Official "Going to Vegas in..." Vol. II "It was time"

I ran this play for the first time this weekend.

Pretty much went exactly like this script.

Dude said, "Sir, you really don't have to do that, but I'm going to take care of you."

Upgrade was pretty dope. Put me way up in the Palazzo Tower with a view of the strip and the suite was 3x as big as a normal suite, and just nice as hell.

Can't believe I never knew about this before. :lol: :pimp:

Sometimes you don't even need the 20. lol doesn't hurt to joke around and ask for an upgrade. If they hook it up, then I'd be more inclined to tip anyway.

So I’m pulling up to Vegas this weekend. Booked a cabana at marquee night swim. For those who have been / have info... I know they have a 8person limit per cabana on the site. But how strict are they on that. Like could we ask if we can add 2 more to the res. My homie who live out there may pull up.

thank you!

LV strip has been my second home for about ten years and it's really awful what's happening. I feel for all the locals who are stuck between needing tourism to survive and needing to keep these outsiders from coming. I have heard nothing but horror stories from everyone I know down there for past 6 months and the last thing they needed was another black eye keeping law abiding tourist from coming back. My wife has a good friend who worked at a high end fashion retailer who just quit her job of four years because of the disrespect and constant fear from customers. She said it was constant arguing, theft and threats for the past month and she just could not take it. She had a customer drop a bottle of Cîroc on the ground inside the store and gave her $50 and told her to run to CVS and get them another and when she refused they went nuts.

I'm actually pissed that i booked for Vegas now :smh: , i'm heading there in early November so it's gonna be relatively cold, no pool parties, no clubs, no bars & from everything said in here. I'm not much of a gambler nor do i really care about attending overpriced restaurants so all of this is kind of trash smh

in terms of it being overly "ratchet" & dangerous i'm definitely taking that with a grain of salt after the insanity people tried to make NYC out to be, meanwhile it's normal as ever.

They give you the tip back if they can’t upgrade

That's my point though, you don't even need to tip for an upgrade. People think the $20 dollar thing is a trick, when you can simply ask without flashing any cash. Same goes with getting a room earlier than the usual check in time. A lot of hotels charge for an earlier check in time, but depending where you go, you can simply ask if your room is ready, and they'll usually just waive that charge.

LV strip has been my second home for about ten years and it's really awful what's happening. I feel for all the locals who are stuck between needing tourism to survive and needing to keep these outsiders from coming. I have heard nothing but horror stories from everyone I know down there for past 6 months and the last thing they needed was another black eye keeping law abiding tourist from coming back. My wife has a good friend who worked at a high end fashion retailer who just quit her job of four years because of the disrespect and constant fear from customers. She said it was constant arguing, theft and threats for the past month and she just could not take it. She had a customer drop a bottle of Cîroc on the ground inside the store and gave her $50 and told her to run to CVS and get them another and when she refused they went nuts.

It's been my second home too, pretty much since childhood. Having seeing it's phases over the past few decades, I would never have imagined it'd get this bad. The strip is back to being crowded too like how it was before the pandemic started. Will be interesting to see when I make my way over there in the next few weeks. Been delaying the trip for the past few weeks already. Not sure if I'm ready to deal with all that.

in terms of it being overly "ratchet" & dangerous i'm definitely taking that with a grain of salt after the insanity people tried to make NYC out to be, meanwhile it's normal as ever.

I don't want to deny the experiences of those who earn a living offering services and hospitality the city's visitors, but anyone saying that they're living in constant fear of customers is going to come off as overly dramatic and bordering on sensationalist to me.

I didn't see anything pop off while I was out there, I do believe there's something to the increase in documented violence that's making its way to the internet.

Clientele for sure seemed to be skewing younger, which is naturally going to cause more frequent problems by itself.

I'll probably go back before the end of the year. I didn't feel or sense anything that took away from me or my girls experience.

So I’m pulling up to Vegas this weekend. Booked a cabana at marquee night swim. For those who have been / have info... I know they have a 8person limit per cabana on the site. But how strict are they on that. Like could we ask if we can add 2 more to the res. My homie who live out there may pull up.

thank you!

I know the Cosmo has been getting strict the past week with a lot of things. Don't be surprised if they don't let the two extra people in. They started limiting entrance to the hotel itself to hotel guests or those with restaurant reservations over a week ago.

I don't want to deny the experiences of those who earn a living offering services and hospitality the city's visitors, but anyone saying that they're living in constant fear of customers is going to come off as overly dramatic and bordering on sensationalist to me.

I didn't see anything pop off while I was out there, I do believe there's something to the increase in documented violence that's making its way to the internet.

Clientele for sure seemed to be skewing younger, which is naturally going to cause more frequent problems by itself.

I'll probably go back before the end of the year. I didn't feel or sense anything that took away from me or my girls experience.

Yea i definitely can see how cheaper flights/hotels & a younger crowd could up the activity out there, but i'm not really too worried about that. I heard the same about the ratchetness of Memorial day weekend & when i went a few years back i didn't see anything crazy

PROLIFIK1 PROLIFIK1 I am sure they are willing to give more for $20 vs just asking lol. But you do you man.

It's been proven. Feel free to even do the resarch. I've been going long enough to have tested this with friends and family which proved that it was inconsistent whether you tipped or not. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw with the time of the season you're actually out there. During a slow season, you'll most be guaranteed an upgrade without having to tip. Plus it can also depend which resort it is. For example, I had a free room at the Vdarra last November for one of their regular Studio parlor room. I simply asked if there were any upgrades available and was upgraded to a suite. Never flashed money or whatever. Ended up tipping her $30 bucks anyway.

Not to mention sometimes the $20 won't even do anything. I've had friends and family not get an upgrade after attempting to do the "trick"

Point is, doesn't hurt to ask, and you'll be surprised on the results.

PROLIFIK1 PROLIFIK1 I can say the 50-75 times I’ve done it in Vegas have worked - the times I didn’t and asked I didn’t receive anything.

Glad the sandwich has worked so well for the thread.

I know the Cosmo has been getting strict the past week with a lot of things. Don't be surprised if they don't let the two extra people in. They started limiting entrance to the hotel itself to hotel guests or those with restaurant reservations over a week ago.

Also, can't speak for Cosmo, but Encore was very strict about group sizes and distancing. I was with one friend and ended up at this fairly crowded lounge on Friday night. I think our group ended up being about eight people. They re-sat us all outside and made the group split up. Earlier, the two of us were at the lobby bar, having a drink while waiting for another friend, and then we were going to leave to watch a Finals game. As soon as he walks up to the bar, the bartender says he can't have a third person standing there. He wasn't being mean about it, it's just their policy. We grabbed three drinks and bounced.

Also, can't speak for Cosmo, but Encore was very strict about group sizes and distancing. I was with one friend and ended up at this fairly crowded lounge on Friday night. I think our group ended up being about eight people. They re-sat us all outside and made the group split up. Earlier, the two of us were at the lobby bar, having a drink while waiting for another friend, and then we were going to leave to watch a Finals game. As soon as he walks up to the bar, the bartender says he can't have a third person standing there. He wasn't being mean about it, it's just their policy. We grabbed three drinks and bounced.

Crazy how the Wynn/Encore cut back on operating hours too. Started last week as well, only operating from Thursday to Sunday only.

Crazy how the Wynn/Encore cut back on operating hours too. Started last week as well, only operating from Thursday to Sunday only.

No. Starting this week, Encore is closed Monday to 2 pm on Thursday. Wynn is still 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom