OFFICIAL: GAME 1 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS LAKERS 6.3.10 9pm ET ABC

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

^
--Kobe's WILL > Garnett's.

Co sign
This is not even worth an argument. Both players would run through a brick wall to get their team a title.

I think this series will go the distance and Boston will close it out on the Staples Center floor with the purple and gold balloons never getting released from the rafters. I expect Boston to hit LA in the mouth early in Game 1 because LA hasn't seen a real defense since OKC. Not their fault, but it's a tough thing to adjust to. Was a huge aspect in beating Orlando in Game 1, imo. Boston is a lot more reliable on the road than in 2008.

Honestly, the stakes for this series are 25x higher than they would be for Boston/Phx. This rivalry for titles is not even close in any other sport. (NFL has some murky waters with their titles, Canadiens are dominant, and Yankees are dominant) It's awesome.

It will be tough to implement team defensive schemes against Kobe because he is doing a ton of damage from mid-long range on straight up isolation plays. Thibs has his work cut out. Perk has a better chance of containing Gasol than Garnett and I think KG could force Bynum into tough shots, but it will most likely start the other way around. Gasol/KG is a VERY important matchup to watch early.

Fisher chasing Ray around screens and flailing around is already annoying me.
laugh.gif
Rondo might feel like a weight off his shoulders without Dwight lurking anymore, but LA's frontcourt is definitely tough to shoot over as well. I saw how bad Artest made Durant look, but Pierce has the frame/weight/toughness to endure a long series with Artest and I've seen him light up Ron Ron at times with both in their primes. Pierce won't be as good as he was vs. Orlando, but I still expect him to be effective.

Rondo's the only key to the series to me....and I have extreme faith in Rondo, so I pick the Celtics to get the 'ship.

Kobe's going to be a beast this series though, i know that....if not, i'd be disappointed. But I expect Celtics D to play top notch like they have been doing during most of the playoffs.

I think Lakers will win this series only because they have homecourt..Not because I don't think Boston can win on the road, but more the fact that LA plays so good at home... Key matchups are obviously Artest on Pierce and Kobe on Rondo.... Kobe did a good job on Westbrook and even though Rondo is a better all around player, they have similar games when it comes to scoring...both like to drive and can't shoot that well (westbrook is probably a better shooter)...

I predict Lakers winning in 6 at Home...(i could easily see in go 7 tho)

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Hopefully somebody just %+%+% up Gasol once.

And who is going to guard Rondo?

as if the lakers didnt have to play westbrook, deron williams(self proclaimed best PG..and many of yall agreed in that thread), and steven nash already...

we will be fine....rondo isnt on the level scoring wise as those 3 guys..but he sure as hell quicker..which is the only thing that worries me.

nobody mentioning Bynum as a key as well? If he plays his soft game where he allowed Dragic to whiz past him and lay it up easily or when he has a chance to easily dunk the ball instead lays it up cutely, then that as well presents a problem for the Lakers and easier inside play by the Celtics I remember when Leon Powe easily went inside to dunk the ball at Boston in 2008, although Bynum wasn't there if he plays that soft D he's used to then it might as well be like the finals 2 years ago interior D wise

Odom has a very gd chance at bein the x-factor this series.

KG aint the KG that was back in 08, Sheed, Perkins, and Davis certainly wont be able to keep up with him off the dribble.

Artest's D is goin to get Pierce's game all jacked up, Nobody's mentioned his will and thirst for a ring.

^^ Odom is ALWAYS an X-factor for the lakers jsut based on his potential to post 20/20reb... If he were able to consistently put up those numbers, lakers would be unbeatable, bottom line.
but he has a dominant game like that once every blue moon. and esp. with the rugged "D" celtics play, i dont see Odom much of a factor in the series.

Artest is solid on defense, but he cant shoot for sHIIZZZ. yea he had one good shooting game, but for anyone who watched him during the regular season...... BRICK CITY ** his 3 pt's are like line drives.

difference between rondo and the other PG's Lakers have faced is that hes a FORCE on defense. he'll make the ball handling/PG deficient Lakers turn the ball over consistently and that'll be the difference IMO.

Theres ALOT ridding on this series.
It'll either make or break the "BIG 3". Yea theyre most liekly all hall of famers win or lose, but this may be their last chance to win a second championship. 

M.J put it best- 1 is luck, come talk to me when you win 2.

as for Kobe's legacy, ya he has 4 chips, but he has also lost 2. Jordan's never lost a Finals, 6/6. And it'll be especially scaring if he goes 0/2 against the Celtics.

EPIC SERIES!! cant wait.

im going to try and get some tickets to either game 1 or 2.
which would you go to??

im think game 2

^^ u got season tickets? i thot they dotn start selling until tomorrw?

im thinking game 1 is usually a feel out game. then game 2 is when the fun really starts, gets more physical, and lets the drama grow.

but could be diff. since its between 2 teams with a storied history

Lakers in 7, but I think rondo is definitely the x-factor for the Celts, and Gasol for the Lakers.

Originally Posted by iLLest

Yo. Me and my boys are rolling to LA this weekend for a little weekend fun. Were leaving Thursday morning and were planning on rolling to the Staples Center pregame and just have fun with the festivities. Question is will there be jumbo trons or anything we can watch the game at or something? That would be cool. Will try to cop tix tomorrow.

iLLest!
Check out LA Live which right across the street from Staples Center where the Nokia Theater is. ESPN has a studio there where they do Sportscenter from LA after Laker games. They also have a ESPN Zone and other restaurants there to eat but expect ESPN Zone to be packed and prices will be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom