**OFFICIAL GRAFFITI APPRECIATION THREAD Vol. REVIVAL**

Originally Posted by red mpls

I remember a thread like this in Sneaker Art a couple of years ago
smokin.gif

I've always been a talented artist as far as drawing goes but I never seriously tried writing graffiti although I've always been interested and wanted to... any tips from writers for starters working with markers and paper? Thanks in advance.
Invest in books and learn your local history. The internet is a great place to start reading. It's really easy if you start to think thateverything you draw is worthy of praise from friends and teh interwebz alike, but it's really just trash. "The Art of Getting Over" by StephenPowers (AKA Espo) is pretty much the bible of graffiti. That thread in Sneaker Art failed for a few reasons:

A) It's not sneaker art. It's art (which is debatable), but certainly not sneaker related. I hardly ever go in that section because sneaker related artdoesn't interest me, so it didn't get any attention.
B) It was filled with photos of hypebeast backpacks with weak *** "graffiti" (if you even want to call it that) so even the real graff headsdidn't want to be seen in there
C) The words "Official" and "Vol. _______" weren't in the title. DUH!

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

painting.jpg

pimp.gif
Bump that Dondi! Anyone with a clean high resolution photo of the Children of the Grave Part 2 car, post it! Hands down my favorite T2B E2E(top-to-bottom, end-to-end) whole car EVER.

Glad to see you came threw and made the thread props to you G.
I know its not on wall but this is the only pic I have of my work its jus my jansport backpack did it back in 07 it says Fresh but thats not what I use towrite. Stopped going out bombin for like over 2 years now I miss it alot..
2vudkip.jpg

KEEP THIS GOING!

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

That S is clean, and dope backpack. I've always wanted to do a denim jacket like the old school writers used to do.
Thanks. Yea I wanted to do something on a denim jacket too I think that looks dope.. jus to have dont know if ill sport it
laugh.gif
. Ill dig this thread up tomorrow and post some pics I got on my phone fromrandom artist in LA

That MTA is pretty amazing!
graffiti is a lost art, the consequences nowadays for it isnt worth it

Originally Posted by pluhone

That MTA is pretty amazing!
graffiti is a lost art, the consequences nowadays for it isnt worth it
I'll admit that it's been a minute since I've been deep in the game, but that statement will always be up for debate.

It all depends on the person, and if you actually get caught.
smokin.gif

FREQUENTFLYER: Always did love that song. Harbor Blue
pimp.gif

NoSlickRemarks: That video always reminded me of this one, the way he uses those flares. He's gotta be using can killers on some of those. (That's areference to the cap, AKA pink dots, or whatever they're called these days)

EDIT: To those of you that don't know, Sunset (above) is using those pump things that exterminators use. It's not a cap or a fire extinguisher as somemay claim.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

man, you gotta put up the saber piece also. i believe you can see that thing from space
eek.gif

i remember seeing that piece the 1st time i was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. dude is a urban legend.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

By Baler & Normel - MSG - West Palm Beach, FL (Highway Spot)
3750707421_2124ff8971_o.jpg

pimp.gif
thread OP, where in Palm Beach is this at, I havent seen MSG for awhile now.

Who here remembers bombingscience, it used to be
pimp.gif
back in 04 Ithink.

Originally Posted by rockforlight

1942088672_fa04c6425b_b.jpg

M.T.A. straight killed Los Angeles for the past few years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Daaaaaamn! I've never seen that! DOPE!, but this...

saber1.jpg
i believe it took this man a year, 4 hours every night, to complete this. then some dudes that had beef with him from NY wrote all over it, so he did it again
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. has anybody seeing the vid state your name? i believe it was on youtube for a minute

actually, here it is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2180346201335297111

THIS! Is pure classic, genius hot fire right here!
laugh.gif
I always loved this piece.

Also, another film to check out is "Style Wars"

Here's some of my blackbook scribble
glasses.gif

Defaced
smokin.gif

l_f743d5e59f8eae8852fc6b4b3b29b0e2.jpg

l_6474261e4f3d4c74bafc3885949a4f91.jpg

l_bfaa393f917042a494bb3f15b3b2e88d.jpg

l_1929f2f6a41c40cb8457d39b852f380f.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah.. I already know, my *!*%'s "mad toyish yo!", but still..
glasses.gif

Great work. Young ones who are interested in graffiti, but who haven't seen this movie should really watch it:

the flares on that Sunset tag are nice......
ill be posting pics of some work that a crew around the way has done in my area.
if anyone needs graff supplies, check the sig
smokin.gif

saber1.jpg
i believe it took this man a year, 4 hours every night, to complete this. then some dudes that had beef with him from NY wrote all over it, so he did it again
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. has anybody seeing the vid state your name? i believe it was on youtube for a minute

actually, here it is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2180346201335297111
Saber's biggest. Then crackhead Ja went out and buffed it, lost mad props

i used to write around Queens and Mannyhattan, Senz - Senz One - Senzoner find me around NY

fat shout the whole NTC crew my dudes Nooch and Daim , all my real deal peoples from a ways back

keep graff alive

Back
Top Bottom