Official Game Thread: Miami Heat @ OKC Thunder- 1/30 vol NBA on ABC Debut!

I don't tweet or understand how that stuff works, but Bosh is soft. He might not be this giant physical specimen, so I'll give him that when he's matched up with the leagues stronger and bigger 4's and 5's, but when he has a chance to stop a 1 or 2 guard and wilts... I know Westbrook is tough to guard, but in a play like this where the lane is that open and all Bosh does is gift wrap a highlight dunk for Russell.
http://www.nba.com/video/...000701_mia_okc_play5.nba

Maybe Eddie can lend him some of these...

clipboard01zy.jpg

clipboard02gn.jpg

clipboard03sq.jpg

I don't tweet or understand how that stuff works, but Bosh is soft. He might not be this giant physical specimen, so I'll give him that when he's matched up with the leagues stronger and bigger 4's and 5's, but when he has a chance to stop a 1 or 2 guard and wilts... I know Westbrook is tough to guard, but in a play like this where the lane is that open and all Bosh does is gift wrap a highlight dunk for Russell.
http://www.nba.com/video/...000701_mia_okc_play5.nba

Maybe Eddie can lend him some of these...

clipboard01zy.jpg

clipboard02gn.jpg

clipboard03sq.jpg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
Eddie House....huge balls
roll.gif

s148xe.png
laugh.gif

Man I just woke up. After driving long distances (100 miles or so from where I was), I always get sleepy plus I stopped at AppleBee's. Yea, offensive rebounds killed us, particularly late. Also, it has been pointed us amongst us Thunder fans since going back to even last yr, but Scott Brooks really has no playbook. The brilliance of Durant, Westbrook, and at times Green just creates the illusion he does but end of clock, end of game situations all we really do is iso and/or run KD off of a screen which is a basic set any team has or we go pick and roll. KD is just such a beast at making contested jumpers, it doesn't matter that most of the time he doesn't really get that open off those sets, plus he and Russ get to the ft line where we're the best in the league, I think approaching best in league history status in fact.

When I wake up, I'll upload some pics, didn't get a whole lot of videos because I was supposed to meet a guy pregame who I won a Thunder hoody from so I was outside, but it was hella cold so I kept running back to the car plus to plug my phone in which always dies hella fast around the arena. I forgot to pack a cold weather shirt (it was as low as 31) in my overnight bag, just had a thin short sleeve Nike short I bought to wear in case the hotel had free breakfast because again, the arrangement was to get that Thunder hoody and wear that but dude never showed or answered my calls pregame so I ended up having to wear this dingy #%@ Nike shirt and a Faded Glory bubble jacket I bought from Wal Mart for 13$ just to wear once. My swag was all off, you know how that goes when you don't even feel confident about your wardrobe and !+@*. So I just went into the team shop and bought a shirt, took the jacket off and changed in the bathroom, problem solved but I was still upset because I missed the pregame warmups and the rap song waiting for dude, which I intended to get for this thread. I wanted to get that Privaledge song. 

And Joel Anthony sucks offensively. Here's how it works with most NBA players. Guys who only shoot jumpers out to 17 or 18 feet in games but never or rarely 3s, can easily knock down 7 of 10 in warmup non game situations from 3 in pregame shootarounds. Guys like James Jones and Mike Miller who ARE ~40% shooters, can knock down the same # while chatting each other up and not even paying attention. So basically, guys are at least a few levels offensively better than what they and their coach are confident enough to show you in games,

Joel Anthony is only a threat to dunk if wide the !+@* open. That's the extent of his offense. So in real life, he should be able to knock down up to 15 footers which decent efficiency. No sir! Layups! Nope. I was watching him in warmups after half, son was blowing 0 foot hooks, layups, everything, only made dunks. And then to make matters worse, he started trying to miss on purpose to practice rebounding and then he couldn't miss and he got mad. No $@%$#@%$.

Wade and LeBron both picked out a ref, Violet Palmer (more than likely because she's the female), and were *****ing at her all night.

And Wade complains to the ref the whole game, he was telling the ref, "I didn't travel, I did a little dance" and kept doing this motion with his feet while laughing, but he was serious. Like what he demonstrated with his hands, along with what he did which was called, was a travel. But I guess he just felt like arguing it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
Eddie House....huge balls
roll.gif

s148xe.png
laugh.gif

Man I just woke up. After driving long distances (100 miles or so from where I was), I always get sleepy plus I stopped at AppleBee's. Yea, offensive rebounds killed us, particularly late. Also, it has been pointed us amongst us Thunder fans since going back to even last yr, but Scott Brooks really has no playbook. The brilliance of Durant, Westbrook, and at times Green just creates the illusion he does but end of clock, end of game situations all we really do is iso and/or run KD off of a screen which is a basic set any team has or we go pick and roll. KD is just such a beast at making contested jumpers, it doesn't matter that most of the time he doesn't really get that open off those sets, plus he and Russ get to the ft line where we're the best in the league, I think approaching best in league history status in fact.

When I wake up, I'll upload some pics, didn't get a whole lot of videos because I was supposed to meet a guy pregame who I won a Thunder hoody from so I was outside, but it was hella cold so I kept running back to the car plus to plug my phone in which always dies hella fast around the arena. I forgot to pack a cold weather shirt (it was as low as 31) in my overnight bag, just had a thin short sleeve Nike short I bought to wear in case the hotel had free breakfast because again, the arrangement was to get that Thunder hoody and wear that but dude never showed or answered my calls pregame so I ended up having to wear this dingy #%@ Nike shirt and a Faded Glory bubble jacket I bought from Wal Mart for 13$ just to wear once. My swag was all off, you know how that goes when you don't even feel confident about your wardrobe and !+@*. So I just went into the team shop and bought a shirt, took the jacket off and changed in the bathroom, problem solved but I was still upset because I missed the pregame warmups and the rap song waiting for dude, which I intended to get for this thread. I wanted to get that Privaledge song. 

And Joel Anthony sucks offensively. Here's how it works with most NBA players. Guys who only shoot jumpers out to 17 or 18 feet in games but never or rarely 3s, can easily knock down 7 of 10 in warmup non game situations from 3 in pregame shootarounds. Guys like James Jones and Mike Miller who ARE ~40% shooters, can knock down the same # while chatting each other up and not even paying attention. So basically, guys are at least a few levels offensively better than what they and their coach are confident enough to show you in games,

Joel Anthony is only a threat to dunk if wide the !+@* open. That's the extent of his offense. So in real life, he should be able to knock down up to 15 footers which decent efficiency. No sir! Layups! Nope. I was watching him in warmups after half, son was blowing 0 foot hooks, layups, everything, only made dunks. And then to make matters worse, he started trying to miss on purpose to practice rebounding and then he couldn't miss and he got mad. No $@%$#@%$.

Wade and LeBron both picked out a ref, Violet Palmer (more than likely because she's the female), and were *****ing at her all night.

And Wade complains to the ref the whole game, he was telling the ref, "I didn't travel, I did a little dance" and kept doing this motion with his feet while laughing, but he was serious. Like what he demonstrated with his hands, along with what he did which was called, was a travel. But I guess he just felt like arguing it.

you know i'm hating but the point is valid. stop acting like he was double teamed and had no choice but to pass it off.  
If Lebron has 2 options: either himself shooting a wide open 3 or Eddie House shooting a wide open 3, then he should be dishing that ball 100 times out of 100. It's dumb that this is even being talked about.

you know i'm hating but the point is valid. stop acting like he was double teamed and had no choice but to pass it off.  
If Lebron has 2 options: either himself shooting a wide open 3 or Eddie House shooting a wide open 3, then he should be dishing that ball 100 times out of 100. It's dumb that this is even being talked about.

I can't believe you all are complaining about Bron on the final play. That was the right play to make, 11 times out of 10. In fact, soon as I saw the defense was scrambled and House and/or Miller were open in the corner I knew it was going to find it's way to them.

But speaking of Bron, he seems to have lost some athleticism. I know his ankle is bum now but even the rest of the season, he's not getting head and eye level with the rim anymore. Of course, 80-90% LeBron is still more athletic than all but a few people in the world, but it was just something I noticed. He's laying up and finger rolling more than ever now. Also, him and KD were getting in little #@@% talking matches too. KD was guarding Bron and Bron did the little fish body movement "flop" thing and got a call, then the next possession KD was back to LeBron about to post him up and LeBron reached and hit what appeared to be all ball and maybe some arm, even if so completely inconsequential as KD didn't lose the ball or anything, but KD did the same fish body motion and got that call and then they started yapping at each other some while Bron was clapping sarcastically in his face.

I got some different videos and pics uploading now. They had the RV from the ESPN on NBA commercials as well as the trophy from the Lamar Odom one. They had a 3pt contest out there for a chance to win a trip to the finals, I hit 5 of the 12 which was the lead at the time (it was literally 30 degrees and windy) but then this fat chic came later and hit 10 of 12 somehow. I got a free T shirt that was a Large and thusly I can't do anything with but wipe my $%!, I just gave it to the chic who sold me the tickets. They had PS3 NBA Jam outside the truck to play. It looked like garbage, too arcady although I guess that;s the point.

Acrodunk ( http://www.acrodunk.com) performed at halftime, basically slam ball dunk contest #@@%. Oh, and Joel Anthony's are go past his knees.

This is outside the arena an hour and a half before the game. All those people in chairs lined across the arena are in what's called the Reward Zone. Every game, the Thunder reserve 200 seats for the first 100 people to line up alongside the building and Buffalo Wild Wings brings them free food, and they get to purchase a pair of tickets for 20 bucks. Then they also raffle off another 50 pair.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

I can't believe you all are complaining about Bron on the final play. That was the right play to make, 11 times out of 10. In fact, soon as I saw the defense was scrambled and House and/or Miller were open in the corner I knew it was going to find it's way to them.

But speaking of Bron, he seems to have lost some athleticism. I know his ankle is bum now but even the rest of the season, he's not getting head and eye level with the rim anymore. Of course, 80-90% LeBron is still more athletic than all but a few people in the world, but it was just something I noticed. He's laying up and finger rolling more than ever now. Also, him and KD were getting in little #@@% talking matches too. KD was guarding Bron and Bron did the little fish body movement "flop" thing and got a call, then the next possession KD was back to LeBron about to post him up and LeBron reached and hit what appeared to be all ball and maybe some arm, even if so completely inconsequential as KD didn't lose the ball or anything, but KD did the same fish body motion and got that call and then they started yapping at each other some while Bron was clapping sarcastically in his face.

I got some different videos and pics uploading now. They had the RV from the ESPN on NBA commercials as well as the trophy from the Lamar Odom one. They had a 3pt contest out there for a chance to win a trip to the finals, I hit 5 of the 12 which was the lead at the time (it was literally 30 degrees and windy) but then this fat chic came later and hit 10 of 12 somehow. I got a free T shirt that was a Large and thusly I can't do anything with but wipe my $%!, I just gave it to the chic who sold me the tickets. They had PS3 NBA Jam outside the truck to play. It looked like garbage, too arcady although I guess that;s the point.

Acrodunk ( http://www.acrodunk.com) performed at halftime, basically slam ball dunk contest #@@%. Oh, and Joel Anthony's are go past his knees.

This is outside the arena an hour and a half before the game. All those people in chairs lined across the arena are in what's called the Reward Zone. Every game, the Thunder reserve 200 seats for the first 100 people to line up alongside the building and Buffalo Wild Wings brings them free food, and they get to purchase a pair of tickets for 20 bucks. Then they also raffle off another 50 pair.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

But speaking of Bron, he seems to have lost some athleticism. I know his ankle is bum now but even the rest of the season, he's not getting head and eye level with the rim anymore. Of course, 80-90% LeBron is still more athletic than all but a few people in the world, but it was just something I noticed.
l4790908.jpg

9123611-large.jpg

Bron is still getting up as high as ever.
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

But speaking of Bron, he seems to have lost some athleticism. I know his ankle is bum now but even the rest of the season, he's not getting head and eye level with the rim anymore. Of course, 80-90% LeBron is still more athletic than all but a few people in the world, but it was just something I noticed.
l4790908.jpg

9123611-large.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

Originally Posted by dreClark

l4790908.jpg

9123611-large.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

Neither of those dunks were as high as he used to get in Cleveland on a nightly basis, even the one against Phx wasn't. He's still long enough to easily take off from whereever. Camera angles always play a part and are deceptive at times, but he used to give us 1 or 2 of these a night
84608321.png

akfitx.jpg

lerbon-james-workout.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/wa...YcD5pQXQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/wa...cC97Ix7w&feature=related

and there's the screensaver dunk on Barbosa, the miscued lob pass in Portland, the did he meet Jesus yet dunk on the Bobcats, had a few head over rim statue of liberties against the Pistons one game when he had 42 and ESPN actually broke them up that night so he was literally on the top 10 like 4 times, and countless Statue of Liberties on the break. His not as high as he used to be is just that damn high it's still impressive.

Speaking of jumping, here's a neat feature they had outside by the ESPN RV. That's a real vertec too. Kats were testing their vertical, but even people who could jump couldn't because it was so damn cold. People who look like legit hoopers were getting like 16s.
eek.gif
at them having Ziani on there too, though I never saw this 60 inch jump of his where they officially measured it.

2v7yo1v.jpg

Originally Posted by dreClark

l4790908.jpg

9123611-large.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

Neither of those dunks were as high as he used to get in Cleveland on a nightly basis, even the one against Phx wasn't. He's still long enough to easily take off from whereever. Camera angles always play a part and are deceptive at times, but he used to give us 1 or 2 of these a night
84608321.png

akfitx.jpg

lerbon-james-workout.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/wa...YcD5pQXQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/wa...cC97Ix7w&feature=related

and there's the screensaver dunk on Barbosa, the miscued lob pass in Portland, the did he meet Jesus yet dunk on the Bobcats, had a few head over rim statue of liberties against the Pistons one game when he had 42 and ESPN actually broke them up that night so he was literally on the top 10 like 4 times, and countless Statue of Liberties on the break. His not as high as he used to be is just that damn high it's still impressive.

Speaking of jumping, here's a neat feature they had outside by the ESPN RV. That's a real vertec too. Kats were testing their vertical, but even people who could jump couldn't because it was so damn cold. People who look like legit hoopers were getting like 16s.
eek.gif
at them having Ziani on there too, though I never saw this 60 inch jump of his where they officially measured it.

2v7yo1v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom