OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Dland, I believe Bucks weren't gonna give up a big man without receiving one.
I thought about a little after the trade, and I don't think it's as bad as it seems...Especially not the way that Youtube guy makes it seem.

We've always said we wanted a competent center, well now we got one. Defense, boards, blocks, post game and etc.
We got rid of an undersized 2 guard, and the tempo last night was much better (who knows, maybe it was just 1 game and against the Kings).
Sure we gave up a little more than one would hope for, but it wasn't all that bad of a trade.

The risk factor - Bogut staying healthy...Read Andrew630's retweet where in a 7 year span Monta played 413 games and Bogut played 406.
The only thing I'm not sure what to do is Sjax...Do you play him, sit him, or buy out his contract? If you swallow that tough pill, you get 10mill (I think thats his contract) in cap space by the end of 2013.

Lastly, theyve got to start tanking...stop winning meaningless games.

Luong if you are right and the Bucks werent going to give up Bogut without a big man back, then we should have said "thank you for your time" and left the deal on the table.

Look, I know Bogut is good when healthy. But you have to be real about the trade we just made. In the NBA, there are three bargaining chips that are valued very highly: 1) premium scorers 2) top defensive big men 3) expiring contracts. We essentially gave the Bucks all three of these to take on an injury prone big man, a disgruntled me first player who already forced his way out of town and the chance to keep our draft pick. Those three pieces we traded are all very valuable in the NBA these days. I just dont buy the idea that this was the best we could have done, nor the idea that this is a recipe for success.

Plus I would have rather traded Curry. Curry and his small deal would have been the only way to shed Andris' contract.

Grimey how players found out while watching TV...That's what displeased me the most.

[h3]Warriors Leaning Toward Keeping Stephen Jackson Through Deadline[/h3]
Mar 14, 2012 2:38 PM EDT

Jackson_Stephen_mil_120103.jpg
The Warriors are leaning toward keeping Stephen Jackson through Thursday's deadline, according to sources.

Golden State acquired Jackson in a trade for Andrew Bogut on Tuesday and are listening to offers.

The Warriors could consider buying out Jackson, but that would leave the Warriors with just 10 active players.

Mark Jackson also indicated that he welcomes the opportunity to coach Stephen Jackson.

Orlando is believed to be interested in Jackson.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...tephen_Jackson_Through_Deadline#ixzz1p7UiOmHl

so are the w's shutting steph for the season? i know he is young and all but this is a major concern. they have to think about moving him when there is still value

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I stopped being a Warrior fan after they traded Richardson.

Real fans stick by their team. Through the good and the bad.
The Warriors sell out a lot even though they are awful and make terrible decisions....Its damn near ponzi scheme like how the organization is playing its fan base.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I stopped being a Warrior fan after they traded Richardson.

Real fans stick by their team. Through the good and the bad.
The Warriors sell out a lot even though they are awful and make terrible decisions....Its damn near ponzi scheme like how the organization is playing its fan base.
file.php

Originally Posted by Andrew630

indifferent.gif
wow
Hiring Hitler makes absolutely no sense...
this is why i don't go in the JB forum anymore 
laugh.gif
Doesn't make sense? Neither does the Warriors management. I used Hitler as an analogy. You know there's something wrong, when getting Kwame Brown is actually a decent move. Just because I have Jordan as my avatar that implies that I frequent the JB forum? I haven't bought a pair of J's in 5 years.
laugh.gif
Warrior fans need to take an IQ test.

A lot of you guys are forgetting the best part of this trade. Different trade, completely different circumstances, but I'll let Stephen A explain it.

Man I can't believe after yesterday the warriors kept it competitive with Boston. Kg got us though.

Good try Nate. Wish monta was shooting that.

Back
Top Bottom