**OFFICIAL GRAFFITI APPRECIATION THREAD Vol. REVIVAL**

^^
eek.gif
I knew the MTA got buffed but not the Saber piece
smh.gif
... Well nothin could rock forever tho was goin to happen sooneror later

pimp.gif
YESSIR! i was just thinkin bout this earlier...when i was younger we had some off the illest graffiti down here...now when i wanna photoshoot it..to findout the damn authorities painted over it all..i was pissed..

Originally Posted by rockforlight

1942088672_fa04c6425b_b.jpg

M.T.A. straight killed Los Angeles for the past few years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thats %+*$#$# savage i swear
EDIT: just founded info on these dudes

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies today arrested at least eight alleged members of the notorious Metro Transit Assassins tagging crew, some ofwhom are believed to be responsible for a several-blocks-long "MTA" tag in the concrete Los Angeles River bed that authorities say will cost millionsof dollars to remove.

The arrests occurred during a series of early-morning raids centered in the Hollywood area. Among those detained for a parole violations is a famoustagger whose work "SMEAR" has has won acclaim in the art community.

Those arrested were booked on suspicion of vandalism, drug possession, narcotics for sales, weapons possession and other parole violations, officialssaid

"These individuals are responsible for tags not only in Los Angeles but Las Vegas and San Francisco," said Sheriff's Cmdr. DanFinkelstein, who is chief of the Metropolitan Transit Authority police. "The Army Corps of Engineers estimates that removing the "MTA"tag from the riverbed alone will cost $3.7 million.

Cleaning graffiti from the river is far more expensive than cleaning other areas. Officials use high-pressure water spray to remove the toxicpaint.

But hazardous-materials crews must then dam and capture all the paint and water runoff to prevent it from getting into the river. The crew did anadditional $20,000 worth of damage to transit vehicles and facilities. Finkelstein said the Los Angeles River "MTA" tag, in a vast industrialdistrict east of downtown between two rail yards, took about 400 gallons of paint - 300 gallons white and 100 gallons black. "It took them four nights todo it," he said.

The three block letters cover a three-story-high wall and run the length of several blocks between the 4th Street and 1st Street bridges. The taggingcrew, which is also known as "Melting Toys Away" and "Must Take All," began about the time the transportation agency began using the MTAletters. Investigators say they have statements, including some on video, that implicate some of the crew members in the enormous tag.

"Some of this group could face federal charges," Finkelstein said. During the raids, Finkelstein said, investigators found customizedhigh-pressure fire extinguishers that, when filled with paint, allow the tagger to hang upside down on the underside of a freeway and quickly scrawl massivegraffiti. These taggers are not kids, he said.

Most those detained are in their 20s; one of them drives a $60,000 BMW, and another member possesses a diamond-and-ruby-encrusted Metro logo pendantwith paperwork suggesting it's worth $29,000, Finkelstein said

thats %+%%*$$ crazy 9.7 million
eek.gif

pimp.gif
thread

I know these aren't the best pieces of work, but they always made me laugh, just because the newspaper ran these photos on the front page when theirbuilding got tagged. People were online commenting like "Is that graffiti telling me to Kill myself?" and the next day they ran a retractionapologizing for putting such harmful statements up for readers to see.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ThaGentleman/?action=view&current=n37600991_32367179_2474.jpghttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ThaGentleman/?action=view&current=n37600991_32367176_1466.jpg

unfortunately there isnt much of a graffiti following on here, ive tried before.
graffiti is a major part of my life, im a father, over 30, and still am heavily involved. will be for the rest of my life.
pimp.gif

that said here is a trailer to the last DVD i produced and directed.

great thread....whats going on with that battle?

my skills have gone downhill so I wouldnt particiapte, but I'd like to see what you guys got.....

I was going to post pics but I don't think iv'e seen anyone post their own work... Wheres all the real graffers at?
nerd.gif
Edit: GIraffa looks like thoseare actually his pics....might post later when i learn how to post pics....lol

Edit: GIraffa looks like those are actually his pics....

Those are my pics. I can't write so the next best thing I can do is take flicks...

Couple more...
Jamer, Tunks
3940433126_70ab5ff1a2.jpg

Adek
3940433130_50bdcb69fc.jpg

Twist
3806103645_07d4a05e13.jpg

Back
Top Bottom