OFFICIAL: GAME 7 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS. LAKERS 6.17.10 9PM ET AB7C

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I am trying to look at this game from neutral and rational perspective but as a life long, fourth generation Laker fan I am worried that even my best attempts to breakdown this game are clouded with bias. Take my prediction with a grain of salt, I know I am.

I see the Lakers winning by about 10 points, something like 90-80. The reason that I am confident is because the Lakers do not need to do anything extraordinary to win. No one on the Celtics commands a double team and their ability to shut down the Celtics is entirely in the Lakers' own hands. Even if the Laker offense stinks in game 7 (something that is very possible) they will have a great chance if they simply box out, committ less then 18-20 turnovers, sprint back on D and just be somewhat judicious in the half court on defense.

If they box out, they take away the second chance points, which have been a huge source of points for the Celtics, whenever they have won.

If they reasonably limit turnovers and sprint back on D, The Celtics are in real trouble. Transition and even just semi transition are the conditions where Rondo thrives and where he gets himself layups and assists for his teammates. The Lakers have it entirely in their power to remove those conditions. Even if the Lakers shoot a low percentage themselves, if they get back on D and do not give up an excessive amount of turn overs, they will make the Celtics have to play five on five against a set defense.

Finally, when the Lakers are guarding against half court sets, whoever guards Rondo has to pressure the ball. Because the strategy is to give him the open shot, the Lakers guards have sometimes backed so far off of him that they let him manuever where ever he wants and to use his great passing ability to manufacture points for all of his teammates. When Kobe and Fish play him closely, he is much less able to run the offense and that forces the Celtics's best offensive players to go one on one and that means that Garnett and Pierce must score a ton and to do so efficiently and that is asking a lot because Artest and Gasol can guard those guys one on one.

Even if the Celtics players can make some tough shots and the Lakers shoot poorly as a team (which is very possible because Boston will bring their outstanding defense), if the Lakers do those very doable and mundane things that I mentioned, it is unlikely that Celtics will be able to score enough, plain and simple.

I can only hope that the crowd infuses the Lakers with the energy needed to go out and take this game and this series. I know the Celtics will bring the intensity and toughness.
Blah Blah Blah! It All Comes Down to WHO WANTS IT MORE!

Originally Posted by Remi23

I am trying to look at this game from neutral and rational perspective but as a life long, fourth generation Laker fan I am worried that even my best attempts to breakdown this game are clouded with bias. Take my prediction with a grain of salt, I know I am.

I see the Lakers winning by about 10 points, something like 90-80. The reason that I am confident is because the Lakers do not need to do anything extraordinary to win. No one on the Celtics commands a double team and their ability to shut down the Celtics is entirely in the Lakers' own hands. Even if the Laker offense stinks in game 7 (something that is very possible) they will have a great chance if they simply box out, committ less then 18-20 turnovers, sprint back on D and just be somewhat judicious in the half court on defense.

If they box out, they take away the second chance points, which have been a huge source of points for the Celtics, whenever they have won.

If they reasonably limit turnovers and sprint back on D, The Celtics are in real trouble. Transition and even just semi transition are the conditions where Rondo thrives and where he gets himself layups and assists for his teammates. The Lakers have it entirely in their power to remove those conditions. Even if the Lakers shoot a low percentage themselves, if they get back on D and do not give up an excessive amount of turn overs, they will make the Celtics have to play five on five against a set defense.

Finally, when the Lakers are guarding against half court sets, whoever guards Rondo has to pressure the ball. Because the strategy is to give him the open shot, the Lakers guards have sometimes backed so far off of him that they let him manuever where ever he wants and to use his great passing ability to manufacture points for all of his teammates. When Kobe and Fish play him closely, he is much less able to run the offense and that forces the Celtics's best offensive players to go one on one and that means that Garnett and Pierce must score a ton and to do so efficiently and that is asking a lot because Artest and Gasol can guard those guys one on one.

Even if the Celtics players can make some tough shots and the Lakers shoot poorly as a team (which is very possible because Boston will bring their outstanding defense), if the Lakers do those very doable and mundane things that I mentioned, it is unlikely that Celtics will be able to score enough, plain and simple.

I can only hope that the crowd infuses the Lakers with the energy needed to go out and take this game and this series. I know the Celtics will bring the intensity and toughness.
Shut up.

Good analysis Rex. The only thing I would touch upon is the streaky play of our reserves. The only thing I worry about is their shot selection and hustle. If they can maintain the lead (I'm assuming our starters will take care of business) then we'll be fine. Boston tends to go on runs when Farmar/Brown are in the back court.

Odom please show up, mentally.

hey guys any of y'all have links to get Lkers fans tshirt pls ? can't get them at the games im in Paris France ! thx in advance

i thought odom did fine last game.

he was in the game mentally, trying to hype the crowd..and crashing the boards also..i think we win if we have 2 players with 15+ with Kobe

BS, your telling me that Boston didn't want to close it yesterday?? 

Everything Rex posted is fundamental stuff that wins you games.  F who wants it more, if you play like crap, and don't execute, you're not gonna win.

I didn't follow the Lakers season much but is Adam Morrison injured? He was in a suit. I was really hoping to see him get a good minute of action.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I didn't follow the Lakers season much but is Adam Morrison injured? He was in a suit. I was really hoping to see him get a good minute of action.

he's just not activated on the roster.

he doesn't do anything anyway.

I trust Kobe to lock this up in LA for #5. If it happens, I'm gonna be a very very happy man...

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

BS, your telling me that Boston didn't want to close it yesterday?? 

Everything Rex posted is fundamental stuff that wins you games.  F who wants it more, if you play like crap, and don't execute, you're not gonna win.
Yeah they did But Their Backs weren't against the walls they still had one more chance which is Thursday. I Watch the game & they just didn't come out with the intensity that they had from games 2-6 

Yeah they did But Their Backs weren't against the walls they still had one more chance which is Thursday. I Watch the game & they just didn't come out with the intensity that they had from games 2-6 

I fully expect Boston to play the same way they did in Game 4-5, with intensity. Not expecting anything less.

Just hope the Lakers come out with another blow.  Bynum has to give it his all, limping, dragging himself whatever it takes, it's Game 7, everyone on that floor is gonna be pumped, and I cannot wait.   

for perkins to be out it must be a real serious injury.

lakers nee dto not take them lightly just because the injury. i did not like that they gave boston so many open shots. do not take sheed or davis lightly...

its either gonna be number 16 or a black day for the lakers if the celtics win in staples...

Originally Posted by DMan14

kg is ready for war, will it be enough?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LA was the 1ST seed in the west and BOS was the 4TH seed in the east...they also BEAT LA IN LA IN GAME 7...
sick.gif
eek.gif

Bill
pimp.gif

was the RED (RIP) in the back yelling "ONE MORE TIME" during Bill's interview?
laugh.gif

History will repeat itself....

^ Too bad Bill Russell isn't walking through that door.

Lakers got this, Celtics F'd up by not closing us out, can't wait to see the guys get to celebrate at home for once.

Good read, but I can tell it was written by a Lakers fan. You probably don't want to read an analysis from a "Lakers hater" so I'll just let a Celtics fan write one up. But I doubt that will happen.

Crazy things happen in a Game 7. Time for stars to step up and maybe a new star to make an imprint in history.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

^ Too bad Bill Russell isn't walking through that door.

Lakers got this, Celtics F'd up by not closing us out, can't wait to see the guys get to celebrate at home for once.
Bill retired after that season...
West was also named Finals MVP on the LOSING team that being LA...I did hear last night that KOBE would be consider Finals MVP if LA loss...
nerd.gif

--Can we get more productive/objective posts from peeps with sigs whose team aint playing tomorrow?
nerd.gif

You got it Darth...

-With Perkins out, the Lakers will be dumping it inside all game... and when they make a conscious effort to do this, they rarely lose.
-Game 7, all bets are off... but I still dont see the C's beating a motivated, focused, better LA team on their home court.

LA 98 - Boston 89

--All I'm sayin is that 1969 Celtics over Lakers doesnt matter right now. The Lakers Game 5 over the Magic last year doesnt matter right now. Pierce's '08 Finals MVP doesnt matter right now. Kobe's 81 doesnt matter right now. Nothing in the past matters concerning this game. All that matters is tomorrow. 48 mins. Thats it.

--The Celtics will come out with more fury this time around. The game will be closer.
--If Perkins is out, Lakers must control the boards and the paint.
--Ron Artest has got to stop Pierce. ONE more time.
--I didnt wanna see a 7th game(at the beginning of the series)..but now that I look at it, I wouldnt have it any other way.

this is what i think is key to the Lakers winning.

go on a nice run early, get up on them from the opening tip off and break whatever confidence they have. something similar to games 5 and 7 against houston in 2009, game 6 in denver in 2009, and game 5 against okc this year.

out rebound them especially on offensive boards. go after every single board, get 2nd chances on the Lakers side of things and limit them to second chances as well.

make the hustle plays. i said in game 5 that aside from Kobe it seemed as if they wanted it more, diving for loose balls, not giving up on plays etc. well Farmar made a few of those plays of his own last night and hopefully we see a few of those again on thursday.

this game should be closer but the Lakers should win this by about 10-12. no way i'm gonna bet against the home team and the team that has the best player in the game in a game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Back
Top Bottom