OFFICIAL: GAME 1 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS LAKERS 6.3.10 9pm ET ABC

The difference between 2008 and 2010.. is we have someone that will body and slow down Pierce.

And at this point in their careers, Gasol > Garnett

Lakers in 6

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

The difference between 2008 and 2010.. is we have someone that will body and slow down Pierce.

And at this point in their careers, Gasol > Garnett

Lakers in 6
Finally someone gets what I'm talking about. That's how Orlando was getting torched. You can't let Pierce get comfortable, but it depends on how they're calling the games. This years Finals features 2 of the biggest floppers again. I don't know if Lamar can hold KG, because he was getting his %#@ busted in 2008. The good thing is that was 2 years ago. The key for the Lakers is gonna be which backup PG can contain Rondo. 

As much as Kobe is my dude and I'd like to see him win, I think Boston will take this series. I think they're still tougher than the Lakers (especially their bigs) and I don't see Fisher being able to contain Rondo. Kobe will bring it, but his supporting cast need to show up every game to give them a chance.

i am really excited about this series. i am not a huge NBA fan, but i think this is good for the NBA.
two teams that absolutely hate each other and a bitter rivalry. its pretty much the redsox/yankees in ALCS.

being from providence, going to school in boston, and garnett being my favorite player, i obviously want the celtics to take it.

my point is that the key point to this series is how good the boston defense will be against the lakers offense.
the celtics, from what i can remember, only had 1 game in the entire playoffs where their opponent scored more than 100 points.
if the C's can limit the lakers offense, then I think the Celtics offense shouldn't have too hard of a time with the Lakers D.
this series is def. going 6, and potentially 7. ideally, id like to see C's in 6, but who knows.

ps - why is the Finals a 2/3/2 series with everything else being 2/2/1/1/1, we all know the nba loves to drag things out.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

ps - why is the Finals a 2/3/2 series with everything else being 2/2/1/1/1, we all know the nba loves to drag things out.

It's been like that for a while now, it's mainly to make travel for media from East Coast to West Coast easier. Finally get to see those Sunday white unis for the Lakeshow
pimp.gif

Celtics in 5! Pierce aka the Truth bout to school ron artest, ray allen has been hot so I'm pretty sure that will continue. Kg will dominate Gasoft down low...trust me y'all will see the vintage KG from 08.

I want to be confident that the Lakers will take this, but the Celtics have been playing really great basketball. I'm kinda happy Phoenix started to play good defense, cause Boston will only do it better. Now they got a taste of how to attack a good D will really help them.

pierce cant post ron up that's the difference ...lakers in 6 .....why do people think fish is going to guard rondo?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I want Kobe to get that 5th ring but I think the Lakers lack of perimeter offense will be the difference, plus tough hard defense seems to get them rattled easily.
Really have you watched any of their playoff series this year ?

1st round they played probably their toughest defense oriented team against the Thunder who were racking up shot blocks on them.

Yeah in the WCF the Suns zone defense which is pretty similar to what the C's will use gave them problems but by game 6 they figured out how to attack and exploit that zone defense and were abusing the Suns in game 6.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I want Kobe to get that 5th ring but I think the Lakers lack of perimeter offense will be the difference, plus tough hard defense seems to get them rattled easily.
Really have you watched any of their playoff series this year ?

1st round they played probably their toughest defense oriented team against the Thunder who were racking up shot blocks on them.

Yeah in the WCF the Suns zone defense which is pretty similar to what the C's will use gave them problems but by game 6 they figured out how to attack and exploit that zone defense and were abusing the Suns in game 6.
your avy
laugh.gif

Celitcs will win, the girl that Kobe took advantage of wrote Doc Rivers a letter and he is dedicating this series to her.

"Rape the Lakers like Kobe did me." 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Celitcs will win, the girl that Kobe took advantage of wrote Doc Rivers a letter and he is dedicating this series to her.

"Rape the Lakers like Kobe did me." 
glasses.gif

funny-cat.jpg

This has my two favorite rivalries in the NBA. P2/KB24 and Pierce/Artest.
pimp.gif

I think this has the potential to get more physical than the Orlando series did. KG is gonna try and get in Odom's head and I dont think Odom's gonna take it. Artest and Pierce are gonna go to war. I think Perk should be able to hold down Gasol unless Gasol shows up with a nasty streak, or if someone can get that 7th T on Perk, which would be AWFUL.
laugh.gif

Id be shocked if this doesnt end up being Celtics in six or either team in 7. I dont know why but I cant see Lakers in 6.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I am still in shock the Celtics made it, I have a chance to win a %@+% load of money (Not only in Vegas, but from friends as well)

For all of my fellow Lakers Haters on NT, feel free to use either one of these avy's I used in 08.

1.)
6b125eb4277cd614bb1f39fabbec3e3cc52ae12.png

2.)
fe03571a45987440641bba45fec7438e22bb14e.png

my dude
pimp.gif

Lakers are 2-0 when i dedicate game threads to individual fans of the other team   game 5 suns zodogg, game6 jdiddy.

i think the dedication rotation needs to go like this   game 1  finns,  game 2 banks2pierce, game 4 jd617 (i think thats his username), game 6 and hopeful Laker clincher first born.

i don't mind if your other team that's playing in the finals right now wins though.

I'm really not sure who the better team is, so I think this will go to Game 7. If I had to pick, I'd say the Lakers will win.

Back
Top Bottom