OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All good things must come to an end, fellas. Better to go out on top, then overstay...

Isn't it split into 2 - 8s?
Technically getting more if that's the case.

Got it.

Damn... shortened seasons...
There is going to be so much packed in.

given how little time is left, we can probably predict most of what is left, just not the outcomes. unless they decide to go with 2-hour episodes and totally redeem themselves!

between Starks reuniting and Jon discovering his parentage, white walkers breaching the wall, Dany arriving in Westeros, a brother killing Cersei (it's gotta be Jaime. he killed the mad King; now time for the mad queen), Hound v Mountain, Littlefinger screwing someone over before being killed himself, Tolmund getting with Brienne, Pod getting with Melisandre (you heard it here first!), and Bronn reuniting the Lannister brothers over a drink at a brothel, and then 2 major battles (probably 1 between Dany and the Lannisters and 1 between the white walkers and everyone else), what more is left? At this point they can't really introduce any new characters or storylines. Throw in some dialogue and sex and that's easily 13 episodes.

Last edited:
I want to see Jamie slice all the sand snakes in half and then take dumps on their bodies.

Hope it's longer episodes if the seasons are shortened a few episodes 
mean.gif

I see Jamie getting killed or his legs chopped off.

#NorthernJustice #StarksPayingTheirDebts

Last edited:
All good things must come to an end, fellas. Better to go out on top, then overstay...
Word to Dexter, Californication, Weeds, House of Lies, Homeland and pretty much every Showtime series.

Word to Dexter, Californication, Weeds, House of Lies, Homeland and pretty much every Showtime series.
I would say Dexter and Weeds overstayed their welcome. Not sure about the others. Heard Californication was good?

Last edited:
i was watching weeds, stopped mid season 6 was getting too meh for me.

WORD TO SHAMELESS still going strong!

Penny Dreadful ended on a high note.

Many feel it ended too soon.

But overall yeah, Showtime loves to milk their good shows until they're not good.

I remember saying something was just not the same about Homeland and dudes telling me no and saying Showtime doesn't have that problem. Next season they all saying the show fell off :lol:

I would say Dexter and Weeds overstayed their welcome. Not sure about the others. Heard Californication was good?

It was, but went about 2 seasons too long. Still had its moments in the later seasons, but dropped off considerably.

It was, but went about 2 seasons too long. Still had its moments in the later seasons, but dropped off considerably.

Speaking of Showtime, I remember at least one person in here (or maybe it was the movie thread) say they watched the 1st espiode of Roadies and was underwhelmed. Did you stick with it? If so, did it get better?

Might have been me since I haven't seen anybody else mention the show :lol:

I gave it a chance and watched maybe 2 or 3 more eps. I dipped with the ep when Dwight Schrute shows up. Its just not for me and I can only see the appeal in the concept. The story being told just bores me.

Shame cuz I mess with Wilson, Gugino, and Plots is growing on me.

Rode with Dexter, Weeds & Californication 'til the wheels fell off... And boy did they fall off :smh:

Never got into House of Lies.

I stopped watching Homeland this last season after a couple of episodes...

Penny Dreadful is the **** & I've yet to finish watching it's last ( :frown: ) season.

Shameless is the only one that comes to mind that is still going strong after 5+ seasons when it comes to Showtime.

Last edited:
Homeland can either fall all the way off next season, or defy the Showtime curse and be solid in it's later years. It's at a weird impasse to me.

Game of Thrones, though, will never fall off.

Homeland can either fall all the way off next season, or defy the Showtime curse and be solid in it's later years. It's at a weird impasse to me.

Homeland fell off when they killed off Broadie

Homeland fell off when they killed off Broadie
I just feel like they slipped and are trying to catch themselves. The Broadie plot fell off season 3. Glad they ended it.

Back
Top Bottom