OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You think FIFA cares about anything besides the bread? :lol: They just moved offices from Switzerland to Miami. Everybody is in this for money. The diehard fans are the only purists here. It’s big business.

FIFA is far more well run than CONMEBOL. Highly doubt we’ll see the same security issues in 26.
We all thought Copa America was going to be well run before it started and then we saw the quality of all the pitches amongst other things. I doubt FIFA is going to force these billion dollar NFL stadiums to grow real grass.

It already hosted one World Cup without issues.

FIFA isn't going to let what happened happen in two years.

That was 30 years ago. Yesterday some hooligans stormed the gates and the response was to close the stadium off to the paying fans and delay an international final for an hour and a half. This put everyone in danger because tensions rose as more and more people tried to get into the stadium. When they finally opened the gates, there was an avalanche of people trying to push through. If anyone had fallen over in my gate, they might’ve been trampled to death. It was an international embarrassment. We need to do better.

We all thought Copa America was going to be well run before it started and then we saw the quality of all the pitches amongst other things. I doubt FIFA is going to force these billion dollar NFL stadiums to grow real grass.
FIFA has requirements on the types of surfaces their competitions have to be played on. Don’t know if CONMEBOL is the same.

FIFA wants to play in the biggest stadiums to sell more corporate suites. Y’all are upset at the wrong people

Pregame issues aside, the match experience was incredible. We got to sit behind the goal Lautaro scored the winner on. A night I’ll never forget.
IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

It's a valid point. Qatar is a questionable host, but the US has criticized every nation that has hosted the World Cup over the last four tournaments, including South Africa, Brazil, Russia, and Qatar. Now, as the host of the Copa America, the US needs to face its own criticisms: poor pitch quality leading to player injuries, inadequate security, and overpriced tickets. They seem to prioritize profit over fan enjoyment, resulting in empty seats due to the high prices.
dude i can't get over the poor pitch
it looks like damn carpet
i don't get why don't they have some beautiful grass it makes the country look bad

people see some other people do it, get brave, and follow suit. seen it happen at so many music festivals, amusement parks, etc.
theres literally nothing anyone can do if a group of folks want to rush something

yall never seen this before? jan 6th happened too
Yes I get that, but normally the gates are a distance from where everybody is hanging out/parking lot. Just seems wild THAT many people are there with no ticket (unless you have some type of watch party).

Felt bad seeing lil *** kids there amongst the madness. Glad no astroworld situation happened

Yes I get that, but normally the gates are a distance from where everybody is hanging out/parking lot. Just seems wild THAT many people are there with no ticket (unless you have some type of watch party).

Felt bad seeing lil *** kids there amongst the madness. Glad no astroworld situation happened
have you been to many football matches and especially a big tourney? its a huge party wherever you go. most people don’t have tickets

have you been to many football matches and especially a big tourney? its a huge party wherever you go. most people don’t have tickets
American football.

Super Bowl at Sofi a couple years ago closed the entire parking lot. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do that for World Cup and/or non-ticketed fans can only get so far in the parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom