Official Game 2: 05/06 Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST TNT

Originally Posted by tmoney85

if rondo doesnt get even a flagrant 2 for knocking a guys tooth out and costing the bulls the game AND not even a flagrant 1 for tackling a guy to the floor then HOW IN THE WORLD can y'all come here and say "fisher should/will get suspended" that would be the biggest BS call in the history of the game. Not to mention the play Phil keeps talking about in Utah where Bynum got plowed very similar to the way Scola did and all it was was a foul. blah bah blah blah

Also, Ron says "im ron artest, the wrong guy to hit" I got news for you pal, Kobe trains with Bruce Lee's old trainer, and this aint no self defense class, its a attack first fighting style so if Ron wants to go im sure Kobe can give him teh touch of death and end all you Rockets fans off after him.
Yeeeaaaahhh Ron Ron is crazy and would straight kill Kobe. Everyone knows this.

fisher turned and look and gave scola a tough shot. scola wasn't even boxing him out aggressively or anything. just a plain cheap shot. dfish gotta go.

The problem with the Fisher foul over the Rondo foul was Fisher looked back and saw him coming while Rondos was a quick reaction type play

Originally Posted by mco85

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by mco85

nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:

Fro B Giant wrote:

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He
just

happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of
his

personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His

personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep
because he

is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions
on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With
that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew
up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger"
in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but
he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a
stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of
Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different.
Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog
in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

That was the dumbest thing I have ever read

Just my opinion man. Feel free to explain why Kobe gets hated besides the whole he copies MJ thing.

Kobe gets hate because he came into the league at the wrong time. If Kobe would have came in 5 years after Jordan retired people would have loved him. People loved Jordan and Kobe patterns his game and mannerisms after Jordan and people weren't ready to see Jordan go so they hate on Kobe. I don't see how someone could like Jordan and not like Kobe. Jordan was cocky and arrogant, slept around on his wife like Kobe, had a huge gambling problem, was hated by the majority of his teammates, a lot of the same thngs are true about Kobe.

Another reason people don't like Kobe is the way the media is now. When Jordan was playing the media would pretty much protect him, report on his on the court performance and not really talk about how much of an %#%%@!% he was. In today's media they report on the personality of the players a lot more than they used to so people don't love athletes like they used to for the most part.

And you talked about kobe being from the suberbs, Mike wasn't by any means from the hood and he is the most loved basketball player ever.
Not really sure about hated by majority of teammates part. But we really need to move past the whole I hate kobe because he acts like MJ. Althoughthat is a big reason for most Kobe haters or dislikers, that is not the only reason. Like I mentioned, the public perception is due to what... We, the public,hearing stories off the court. Meaning the media, which you bring up too. I'm not saying you have to be from the hood to be not hated on, but Kobe'scockiness can be annoying considering his experiences growing up. I respect Kobe so much as a bball player. Man, I even have all his Nintendo exclusive KobeBryant bball games and etc., but he will get hated on if he continues being Kobe. But I guess everyone wants to be like Mike.

only suspensions I see from today's actions are FISHER & RAFER

Kobe & Artest will be there in game 3 I'm sure

however, as holden pointed out, nothing happened to Rondo. So we'll see

Lakers are a team of suckers. Instead of playing good hard defense, they play dirty. Typical soft %#@$!%. Ron Artest is right, Kobe is a dirty player and hegets away with it a lot and the second Ron Artest confronts him about it, he gets thrown out the game, str8 BS.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He just happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of his personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep because he is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger" in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different. Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

Hang on, so you are saying that the only people allowed to have swagger are people the are from the hood???? There is something wrong with that homie. Youcan't tell people when they can or cannot have swagger, he's got the game so stop him, shut him up then!!!!!! Just like everyone else in the league youcan't because who will stop him? They placed their best defenders on him and he chopped em up. Hand in the face, who cares, he nailed shot after shot. Yourargument makes no sense, so back to the drawing board as to why you don't like him.

I'm a kobe fan, but so many of you laker/rocket fans are giving rediculous responses.

Ron Artest had his arms all over Kobe neck, Kobe threw an elbow, Ron started it by playing him physically with his arms all over his body. The foul SHOULD havebeen on Kobe, but it wasn't.

Bad call. Ron Artest did not get ejected because of the call though. The game already had some tension with odom and scola, luke and scola, fisher and scola,THE LAST GUY you want going to confront another player is RON ARTEST.

Can you blame the refs for ejecting him? Seriously? Same scenario. Can you blame the refs for ejecting fisher? NO! We all know what Ron Artest has done in thepast, he's been on good behavior a couple of months, boohoo, let us all forget who this psycho really is.

Ron Artest should be the LAST player complaining about elbows and physical play. Seriously, like everyone says, this is RON ARTEST here, the toughest defenderin the NBA. Had that foul not been called against him, I guarantee you he wouldn't have reacted the way he did.

Bottom Line:

Kobe should of gotten the foul. Ron Artest being ejected was just common sense, a guy like that CANNOT go and confront another player especially the way hereacted to the call. The coach couldn't even control him.

Fisher with that play? I can see how he got ejected, but a suspension? Please. He knocked him to the floor with his body, the ejection was fair enough.

Refs make mistakes, but a suspension on Fisher OR YET EVEN ON KOBE is laughable especially after what Rondo did throughout that whole series and that ElbowDwight threw and didn't even get ejected.

Had the Refs suspended Rondo the Celtics would of lost, and that's the main reason no disciplinary action was taken. The league can be as crooked as theywant, but this game was legit and just got a little bit out of control.

BTW, Ron Artest is insane. This dude is in his own world and Rocket fans act like just because he's on their team now it's okay to recognize him assomething he's not and forget his past. Please....

Normally I don't agree with that kind of play going on but you know what Scola deserved that for all the junk he does after the shot.

was this after the foul on odom or something else?

"u hittin the wrong person, dont u know u hittin ron artest"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Lakers are a team of suckers. Instead of playing good hard defense, they play dirty. Typical soft %#@$!%. Ron Artest is right, Kobe is a dirty player and he gets away with it a lot and the second Ron Artest confronts him about it, he gets thrown out the game, str8 BS.
you a jazz fan by any chance?
laugh.gif

hater1.jpg

I love the Lakers and yes I think Scola needed to have a message sent to him. Fisher should get fined but not suspended in my opinion. Knowing the leaguethough, he will get suspended, Kobe will get fined. Ron Artest should have just gotten one technical. I don't think Crawford gave him a warning about asecond technical. Ron shouldnt complain though. He plays physical as hell too. Let's not forget he has a history of issues like this. Kobe would get a beatdown 1 on 1 against Ron though. Rough night for the NBA. I loved the Rafer Alston slap though.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Also, Ron says "im ron artest, the wrong guy to hit" I got news for you pal, Kobe trains with Bruce Lee's old trainer, and this aint no self defense class, its a attack first fighting style so if Ron wants to go im sure Kobe can give him teh touch of death and end all you Rockets fans off after him.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
..you sound like one of them nerdy #+! kids that want to fight...and wasnt Ron Ron a golden glove?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

I'll just say this:

There are very few humans that I can just kick in the head with no remorse. Kobe Bryant is one of them.
And, why is that?

He's one of those people I can't stand.

You know when you were younger in school there was that kid who was an absolute square, but had a unique talent? And he felt like that talent compensated for his square-status.

That's how I view this piece of %+@$. I cannot stand this mother +@!@@$.
I'm with you man.

You guys got some deep issues man seek counseling. And I am not trying to be funny either. You are effect saying you allow Kobe, a person you don't knowpersonally and who could give a lick about you, to control you like you are a robot. He is controlling you and he doesn't even know it. How about get someself control and take the power back. You people are like children on NT, hating ball players and famous people. Are you serious??? Get a hobby, buildsomething, do something with your life for real. I am seriously laughing over here.

^^coming from a person who clearly idolizes a particular athlete. you might be under his control as well

quick question for those that say "ROn would kill Kobe in a fight"... do you think that Ron could take DJ Mbenga in a fight? simple answer please

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

I'll just say this:

There are very few humans that I can just kick in the head with no remorse. Kobe Bryant is one of them.
And, why is that?

He's one of those people I can't stand.

You know when you were younger in school there was that kid who was an absolute square, but had a unique talent? And he felt like that talent compensated for his square-status.

That's how I view this piece of %+@$. I cannot stand this mother +@!@@$.
I'm with you man.

You guys got some deep issues man seek counseling. And I am not trying to be funny either. You are effect saying you allow Kobe, a person you don't know personally and who could give a lick about you, to control you like you are a robot. He is controlling you and he doesn't even know it. How about get some self control and take the power back. You people are like children on NT, hating ball players and famous people. Are you serious??? Get a hobby, build something, do something with your life for real. I am seriously laughing over here.
What do you mean...you people?

Originally Posted by LA ALL DAY

only suspensions I see from today's actions are FISHER & RAFER

Kobe & Artest will be there in game 3 I'm sure

however, as holden pointed out, nothing happened to Rondo. So we'll see
Rafer should be suspended that was disrespectful.

I don't know why ,but I am still on the fence with Derek...flagrant was enough let him play.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He just happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of his personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep because he is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger" in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different. Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

Hang on, so you are saying that the only people allowed to have swagger are people the are from the hood???? There is something wrong with that homie. You can't tell people when they can or cannot have swagger, he's got the game so stop him, shut him up then!!!!!! Just like everyone else in the league you can't because who will stop him? They placed their best defenders on him and he chopped em up. Hand in the face, who cares, he nailed shot after shot. Your argument makes no sense, so back to the drawing board as to why you don't like him.
No one said Kobe cannot have swagger. Or that you have to be from the hood to have swagger. Come on now, it's a stereotype though. Youanswered why people hate on Kobe by your own response by the way. He talks a lot. Which is allowed... But if KG gets hated on for his trash talking so doesKobe. There are different types of swagger by the way. I don't act like someone I'm not. Which some people might say why Kobe is fake. I don'tthink he is fake, but I think he tries to hard to be someone he is not. He will be respected and hated. Most great players have that...

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Ska - i was here.. on NT... when Shaq and Kobe were together... and you never heard a word around these parts about Kobe being a "dirty human being".

All of a sudden the Shaq/Kobe feud takes off... Kobe has the trouble with his wife and Colorado... and ever since he's a marked man around these parts, with an entire camp of "haters".

Maybe that doesn't mean you - but we're talking about the vast majority of people here.
roll.gif

No disrespect... But you are SO wrong on that.

I remember for a fact that there was quite an anti-Kobe faction on NT. Maybe because FRESH fell back due to mod interference... and Zo got chased away... and KICKS OFF retired to Florida (I mean General).... that you're forgetting what the hate for Kobe was like back then. If I'm not mistaken, there was craziness during the series when he had the airballs. There was hate on the Sunshines... Hate when he first met his broad.... Come on man, don't act like this Kobe hate is new. Dudes BEEN hating him.

Call me Kobe Hater El Presidente! I've been hating on Kobe since day 1! Rookie year! It was kinda irrational but the Shaq feud and the rape incident just justified it all for me!
pimp.gif
Kobe's DEFINITELY been not liked on this side since he became a Laker so you can include me in there too
pimp.gif

Reffing during the playoffs this year has been all over the place. Should just let them go with the teams they use in the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom