OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

mad.gif

figured... Monta had a nice game, but dude will never hit 50..gets close but just doesnt. Lee with a tripdub

Monta should have pumped faked on the 3, stepped in and shot a wide open 20fter..money.

Watch, Bob Fitzgerald is going to blame the loss on that David Lee 5th foul
laugh.gif

Easy to say after the fact but if Monta pump-faked Westbrook he would have gotten a much better look.

monta played his heart out, nailed 3 for 5 from three's before that, so you can't blame him.

durant is just clownin.... down with 14 seconds left and dude decides to hit a 15 foot banker? disgusting.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

Why did Monta go for a 3?
Why are you asking us? Idk
laugh.gif
It wasn't a bad look, but clearly that wasn't a ideal shot to take in that situation. Lee should've definitely taken the shot down the lane.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

Why did Monta go for a 3?
laugh.gif
It wasn't a bad look, but clearly that wasn't a ideal shot to take in that situation. Lee should've definitely taken the shot down the lane.
Lee didnt have a good look.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

laugh.gif
I felt if he had been more aggressive, he could've. Although Lee had Harden as the last defender, I thought his first step gave him enough room away from Ibaka + he was going to his left. Just my 2cents.

"It's getting old accepting 'my bad' for missed calls." - Mark Jackson

Ohh ya I expect a fine from the dictator
He's right though, the reffing was terrible

Although that foul on Lee was big they still had the lead with 5 minutes remaining I believe. But poor turnovers by Curry late and I think 6 total as a team in the 4th won't get it done.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Although that foul on Lee was big they still had the lead with 5 minutes remaining I believe. But poor turnovers by Curry late and I think 6 total as a team in the 4th won't get it done.

Add to that the team stopped moving the ball around and began to play one-on-one the final six minutes. Sigh. 
ohwell.gif

Was at the game tonight and the energy was live from the get inside oracle. Late close games will always be the death of us

I don't understand having the guy with 48 points inbounding the ball with only 1 second left...

Great game. Too bad we lost, but it was a fun one to be at. Westbrook and Durant are just too good. I didnt see Lacob sitting courtside today. He should have been. Should have been there to witness first hand how to witness a great team......a team with the blueprint on how to successfully rebuild a franchise.

*sighs*

48 from monta. triple double from lee. curry close to a triple double. shoot lights out. play some @!#%*% defense.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

I felt if he had been more aggressive, he could've. Although Lee had Harden as the last defender, I thought his first step gave him enough room away from Ibaka + he was going to his left. Just my 2cents.
Can't risk the charge call and get fouled out. They were calling charges all nightttt.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]'The Logo' opens up about Warriors, Super Teams, more[/h1]
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/08/jerry.west.qa/index.html#ixzz1lpaY9oUl

Jerry West is convinced Golden State will eventually turn its long-suffering franchise around, isn't convinced that there are any "Super Teams" in today's NBA and wonders why his prized pupil, Kobe Bryant, needs to log so many minutes at 33 years old. As the NBA legend and Warriors consultantreminded us again in his autobiography, "West by West: My Charmed, Tormented Life," he is as candid as they come and always worth a listen. Here's what he had to say in a recent discussion with SI.com.

On the Warriors job he took in May, which reportedly included stake as a minority owner ...

"First of all, you have to consider my title -- advisor -- OK? I've been up there quite a few times, and obviously I communicate with [assistant general manager] Bob [Meyers], [general manager] Larry [Riley] and [owner] Joe [Lacob]. ... I watch all the games, watch the team, try to look for areas where I think there's maybe glaring areas of help needed and try to convey that to everyone up there.

"I think you have to be objective, to understand that there's a process to building a team that can endure for a while. And I think it's very obvious to me since I've been there that we need more assets as a team. ... You have owners up there who really want to accomplish something, and they're not going to leave a stone unturned in getting that. But every time we have an opportunity to draft, every time we have an opportunity to sign a free agent that's signable -- and signable means restricted and/or teams that may not match other players offers -- I think we have to do that to create the talent pool up there."

On whether the Warriors will be active leading up to the March 15 trade deadline ...

"I think you're probably going to see very little player movement for a while, right until the trade deadline. Because the way the season has been condensed, I think people in the front office are really at a disadvantage when you're trying to add players of caliber who can make a significant difference in your team. I think the one player that we made an offer on would've made a wonderful difference for us, and that's DeAndre Jordan. He's a rising center, he's the brand of basketball that would be beneficial to the Warriors.

"We need to have -- every year going into training camp -- seven players that you feel pretty assured that the coach is going to play on a nightly basis. That's where we need to get. Does it come through trades? Does it come through free agency? I don't really know, because I'm not involved in the day-to-day operations in terms of talking to other teams and finding out what's available, but that will be a focus going forward for Larry and Bob."

On whether the Warriors can change the also-ran perception of their organization ...

"Listen, this is a huge market. I think it's the culture of a franchise, and ownership up there is going to do what it takes. It's not going to be about the money. It's going to be about spending money wisely and acquiring players. Players will want to play [in Golden State] -- trust me, they will want to play there.

AMICK: WARRIORS THING BIG, BUT RESULTS LAG

"If I were a player, I would love to play there, not only for new ownership but more importantly for the fans. My gosh, what a refreshing place to play. ... You can imagine it if you had one of those real marquee players -- and we've got some good players -- how that player would be held in the highest esteem."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/08/jerry.west.qa/index.html#ixzz1lpadZJnb

It's going to be interesting to see how the Knicks play when Stoudemire and Anthony return, team was put together terribly
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom