Official Game 2: 05/06 Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST TNT

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Well, to be fair, you can probably find the same thing posted in a Rockets blog site with totally different word descriptions on the photos above. It is still somone's opinion and take on what happened. Time to move on to Game 3 unless Stu decides to impose punishments. Stu got too much power. Haha.

Tell me what you think of the photos?

I don't really want to comment on photos. I wish there were more videos though. Besides, you think the Rockets traded for Battier and Artest just to stopKobe.

Burns1923 wrote:
Kobe and Battier have no such backstory, so Kobe's "He can't guard me" is neither here nor there. It's an awkward response to a non-existent challenge. He hits 3 jumpers on Battier in one game (game 2) and Battier officially can't guard him? I mean, come on... the parallels here don't match up. But Kobe thinks they do. Kobe thinks he is Michael Jordan, only his way.
Battier and Artest were brought in to combat Kobe. The media is constantly bringing up how Battier slows down or at least gives Kobe fits. Same thing with Kirlenko.

I do not believe Battier and Artest were traded to the Rockets only to stop (or try to) Kobe. You do realize that before the Artest trade, therewas a healthy T-Mac and Battier starting together. I even doubt the Rockets traded Rudy Gay away because they needed someone to stop Kobe. If you follow howthe Rockets GM does his research, you'll understand he is more into the and statisitics than the media proclaiming someone has the potential to stop Kobe.Besides, Artest adds that toughness the Rockets need and drafting Donte Greene isn't going to help the Rockets win now. I know Artest talks trash too soKobe talking trash back is fine with me. But it is hard to understand why you would talk constant trash to Battier... He is a stand up guy that just wants tohelp his team win fair and square. Players like Ruben Patterson and Gerald Wallace (when he was on the Kings) deserve to get lit up by Kobe though...

Originally Posted by CP1708

Too many pages to sift thru, but did anyone get any pics of Vanessa from last night. That tank top was lookin right in the brief glimpse that i got.
pimp.gif
yehh i did whooo...kobes a lucky bastard even if she is a female dog
laugh.gif

damn 111 pages over an elbow
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I can't wait to see Kobe walking with his head down, knowing that he failed AGAIN just like last year.
roll.gif
roll.gif
wow....

soooo many haters...

its not like you biggin up houston....you just wanna see a man fail...

Classic case of HATER SYNDROME....I hope you grow outta crap like that.

*dont gimme that he's arrogant BS either*
thats a lame !!% excuse.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by CP1708

Too many pages to sift thru, but did anyone get any pics of Vanessa from last night. That tank top was lookin right in the brief glimpse that i got.
pimp.gif
yehh i did whooo...kobes a lucky bastard even if she is a female dog
laugh.gif

damn 111 pages over an elbow
eek.gif
eyes.gif
ummm no. 111 pages over the whole game.

From reading the replies in this thread, i've come to a realization that Kobe fans are some really, Really, REALLY
insecure people.

I mean, yall go through leaps and bounds to defend the guy.

"Throwing elbows are a part of basketball"
"Kobe didn't elbow Artest, Artest REALLY elbowed Kobe."

And the 25 snapshots of the play a page back is PLEA COPPAGE at it's finest.

laugh.gif
You guys are something, i tell ya.

ESPN has been showing the reverse angle all day in between Manny soundbytes, and it clearly shows him elbowing Ron-Ron in the chest area and not the throatarea.

So for anybody that still thinks Kobe went for the throat, just watch ESPN or ESPNews for 20 minutes and you're guaranteed to see the replay.

Screenshot:
nba_vid_kobeelbow_300.jpg

Originally Posted by BaconEggCheeseBiscuit

From reading the replies in this thread, i've come to a realization that Kobe fans are some really, Really, REALLY
insecure people.

I mean, yall go through leaps and bounds to defend the guy.

"Throwing elbows are a part of basketball"
"Kobe didn't elbow Artest, Artest REALLY elbowed Kobe."

And the 25 snapshots of the play a page back is PLEA COPPAGE at it's finest.

laugh.gif
You guys are something, i tell ya.

like i said theres Laker fans then there are the kobe fans...but then again there are the kobe haters...the hate for kobe is really really something too...theytoo are just as guilty of insecurity as the kobe lovers...ever thought of that?

eyes.gif
ummm no. 111 pages over the whole game.
might as well...i was being sarcastic and
laugh.gif
@ you fortaking it literally

HAHAHAHAHAHAH sorry this vid doesn't have an embed code but watch it please....

"i used to smoke before games, to ease the pain" LOL ron artest is +%%%!! hilarious.

Man i keep falling asleep during these games. I gotta get up at 6 am eastern every morning. $$%@ my life. I need to make sure i dont miss the next game

I am kobe fan and a ron ron fan and I dont think ron should have been ejected and I dont think kobe should get suspended.

They were in the paint fighting for position. I dont know how many of you grew up playing ball but my coach use to tell us, theres nothing wrong with throwinga little elbow, not to hurt the guy but send a message, maybe next time the guy will think twice about fighting for that ball or coming around you.

It was a play, the media is making it a lot bigger than it needs to be. Ron Artest made it bigger than it needed to be and drew more attention to the play

Well, to be fair, you can probably find the same thing posted in a Rockets blog site with totally different word descriptions on the photos above. It is still somone's opinion and take on what happened. Time to move on to Game 3 unless Stu decides to impose punishments. Stu got too much power. Haha.

Tell me what you think of the photos?

I don't really want to comment on photos. I wish there were more videos though. Besides, you think the Rockets traded for Battier and Artest just to stop Kobe.

Burns1923 wrote:
Kobe and Battier have no such backstory, so Kobe's "He can't guard me" is neither here nor there. It's an awkward response to a non-existent challenge. He hits 3 jumpers on Battier in one game (game 2) and Battier officially can't guard him? I mean, come on... the parallels here don't match up. But Kobe thinks they do. Kobe thinks he is Michael Jordan, only his way.
Battier and Artest were brought in to combat Kobe. The media is constantly bringing up how Battier slows down or at least gives Kobe fits. Same thing with Kirlenko.
I do not believe Battier and Artest were traded to the Rockets only to stop (or try to) Kobe. You do realize that before the Artest trade, there was a healthy T-Mac and Battier starting together. I even doubt the Rockets traded Rudy Gay away because they needed someone to stop Kobe. If you follow how the Rockets GM does his research, you'll understand he is more into the and statisitics than the media proclaiming someone has the potential to stop Kobe. Besides, Artest adds that toughness the Rockets need and drafting Donte Greene isn't going to help the Rockets win now. I know Artest talks trash too so Kobe talking trash back is fine with me. But it is hard to understand why you would talk constant trash to Battier... He is a stand up guy that just wants to help his team win fair and square. Players like Ruben Patterson and Gerald Wallace (when he was on the Kings) deserve to get lit up by Kobe though...

I never said he was soley there to defend Kobe, but you hear what you want and see what you want. So of course you don't want to comment on the photosbecause they tell a different story from what you WANT to see.

i know the lakers are the best team in the nba, but its clear that they met a tough opponent in the rockets. they are playing dirty and trying to intimidatethe rockets. i dont understand why kobe is trash talking shane. shane has not said one word to him but its obvious that kobe is trying to get under his skin.this series will be interesting. i hope the rockets win now that i see how the lakers are doing things.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4150159

[h2]Magic's Alston, Lakers' Fisher will sit[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Orlando Magic guard RaferAlston and Los Angeles Lakers guard Derek Fisher have each been suspended one game without pay for their roles in separateincidents on Wednesday night, Stu Jackson, NBA executive vice president of basketball operations announced on Thursday.

11.jpg

Alston

246.jpg

Fisher

Alston has been suspended for swinging and making contact with the head of the Celtics' Eddie House with 48.6 seconds remaining in the third quarter of the Magic's 112-94 loss tothe Celtics in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Fisher has been suspended for striking Houston's Luis Scola with his shoulderand head in the third quarter of the Lakers' 111-98 win last night over the Rockets in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals.

Fisher received a flagrant foul two and was ejected.

Jackson also announced that the Lakers' Kobe Bryant has been assessed aflagrant foul one for elbowing Houston's Ron Artest in the chest area in the fourthquarter.

Alston will serve his suspension on Friday when the Magic host the Celtics. Fisher also will serve his suspension on Friday when the Lakers visit theRockets.

I agree Fisher should be suspended but I also thought Rondo should have for the Kirk throw to the scorers table and Brad Miller hits to the face.

The League is way to inconsistent.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i know the lakers are the best team in the nba, but its clear that they met a tough opponent in the rockets. they are playing dirty and trying to intimidate the rockets. i dont understand why kobe is trash talking shane. shane has not said one word to him but its obvious that kobe is trying to get under his skin. this series will be interesting. i hope the rockets win now that i see how the lakers are doing things.
i feel the same way. when the playoffs started i really wanted kobe to win it. i didnt want lebron to win it, but now i don't care anymoreand will be rooting for the cavs if lakers and cavs meet.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i know the lakers are the best team in the nba, but its clear that they met a tough opponent in the rockets. they are playing dirty and trying to intimidate
the rockets. i dont understand why kobe is trash talking shane. shane has not said one word to him but its obvious that kobe is trying to get under his skin.
this series will be interesting. i hope the rockets win now that i see how the lakers are doing things.
i feel the same way. when the playoffs started i really wanted kobe to win it. i didnt want lebron to win it, but now i don't care anymore and will be rooting for the cavs if lakers and cavs meet.

Did you say that while Mike Jordan verbally abused all of his opponents?

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Jackson also announced that the Lakers' Kobe Bryant has been assessed a flagrant foul one for elbowing Houston's Ron Artest in the chest area in the fourth quarter.
Lol, what does that mean. That game is over, do Rockets couple free throws at the start of next game or something?

Back
Top Bottom