**Official Game Thread** New Album "Jesus Piece" out Dec. 11th!

211MB???????????????????????????????? Cot damb Game
30t6p3b.gif

***EDIT: I swear Game sleepwalked through this tape until that Trae beat on #13
laugh.gif

This tape did not have to be 99 minutes
laugh.gif
It's like he thought the longer the song, the better. Still has a couple hot
tracks though, mostly from the latter half of the tape.

Game is at the top when it comes to dropping quality mixtapes.

Even though this is one of the weaker tapes in his catalogue, this is still fire.

"Bottles & Rockin' J's"
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Listened to the first three songs and liked them, I'm a just wait a week or two for a No DJ version.

The Drill, Hit The J, Mean Muggin', P#@%y Money Weed, Skate On, and Roll My S#%t are my favorites.

I feel like the original version of Bottles and Rockin' Js with Game on the hook was better. That random sung hook feels so out of place.

Took a cool minute but I finally imported California republic in my ipod..

About to give this mixtape a listen to..

The Game Retitles Fifth Album "Jesus Piece"

Posted by Grego on August 28, 2012 at 8:00pm
View Blog

The Game gets in touch with his spiritual side on his upcoming fifth LP—starting with the album’s title. In light of his baptism a year and a half ago, the ever-controversial rapper has changed the album’s name from F.I.V.E: Fear Is Victory’s Evolution to Jesus Piece.

Inspired by a collaboration with Kanye West—the LP’s title track—Game decided on the switch-up to differentiate his album from similarly named projects by peers.

“Trey Songz came with his album Chapter V, and of course 50 had 5 (Murder by Numbers), I just felt like I should jump off that wagon,” says Game. “So I went back into the studio and started doing songs that leaned more towards the title. I think people gon’ appreciate the concept once they hear the music.”

Game says he feels freer in his newer music, but maintains the street-authentic sound longtime fans have grown to love.

“I’m a Christian but I’m not ‘holier than thou’,” says Game, who samples Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s “First of the Month” on his lead single, “Celebration,” which features Lil’ Wayne, Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. “Jesus Piece gives me an opportunity to speak about situations that people like me who love God but are still street and still wanna remain themselves without going the Pastor Mase route. It gives the opportunity to know that it’s somebody out there that feels them.”

He continues: “You can still have swag and be a Christian, you ain’t gotta wear a suit to church, you ain’t gotta take a bath in Holy water. You can still have your Ciroc in the club, it’s just a faith thing and making sure you try to do right. I’m still a father, I still smoke, I still rep Compton, I still might shoot dice or have a fight if I have to defend myself.”

While the man born Jayceon Taylor is making strides in his personal and religious life, the rapper insists that he’s returning to his roots musically, conjuring up his pre-Documentary lyrical rawness.

“I wanted this album to supersede what The Documentary did lyrically,” says Game. He says he’s still recording for Jesus Piece, but has completed a bulk of the project in a month. “Every time someone walks into the studio and listens—from Wayne, to Ross to Khaled—everybody says ‘that’s the Hurricane.’ That makes me feel like I’m the old Game again. I’m just happy because I was able to find that creative space. I’m having fun.”

Jesus Piece enlists an all-star cast of guests that includes Rick Ross, Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj. The album is slated for a late 2012 release.

Back
Top Bottom