OFFICIAL: GAME 7 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS. LAKERS 6.17.10 9PM ET AB7C

There's nothin in our way - they bust, we bust, they rust, we rust
Led flyin, feel it? I feel it in my gut
THAT WE TAKE THESE !@++#$@ TO WAR, LIE 'EM DOWN
CAUSE WE STRONGER NOW MY +*%$# THE TIME IS NOW!!

Game 7 Refs: Joey Crawford, Danny Crawford, Scott Foster
Joey always backs the road teams, that ain't good, but I hear Crawford and the Celts don't get along.  So that evens that out.  So what's the deal on Foster?  Anyone know his story?  He must be the tie breaker. 

Since I know the refs will become the focal point by one teams fanbase sometime tonight. 
laugh.gif

Nevermind, just saw on Twitter that Simmons likes Foster, so that means he's pro Celtic, Simmons likes 2 of the 3 refs tonight, great. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Let's all hope for a good clean game with zero ref issues.  I don't wanna have to deal with that in the morning.  Hurts my head. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

There's nothin in our way - they bust, we bust, they rust, we rust
Led flyin, feel it? I feel it in my gut
THAT WE TAKE THESE !@++#$@ TO WAR, LIE 'EM DOWN
CAUSE WE STRONGER NOW MY +*%$# THE TIME IS NOW!!

greatest song of all time.

Lakers are one loss from accomplishing the same thing the Suns did this season, nothing.  Please Celtics........
pimp.gif

With that said, Lakers win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

this game will define kobe's legacy

already defined, the media just want him to fail
eyes.gif

I agree somewhat with the legacy defining aspect. Kobe is at the precipice of going into the stratosphere with Magic and Mike if the Lakers take care of home tonight. He's already a top 10 player regardless of what happens tonight, but to get into a legitimate conversation of being the greatest of all time, he HAS to win this Game 7.

He's at home and it's against the Lakers biggest rival in the Celtics. Win this and nobody will really care too much about how they got stomped in 2008, they'll remember his ridiculous playoff run this year and that he got back to back Finals MVPs, they will start taking about him as the greatest Laker of all time, he can now be in the same library as His Airness. So I think more than anyone on the floor tonight, the pressure is on Kobe to be special. I just hope he doesn't try and overdo it and end up hurting the team. But I don't think that'll be the case, he'll rise to the occasion.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

eyes.gif

I agree somewhat with the legacy defining aspect. Kobe is at the precipice of going into the stratosphere with Magic and Mike if the Lakers take care of home tonight. He's already a top 10 player regardless of what happens tonight, but to get into a legitimate conversation of being the greatest of all time, he HAS to win this Game 7.

He's at home and it's against the Lakers biggest rival in the Celtics. Win this and nobody will really care too much about how they got stomped in 2008, they'll remember his ridiculous playoff run this year and that he got back to back Finals MVPs, they will start taking about him as the greatest Laker of all time, he can now be in the same library as His Airness. So I think more than anyone on the floor tonight, the pressure is on Kobe to be special. I just hope he doesn't try and overdo it and end up hurting the team. But I don't think that'll be the case, he'll rise to the occasion.
i have to disagree. Kobe already proved he could win one on his own last year. winning one against the Celtics would be a nice touch and all, but i dont see what else he has to prove. even if he wins 2 more, it wont put him in the same class as Jordan because he already lost twice.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

eyes.gif

i have to disagree. Kobe already proved he could win one on his own last year. winning one against the Celtics would be a nice touch and all, but i dont see what else he has to prove. even if he wins 2 more, it wont put him in the same class as Jordan because he already lost twice.
I don't agree with everything, like I said he's already secure. But just the dichotomy against the Celtics, two years after the way he and his team went out to come back and beat them would be huge for him. The media will for damn sure overblow it and start up the MJ comparisons again, even though they are not warranted. But I think this is more about his legacy as a Laker than it is him against MJ. All the greats have said that for him to be considered the best Laker of all time, he HAS to beat the Celitcs. It's just the way it is.

The Lakers pull this off and it will be the PERFECT season for me! It will be the best Finals win I have been apart of as a fan! I will relish it and bask in the victory for years to come!

Lakers, one more!

gonna be stuck at work

anyone got a stream?

should i
-tivo the gm and watch it, staying away from the computer all night long, get home and watch it?
-follow the score online on yahoo
-rush my %!@ home and maybe, catch the final two minutes if i am lucky
-go to the closest bar and catch the final quarter (cant stand the fans of both teams, lol)

either way, i will be missing gm7, smh

^^^ call in sick if you're a big lakers fan like me
I would NEVER be working during a Lakers finals Game 7

this is the longest day ever

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

^^^ call in sick if you're a big lakers fan like me
I would NEVER be working during a Lakers finals Game 7

this is the longest day ever

did that this morning, plus i'm still draggin around from my Miami trip
laugh.gif
 Lakers win tonight i can die in peace

well I predicted in the I'm calling it now thread that the finals would be epic, and they have been. And if the NBA don't meddle in this game, it could go down as possibly the greatest game 7 of a finals in history. Will Stern let it happen I doubt it because the NBA makes more money off of dynasties, so expect this game to be called tight, with more calls favoring LA. It shouldn't be that way, but I don't think Stern can resist showing people it's his league and not the players, fans, and owners, and that he controls things as he see's fit. Hopefully I'm wrong. Let the men play and may the best team tonight become champs

the green machine taking out this fake city, fake fans, fake team, fake coach, fake everything. We taking this $%#% tonight, lets go C's!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom