kroos and Ceballos.

Ronaldo was also younger than Mbappe is right now. You say the firepower in the squad is clicking and they don't need another big star up there but they just showed they worked seamlessly with Benzema for a few seasons and actually had their best years, Benz too, together so it's not like they can't play with a dominant talisman up top. Vini and Rodrygo have also done the same on the NT level for years too with Neymar and Bellingham as well with Kane and Saka + Haaland at Dortmund.

The best players in the world 100% want to play with other best players in the world, been like that for as long as I can remember and I highly doubt these young guys are different and that Rodrygo is just saying **** to say it :lol:.

I'll also push back on the insinuation that Mbappe is a black hole up top and will be selfish at all times when we've seen him putting up better playmaking/creating numbers than most forwards/strikers when he was playing with a similarly talented trio in Messi and Neymar. He also plays the role well when he plays with arguably the most talented NT in the world. His link up game with Vini and Jude would end up being spectacular in action imo.

Someone might have to be left out or revert to super sub status (which someone like Rodrygo has thrived at before and actually helped win a CL as one) but that doesn't mean they wouldn't still be special with Mbappe. If you can get the best player in the world, no matter what you take that chance 10x out of 10 :lol:. A guy like Don Carlo has made it work with squads stacked with stars of all ages his entire career.

Haaland would be a good fit too but I doubt Citeh are letting him leave anytime soon...

Mbappe’s goals per game ratio for his career is 0.72. He’s intergenerational. If he wants to come to your club you figure it out :lol: Bench Rodrygo, move Vini to the right, flourish. Bellingham has picked up the scoring since Benz has left but I’m sure they would like a forward to be their goal scorer instead

Scenes...
1707663097785.png

Back
Top Bottom