OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like I said, that letter was written to Robb under duress.

If anything she tried to save her father. She thinks if she writes the letter, Ned will be ok.

"“Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey, and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.”"

The letter was then given to Arya by Littlefinger in an attempt to cast a divide between Arya and Sansa which didn't work.

again what duress? cersei was going to kill her only valuable hostage?

The duress was she thought the Lannister’s were going to kill her dad. Her concerns proved true.

Sansa: "What will happen to him (Ned)?"
Cersei: "That depends."
Sansa: "On what?"
Cersei: "On your brother. And on you."

that "duress" was there regardless of the letter

if she didnt write it they were going to kill ned cuz she didnt write a letter? no

they werent even going to kill him joffrey did that by surprise

that "duress" was there regardless of the letter

if she didnt write it they were going to kill ned cuz she didnt write a letter? no

they werent even going to kill him joffrey did that by surprise

You think a 13 year old Sansa alone and surrounded by the Queen and her council knows this?

She also hears she and her father could be charged with treason, which is punishable by death.

You think a 13 year old Sansa alone and surrounded by the Queen and her council knows this?

i think a 13 year surrounded by them would know a letter is not going to solve anything

arya knew it at 9 thats why they didnt catch her

She also hears she and her father could be charged with treason, which is punishable by death.

and a letter is not going to change that

she sure seemed worried about that when she thought about pushing joffrey

mAn ShUt Up I pOsT wHaT i WaNt

3291972.gif

i think a 13 year surrounded by them would know a letter is not going to solve anything

arya knew it at 9 thats why they didnt catch her

and a letter is not going to change that

she sure seemed worried about that when she thought about pushing joffrey

That's what duress is ... People sign them because they think it'll help.

A forced confession is an example.

https://www.innocenceproject.org/false-confessions-recording-interrogations/

You don't think Sansa wrote the letter under duress?

It was a threat.

Last edited:
Gonna ask a stupid question

But does anyone have an hbo go account I can use for a month to watch game of thrones from beginning to end? Lol

Dead srs

But she didn't.

She was surrounded by probably the most powerful people in Kings Landing, with the Queen telling her basically "send this letter and your father will be ok". I hope you're not forgetting that early seasons Sansa was considered by many to be naive. She believed it would help her father.

I think that's believable.

But she didn't.

She was surrounded by probably the most powerful people in Kings Landing, with the Queen telling her basically "send this letter and your father will be ok". I hope you're not forgetting that early seasons Sansa was considered by many to be naive. She believed it would help her father.

I think that's believable.

im not forgetting her naivete im just not excusing it

arya had enough sense to know not to trust any of them at 9

and she didnt do it entirely to help her father she didnt want to break her betrothal to joffrey

im not forgetting her naivete im just not excusing it

arya had enough sense to know not to trust any of them at 9

and she didnt do it entirely to help her father she didnt want to break her betrothal to joffrey

I think 95% of why she did it was to protect her father.

I mean she literally begs for his life in the same episode.

Arya already had a bad experience with the Lannisters - the death of Mycah and the (probable) death of Syrio.

Prior to the whole Ned treason thing, Sansa didn't have those experiences Arya did. Her dire wolf died, yes, but she blamed Arya. By the end of season 1, after all the bad **** the Lannisters did, Sansa saw them for who they really were.

See......if the Night King(The Right King ) woulda won they wouldnt be as upset

Also Cersei was ruling, Dany was ruling, Sansa is ruling and Marge was aiight before the wildfire.

Ayo Cersei blew her *** alllllllll the way up :lol:

Also what u mean the Dothraki cant rape? I bet their tounge game is MEAN :wow:sick::sick:

I just noticed that Sam says Drogon was "last spotted flying east towards Volant--" before he's cut off by Bronn. He clearly was going to say Volantis...Kinvara is in Volantis. :nerd: They could've easily been vague and not dropped a city name.

Not sure this has any bearing on the show, but the GOT: For the Throne album has a song called Prayer and the chorus is "Pray with me, we can bring her back" in English+High Valyrian.

I forgot to add that there were reports the actress that plays Kinvara was reportedly seen on set.

I think D&D were definitely considering ending the show with Dany resurrecting. They probably decided not to because leaving a loose end that huge would have everyone demanding they do another season.

This is the song if anyone's interested in hearing:

Last edited:
I think 95% of why she did it was to protect her father.

I mean she literally begs for his life in the same episode.

Arya already had a bad experience with the Lannisters - the death of Mycah and the (probable) death of Syrio.

Prior to the whole Ned treason thing, Sansa didn't have those experiences Arya did. Her dire wolf died, yes, but she blamed Arya. By the end of season 1, after all the bad **** the Lannisters did, Sansa saw them for who they really were.

but she didnt still didnt learn her lessons as her episodes with littlefinger proved

just as naive as you make her out to be in s1 in s2-4

lied to the lords of the eyrie to protect him why?

See......if the Night King(The Right King ) woulda won they wouldnt be as upset

Also Cersei was ruling, Dany was ruling, Sansa is ruling and Marge was aiight before the wildfire.

Ayo Cersei blew her *** alllllllll the way up :lol:

Also what u mean the Dothraki cant rape? I bet their tounge game is MEAN :wow:sick::sick:

the dothraki swore to stop raping when she became khaleesi

Just because criticizing D&D is the popular take currently doesn't mean it's wrong. I'm happy to admit I like something even if others don't, but not solely for the sake of being contrarian. S8 was not very good to speak plainly.

Does everyone else feel like the series finale was too kind to the Stark brood? Was it delayed compensation Ned's beheading and the 'Red Wedding.'

One argument I keep seeing is that D&D didn't have ample time to properly complete all the character arcs. But they could have made their lives easier by killing off some key players early in S8. We didn't really lose anyone significant in the Battle for Winterfell. Theon being the largest L. One of my predictions was that Jaime would give his life in battle to protect Brienne.

I had a suspicion Missandei would be taken. It was a logical route because Grey Worm dying in battle would be far too easy and simple. Instead, let him suffer alive, without purpose and meaning. I thought GW might be more hell-bent on obtaining revenge against 'The Mountain' for beheading Missandei. Something like Grey Worm attempting to duel 'The Mountain' but falling, with 'The Hound' appearing to finish the job on his big brother. Or 'The Mountain' killing Arya in her quest to take Cersei's life and 'The Hound' avenging Arya's death.

The Golden Company was rushed into the fray, not adequately integrated. Dany's descent into madness was also extremely expedited. Tyrion almost has too much influence as an adviser, while the writers diminished Varys's ability to work back-channels in the dark.

but she didnt still didnt learn her lessons as her episodes with littlefinger proved

just as naive as you make her out to be in s1 in s2-4

lied to the lords of the eyrie to protect him why?

the dothraki swore to stop raping when she became khaleesi

She could trust him to a certain extent, because she knew of his love for Catelyn. And he was nice to her.

At the end, Sansa learned from Littlefinger more than anything.

At that point, she's finally playing the game. She says why she lied, she knows what Baelish wants, but she doesn't know what the Lords of the Eyrie want.

Back
Top Bottom