OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Originally Posted by srvballer

getting their 1st round pick sweetens the pot. solid move.
Ehh...Only bad thing is that RJ has 3 more years on his contract @ 9.8 mill/season. Do the Warriors really want him or trying to trade offseason?

At least we got a first round. So...POSSIBLY, two?

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by srvballer

getting their 1st round pick sweetens the pot. solid move.
Ehh...Only bad thing is that RJ has 3 more years on his contract @ 9.8 mill/season. Do the Warriors really want him or trying to trade offseason?

At least we got a first round. So...POSSIBLY, two?
Possibly, two. If the Warriors don't see him future plans, I would like to think they would try to package a deal with him in the offseason. I'm happy Stephen Jackson isn't going to be here.

Lakers stay getting steals 
30t6p3b.gif

no idea what warriors are doing, they pretty much destroyed franchise. prob will we rebuild again in 2-3 years

Originally Posted by Andrew630

We got another 2nd round pick. Looks like we're scheming for a top 15.

If they get 2 picks in the top 15 this year, Warriors making good moves at the deadline.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Throwing this question out there, would you have traded SJax for RJ + 1st round pick?

I wouldn't have. Taking on RJ's contract gives them NO cap flexibility over the next 2 years.
If they end up with 2 top 20 picks (their own via tanking & using SA's pick to trade up), then you can't really fault mgmt.

I hope this means that the team trades Dorell Wright in the offseason. Can't stand him anymore, and I'd rather them re-sign Rush to back up Jefferson.

I like the trade, if we keep our top 7 pick. We could possibly package top 7 + spurs pick to move up in the draft.

I like the moves they made overall. They kind of realized they wouldn't be able to sign any top-tier free agents and basically admitted the cap room would be worthless. Getting the conditional first rounder could be important come draft time. If they get their top pick back, they could be looking at 2 1st rounders and a few 2nds, at least they're changing it up and making an effort to build a team that has a chance of contending.

It remains to be seen if Bogut can stay healthy, which is the biggest key in all of this, but I do approve of the moves made. Somewhat offsets the @%+%*%%% that happened last off-season
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

don't really see the point of the 2nd rounders.. they'll most likely end up in the d-league. unless they're bargaining chips for trades.

Back
Top Bottom