Official Heisman Watch

yea agreed, Cal needs to focus on winning rather than promoting DeSean...i could care less if he wins to be honest..I'd rather get to the Rose Bowl.
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

1. 'Dre
2. M. Hart
3. G. Harrell/Crabtree (just putting up astronomical numbers this year)
4. D-Mac (he better beast the rest of the year cause last night really hurt him with only 50 yds)

Quote:
you do know that TTU runs a spread offense, and that is why they put up ridiculous numbers right? Harrell is the best QB to go through TTU in a while, but what argument do you have saying that he is more than a system QB? Look at the #'s Crabtree has put up....
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

:lol:
laugh.gif
s playing better they ain't beating Oregon or Cal.
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

Quote:
Andre Ware, Danny Wuerffel and Eric Crouch can win the award, ain't no reason Graham Harrell can't. Especially if nobody steps into the forefront while he continues to put up insane numbers. That said, Tech winning the BigXii is the only way he has a shot...

its not happening.

You cant even compare anyone to Eric Crouch. He DID WORK. He doesnt belong on your comparison.

Danny Wuerful won a Nat'l Title and was the leader of the #2 team in the country thru out the yr. and honestly, your distain him maybe based off what he did in the pros, because Wuerful was Awesome at UF and the truth in that statement lies in the fact that Spurrier has yet to find another QB that ran his system the way Danny did. U just cant interchange QBs the way Texas Tech can in that UF offense and repeat Danny's numbers. that is why harrell doesnt belong, Every QB that has made a stop in Lubbock has put up same numbers.
ohwell.gif

Andre Ware was @ the time when no one was really sure if the offense was a gimmick or if he was legit. afterwards came david Klinger and everyone found out it was indeed the system.
I promise you, there will never be another Run & Shoot QB to ever win the heisman. Im Willing to bet a yrs salary on it too

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Quote:
I promise you, there will never be another Run & Shoot QB to ever win the heisman. Im Willing to bet a yrs salary on it too
Oh, I don't think another one will ever get serious consideration either, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to completely banish them from the conversation just because of the system, especially in a year like this where NOBODY is separating from the pack. If Texas Tech wins the BigXii with Graham putting up stats like he has, and he doesn't get a NY invite, it's a damn joke.

I completely agree though, that it ain't gonna be easy for a run & shoot QB to really have a legit shot. It's gonna take an undefeated season, numbers that just dwarf everyone else's, and a BCS bowl, no doubt about it.
Quote:
that is why harrell doesnt belong, Every QB that has made a stop in Lubbock has put up same numbers.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

Being in the top 40 isnt that hard at least it shouldnt be with all the tallent he has. Im not saying every year the QB that has the most yards should win the Heisman. Lets say Kentucky wins out by all means give it to Woodson.
I think the whole argument about system QBs is unjust. The Qb at the end of the day has to perform if he does good for him and if he doesnt thats on him. They do run the ball some not as Oregon but more than in years past. Switching roles Harrell would still have better numbers.

You can post stats all day day but Dixion should be way better

Back to my last point

And if you really look at the game most of his passeses are deep ball in broken coverage if there receivers aren't open the balls not going to get there. Which leads to my third and final point the recivers aguably the best out of any of the Heisman QB's Oaklahoma fans mite debate that. If you have all that tallent why should Woodson,Ryan and Harell be a head of you. When they do WAY more with less?

Care two address that?

TEAM SF GIANTS

The home of true champions
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle​

Oregon runs a spread offense too right, so why isn't Dixon putting up 31 TDs so far? Yes the system is part of it, but you have to have a talented QB to execute it to perfection as Harrell has so far.

Quote:
TEAMYANKEES

I hope you arent comparing the Option spread that Oregon runs to the Run & Shoot spread that TTech runs .... the two arent even remotely similar, the only thing they have in common is they both use 5 offensive lineman.
TTech runs their offense with like 2 yard offensive line splits, they are throw first always.

whe n Oregon tried to throw it all around last yr failed miserably. thats what got Gary Crowton fast tracked outta town as the OC.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Quote:
Being in the top 40 isnt that hard at least it shouldnt be with all the tallent he has. Im not saying every year the QB that has the most yards should win the Heisman. Lets say Kentucky wins out by all means give it to Woodson.
I think the whole argument about system QBs is unjust. The Qb at the end of the day has to perform if he does good for him and if he doesnt thats on him. They do run the ball some not as Oregon but more than in years past. Switching roles Harrell would still have better numbers
ed from you questioning Dennis Dixon's accuracy....now you are basing his heisman candidacy on whether or not he is in the top 40 for passing yards....on top of that, you say that if Harrell was in the Ducks offense he would have better #'s than Dixon. Harrell is a good QB, but again look at the system he plays in. I would have a hard time not believing that Dixon could put up similar #'s if he was the QB for the Red Raiders. Dixon has a much better shot at the Heisman than what Harrell does. If you can jog my memory, were Sonnie Cumbie, BJ Symons, etc ever in NYC as a Heisman finalist? Dennis Dixon has put up great #'s all year...he has a couple tough games coming up on the road, but if he can somehow win out, then he is definatley going to be a finalist for the award

Quote:
Co-sign. I might even put Brennan at 4.

Are you serious??? He didn't play one game, he's had games of 5 ints. and 4 ints. against Idaho and San Jose St. respectively. He looked real shakey in his only nation tv game so far. Yes he won but come on with a schedule like that you shouldn't have to come from behind in the last few minutes.

I'd easily put Graham Harrell ahead of Brennan he's had better numbers against better teams. Just look at these stats-

Graham Harrell
Comp ATT YDS % YPP TD INT RAT.
258 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 347 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 3151 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 74.4 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 9.1 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 31 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 3 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 178.4

Colt Brennan
Comp ATT YDS % YPP TD INT RAT.
196 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 282 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 2395 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 69.5 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 8.5 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 10 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 157.2
"You can take the boy from the island but not the island from the boy. Cause the island stays in you're heart and I'll never forget where I'm from."-Justin

Quote:
Unless USC changes confrences before the end of the season youre in for another dissapointment
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death....​

Quote:
Grothe won't win because well he goes to South Flordia and they play no one.

I agree that Grothe won't win but it won't be because USF doesn't play anyone. You're kidding me right? Auburn, UNC, WVU, Rutgers, Louisville, and Cincy are all good teams from major conferences.

I laughed when I read that USF doesn't play anyone.

don't lie to yourself, USF does not play a very strong schedule at all. for all the talk of Ohio State, USF's schedule will be just the same strength by the end of the season. they play football in the Big East. that's why they can go undefeated and there is a good chance they will not be in the NC

Purdue, Mich St, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan OR Auburn, WVU, Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinatti

first schedule looks like a tougher stretch to me
TEAM NTWikia

Hmm, Purdue, Mich St and Wisc are all frauds. Penn State is Ok, Illini are average and Mich lost to a 1-AA team. The entire Big Ten is a joke. Big East>>>Big 1 this year and tOSU hasn't played anyone. USF beat a pretty good Auburn team on the road, WVU was ranked no. 5. Rutgers, Louisville are comprable to Purdue, Mich St. And Cincy is Ok so USF definitely has a tougher schedule.

okay, then Rutgers, Lousiville, Auburn are frauds also. and your whole post is a joke :lol:
laugh.gif
you didn't prove anything, just babbling

WVU was ranked #5 at one point? Michigan was ranked #5 at one point also, so what are you saying?

Purdue, Mich St, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan >>>>> WVU, Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinatti period.

just look at that, OSU has 6 good teams to USF's 4 good teams, so just off the fact that OSU plays more good teams means they have a better schedule. keep going off that dumb "OSU hasn't played anyone" bull @#%$, you really ride and die with that :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM NTWikia

So far USF has played a tougher schedule but I agree at the end of the season OSU and USF will play about the same type of schedule.
"You can take the boy from the island but not the island from the boy. Cause the island stays in you're heart and I'll never forget where I'm from."-Justin

But if people pay close attention, he draws so much attention that other receivers get opportunities, i.e. Lavelle Hawkins and Robert Jordan who both have had MONSTER games. It's almost a Barry Bonds thing, they're constantly double-triple teaming him out there that they're not letting him catch a pass. Plus, he's been hurt for most of the season (until Oregon) with a sprained thumb or somethin and that definitely affects the ability to catch the ball.

Well said acid....
TeamCowboysthis is the year... 900

Woodson Very acurate passer will be a good pro but doesn't seem to throw more than a 20 yard pass, this will hurt his NFL stock

i was going to rip you for this statement, until i read it again and noticed you said "seem."

i'll take it you haven't seen him play much, but he throws the ball deep all the time, fairly well. Andre can throw any type of pass you want him to.

spacer.gif

BELIEVE​

Quote:
Oregon runs a spread offense too right, so why isn't Dixon putting up 31 TDs so far? Yes the system is part of it, but you have to have a talented QB to execute it to perfection as Harrell has so far.

because Oregon is ranked #4 in the nation in Rushing yards per game. Dixon is still putting up incredible numbers on a team that is one inch away from being #1 in the nation.
Quote:
Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House sound like a pathetic whimper. It's louder than 'The Swamp' at Florida, 'The Shoe' in Columbus, and 'Death Valley' at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die
MY MYSPACE
Team Pacific Northwest
Eugene,Oregon​

Quote:
Woodson Very acurate passer will be a good pro but doesn't seem to throw more than a 20 yard pass, this will hurt his NFL stock
:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Back
Top Bottom