OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never that. She on the cusp of a hip replacement
Call me Dr Nick and sign me up for the surgery then
dr-nick.gif

bad point. all the criticism for qatar was fair. let's not forget how many folks died just puting it together
It's a valid point. Qatar is a questionable host, but the US has criticized every nation that has hosted the World Cup over the last four tournaments, including South Africa, Brazil, Russia, and Qatar. Now, as the host of the Copa America, the US needs to face its own criticisms: poor pitch quality leading to player injuries, inadequate security, and overpriced tickets. They seem to prioritize profit over fan enjoyment, resulting in empty seats due to the high prices.

Last edited:
So thousands of people went to the stadium with the same plan of rushing the gates?
people see some other people do it, get brave, and follow suit. seen it happen at so many music festivals, amusement parks, etc.
theres literally nothing anyone can do if a group of folks want to rush something

yall never seen this before? jan 6th happened too

If I'm FIFA, I'm flexing out WC26 matches in US (including the final in NJ) to other Mexican or Canadian cities. The US showed that they do not care about the game, just the bread that comes with it.
You think FIFA cares about anything besides the bread? :lol: They just moved offices from Switzerland to Miami. Everybody is in this for money. The diehard fans are the only purists here. It’s big business.

FIFA is far more well run than CONMEBOL. Highly doubt we’ll see the same security issues in 26.

Is Netflix gonna make a documentary about fans storming the gates like they did for Wembley at the Euro 2020/2021 final.

A bit surprised by the Kambwala move.
Thought the kid did well when the CB's were down.
Yea he did but think it's a good move for him to get regular playing time with all the talk of the clubs trying to sign multiple new CB's. He might've been way down the pecking order once the window is over.

Glad there's a buy-back clause though

Heartbreaking loss to Uruguay, but Canada exceeded all expectations at Copa. Excited to see what's next, and for that first game in Toronto in 2026.

That said, the US better figure it out, because Canada doesn't have enough cities. :lol: I think the only ones that bid were Toronto, Vancouver, and Edmonton. Montreal was going to but backed out if I remember correctly. Of the 104 games, Canada is only hosting 13.

There is also no Canadian events that come remotely close to 90-100,000 fans in one spot. I dont know that we would be much better prepared.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom