OFFICIAL HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 THREAD VOL. It All Ends 7/15

This is the way I would've had the movie end :

Spoiler [+]
Have older adults with likeness to all the Potter characters play the older versions. Execute the train scene exactly how they did it. Then they do a close up on Harry's face as he watches the train go. He's smiling, and when the camera pans out, it's not older Harry anymore. Suddenly we're back to the original scene where Harry broke the elder wand and threw it away. Hermione asks him why he's smiling. Harry smiles, touches his scar, and the camera switches to a bird's eye view of the three characters. The camera goes farther and farther away until we can't see them anymore. We get Harry's answer: "My scar doesn't hurt anymore," and the scene goes black. Cue credits. I'm sure that would've made a better ending. I think the moviegoers who haven't read the books would've been able to suspend their disbelief for the epilogue scene while at the same time would've still paid homage to those who read the books and would've wanted the scene included.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

So important parts of it don't have to make too much sense, because there's a book out there that'll explain it to you?
Ok. I guess LOTR was just an exception.

What didn't make sense to you?

I wanted them to include this like in the trailer 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

So important parts of it don't have to make too much sense, because there's a book out there that'll explain it to you?
Ok. I guess LOTR was just an exception.

What didn't make sense to you?

I loved the epilogue in the book and it is pretty important hearing Harry himself redeeming Snape. But the scene just came off very awkward in the movie, when Harry said the line about Snape being the bravest man he ever knew it was very flat when it should have been an emotional moment.

I loved the epilogue in the book and it is pretty important hearing Harry himself redeeming Snape. But the scene just came off very awkward in the movie, when Harry said the line about Snape being the bravest man he ever knew it was very flat when it should have been an emotional moment.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Appalachian58

Hated the ending scene, why the hell and who approved that idea of them being older, having kids and sending them off. They looked terrible older, it was so corny. The film could have ended perfectly with the 3 of them holding hands on the bridge...but no we get a stupid *19 years Later* so dumb

It was in the book. 

Didn't translate as well into the film
I think it had to be there though - just to bring closure to the whole Snape thing - I guess to show that harry understood what had happened.

It could have been done slightly better though - but it was pretty good.

Originally Posted by Appalachian58

Hated the ending scene, why the hell and who approved that idea of them being older, having kids and sending them off. They looked terrible older, it was so corny. The film could have ended perfectly with the 3 of them holding hands on the bridge...but no we get a stupid *19 years Later* so dumb

It was in the book. 

Didn't translate as well into the film
I think it had to be there though - just to bring closure to the whole Snape thing - I guess to show that harry understood what had happened.

It could have been done slightly better though - but it was pretty good.

I was looking forward to the epilogue, but it was done so poorly in the film. The cinematography of the last shot was so great that it should have ended there; add to the fact that the last scene came off as forced. More dialogue would have helped.

I was looking forward to the epilogue, but it was done so poorly in the film. The cinematography of the last shot was so great that it should have ended there; add to the fact that the last scene came off as forced. More dialogue would have helped.

Saw it last night.

Thought it was slow to start but picked up great.

Snape, Voldemort and Neville were the shinning stars.

Hated the ending though...it should have ended with the scene before the old age nonsense...so dumb, forced and corny

It's All Over - My Full Review of the Final Harry Potter film - Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - http://bit.ly/p3TqBk

Saw it last night.

Thought it was slow to start but picked up great.

Snape, Voldemort and Neville were the shinning stars.

Hated the ending though...it should have ended with the scene before the old age nonsense...so dumb, forced and corny

It's All Over - My Full Review of the Final Harry Potter film - Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - http://bit.ly/p3TqBk

I wish OG Albus hadn't died (in real life, RIP).
I feel he was superior to this newer one from movie 3 to now.
He was way more chilled and looked experianced

I wish OG Albus hadn't died (in real life, RIP).
I feel he was superior to this newer one from movie 3 to now.
He was way more chilled and looked experianced

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Originally Posted by bl1nk

still hasn't hit me that it's actually over..
edit:...i give up, can't embed a video for my life on this site
laugh.gif

thought i'd share this link, someone help me out with embedding it, much appreciated..

I got ya' fam!

gooooood looks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Originally Posted by bl1nk

still hasn't hit me that it's actually over..
edit:...i give up, can't embed a video for my life on this site
laugh.gif

thought i'd share this link, someone help me out with embedding it, much appreciated..

I got ya' fam!

gooooood looks
pimp.gif

Can't believe its over. All great things come to an end. Thought they did a great job on the movie.

Can't believe its over. All great things come to an end. Thought they did a great job on the movie.

Back
Top Bottom