**Official Game Thread** New Album "Jesus Piece" out Dec. 11th!

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

About to go get my cd signed now 
pimp.gif

The album's good, but why Game persists with the ladies tracks? All the Way Gone and Hello are soft as hell, cringeworthy

One week later this album is still hot to me I don't care what people say.. His first 2 albums were fire to me his third was a lil off.. this one is back on par for what the first two were.. Take Game for what he is people.. I understand why some don't like the Game because they say "he's unoriginal with jackin rappers flows and has too many features" but he's unlike any other rapper in the game right now and he always has above avg production.. Game def is a student of the rap game and on many of those tracks he pulls off imitation flows damn well.. Now to say game is top 5 dead or alive is ridiculous but what above avg rapper wouldn't say that? Def an entertaining character and it shows in his music..

album is 7.5-8/10 IMO

The name-dropping doesn't bother me anymore... I see it as him paying respect to the legends of the game... the dude has tattoos all over his body referencing Big L, Eazy-E, Tupac, etc... his name drops are homages to those who came before him.

pimp.gif
I guess I'm the only one that gives you props for the signed cd. Game is a legend, and one of the realest hip-hop artists of all-time. He will end up in the discussion as one of the top 10 hip-hop artists of all-time. Let the future play out...before you respond.

Originally Posted by dharv

pimp.gif
I guess I'm the only one that gives you props for the signed cd. Game is a legend, and one of the realest hip-hop artists of all-time. He will end up in the discussion as one of the top 10 hip-hop artists of all-time. Let the future play out...before you respond.
I agree. Eli Porter is right up there with him 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by dharv

I agree. Eli Porter is right up there with him 
pimp.gif

I agree. ELI 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

One week later this album is still hot to me I don't care what people say.. His first 2 albums were fire to me his third was a lil off.. this one is back on par for what the first two were.. Take Game for what he is people.. I understand why some don't like the Game because they say "he's unoriginal with jackin rappers flows and has too many features" but he's unlike any other rapper in the game right now and he always has above avg production.. Game def is a student of the rap game and on many of those tracks he pulls off imitation flows damn well.. Now to say game is top 5 dead or alive is ridiculous but what above avg rapper wouldn't say that? Def an entertaining character and it shows in his music..

album is 7.5-8/10 IMO
Couldn't agree more. Game had amazing production on TD and great production on DA as well. He has definitely come along way. Not sure if I would even consider him top 10 but with a few more solid albums who knows. Crazy how he made 4 mixtapes before releasing RED, many tracks from the tapes could easily have been on the album. Might be reaching but he could have made another retail album just off the best tracks he had on the tapes. His numbers were definitely affected by lack of a real hit single and the many delays. Still bumpin RED in the whip though.

If you leave your bias for Game in the toilet somewhere, and forget about how delusional or schizo he is, you'll actually figure out that this is a very good album. I listened to this
right before I went to sleep, and it's definitely worth the $10. It's 72 minutes, but it never really feels like it drags on. There's plenty of bangers (Heavy Artillery, Cali Dream, Born
In The Trap, Paramedics, Speakers on Blast) and just some overall really good songs (Martians vs Goblins, All I Know, Good Bad Ugly, Ricky, The City). To me the only songs that
are kinda meh or Pot of Gold, Red Nation, and Drug Test. Even the 2 songs directly aimed at females (Hello, All the Way Gone) aren't bad songs. One thing though, it is hard
trying to figure out exactly what Game's identity is on this album (outside of like 4-5 songs) since he mimics people's flow on almost every song with a guest veres. I can see how
that would put off some people, but it's never a complete distraction. Hell, he pretty much raps like Drake better than Drake actually raps himself on Good Girls Gone Bad. Paramedics
with Young Jeezy to me does sound like it would have been better on a Young Jeezy album though. Overall, I would give it an 8/10, which to me is a lot better than LAX, but behind
Documentary and Doctor's Advocate.  

(
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
 Kendrick Lamar on The City)

BallerStatus.com: If he(Jay-Z) did respond to one of your songs, what would happen?

Game: I would slay him. I just think that at this stage in his career, his lyrics would have to be sanctioned. There’s only so far he can go with where he’s at now. Me, I can go to hell and back with my lyrics, so I don’t think it’s wise for him to respond, but I respect Jay lyrically. I always have and I always will. It’s just that the facts weigh in, I got a reckless tongue and it’s not to be f***ed with.

via BallerStatus

Originally Posted by Peep Game

If you leave your bias for Game in the toilet somewhere, and forget about how delusional or schizo he is, you'll actually figure out that this is a very good album. I listened to this
right before I went to sleep, and it's definitely worth the $10. It's 72 minutes, but it never really feels like it drags on. There's plenty of bangers (Heavy Artillery, Cali Dream, Born
In The Trap, Paramedics, Speakers on Blast) and just some overall really good songs (Martians vs Goblins, All I Know, Good Bad Ugly, Ricky, The City). To me the only songs that
are kinda meh or Pot of Gold, Red Nation, and Drug Test. Even the 2 songs directly aimed at females (Hello, All the Way Gone) aren't bad songs. One thing though, it is hard
trying to figure out exactly what Game's identity is on this album (outside of like 4-5 songs) since he mimics people's flow on almost every song with a guest veres. I can see how
that would put off some people, but it's never a complete distraction. Hell, he pretty much raps like Drake better than Drake actually raps himself on Good Girls Gone Bad. Paramedics
with Young Jeezy to me does sound like it would have been better on a Young Jeezy album though. Overall, I would give it an 8/10, which to me is a lot better than LAX, but behind
Documentary and Doctor's Advocate.  

(
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
 Kendrick Lamar on The City)
I 100% agree. I finally sat down last night and listened to a store bought copy and thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. I downloaded it last week and gave it a couple spins and it definitely had me into it but hearing a real copy on my system at home this album bangs from beginning to end. I wish it would have come out a little earlier in the summer because this is a great album riding around in the car with the windows down on a nice sunny day or hot summer night. Good album for sure.

dislike the hell outta game but u cant deny the album

8/10

RED Album > Carter IV

very close to being on par with WTT... thanks to "the city", "born in the trap", "mama knows"....cant go a day w/o playing them like a couple tracks on WTT

I give it a 6.5/10 it's just too long I definitely agree that game has ADHD he's just all over place at times maybe if he focus better this would be better. His name dropping is known i don't why people complain about i mean he's did for 4 albums why would he change now?

But Born in the Trap might be my favorite. It does sound like a old Nas track but has a new feel to.

Back
Top Bottom