OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

This years Caps I believe is their best team. I know the regular season means nothing for us. I hope this carries over in the offs and we stay healthy.

:lol:

i'm here. i was just queueing up all these bills memes

I was literally talking to myself before Eddie came in. Nice work with those memes.

i got home late from work and then had to talk to an ex/friend on the phone for a bit because she got some bad medical news today. so i was late catching up on the nine threads we have to now check since we got snitched on :lol:

not watching any hockey tonight but just following scores. bruins got me in a funk, man

is this a safe place 
nerd.gif

i got home late from work and then had to talk to an ex/friend on the phone for a bit because she got some bad medical news today. so i was late catching up on the nine threads we have to now check since we got snitched on :lol:

not watching any hockey tonight but just following scores. bruins got me in a funk, man

Boston still in the playoff race. I'm still shocked Jules snitched. Been a crazy day on here.

Boston still in the playoff race. I'm still shocked Jules snitched. Been a crazy day on here.

we're only in it cause we have like 4 or 5 more games played than teams around us. we'll fall out in the next month or so when teams catch up.

hes trying to say he didn't know :lol:

we're only in it cause we have like 4 or 5 more games played than teams around us. we'll fall out in the next month or so when teams catch up.

hes trying to say he didn't know :lol:

I just saw Jules trying to moonwalk his way back into good graces. I'm still not sure what to believe.

is this a safe place :nerd:

welcome bruh :pimp:

go Knights!

how does expansion in the NHL work anyway :nerd:  :lol:

Rules[edit]
The initial proposal for rules for the draft were decided upon by the NHL in March 2016.[4] They allow each team to either protect seven forwards, three defencemen, and one goaltender or one goaltender and eight skaters regardless of position. Because the NHL wants to ensure the competitive viability of any new teams, the number of protected players allowed are lower than in the 2000 NHL Expansion Draft which populated the Minnesota Wild and Columbus Blue Jackets, when each team could protect nine forwards, five defencemen, and one goalie, or two goalies, three defencemen, and seven forwards. Under these rules, each of the 30 teams would lose one top-four defencemen or third-line forward per number of new teams.[4] Only players with more than two years of professional experience — NHL or AHL as defined in the collective bargaining agreement — will be included in the draft.[5]

Teams must submit their list of protected players by June 17, 2017, and they must expose at least two forwards and one defenceman that have played at least 40 games in the 2016–17 season or more than 70 games in the 2015–16 and 2016–17 seasons combined and must still be contracted for the 2017–18 season. The exposed goaltender must either be under contract for the 2017–18 season or will become a Restricted Free Agent in 2017. At least twenty of the thirty players selected by Vegas must be under contract for the 2017–18 season, and they will be required to select a minimum of fourteen forwards, nine defencemen and three goaltenders.[6] Vegas will be granted a 48 hour window prior to the draft to sign any pending free agent (RFA or UFA, one per team) that was left unprotected. If a team loses a player to Vegas during this signing window they will not have a player selected from their roster during this draft.[7]

Teams will be required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expires on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC would be considered void for the draft.[8][9] Players whose NMCs have limited no trade clauses must still be protected, and any players with NMCs would be able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.[8]

Any players picked by Vegas cannot be traded back to their former team before January 1, 2018, and any player picked in the expansion draft cannot have their contracts bought out until after the completion of the 2017–18 season. These rules were imposed to prevent existing teams coming to deals with the expansion team to take on sub-optimal contracts for their mutual benefit. The expansion team is guaranteed the same odds in the draft lottery as third lowest finishing team from the 2016–17 NHL season for the 2017 NHL Entry Draft; after their first season the team will be subject to same draft lottery rules as the other teams in the league. The NHL's deputy commissioner, Bill Daly, said that teams that do not follow the expansion draft rules would face penalties, including possibly the "loss of draft picks and/or players."[8]

from wiki :lol:

it's more complicated than i originally thought

Last edited:
um...wut? 
laugh.gif

I really need to see the uniforms tho, cause thru the bad times they better at least look good

um...wut? :lol:

I really need to see the uniforms tho, cause thru the bad times they better at least look good

The first two are mock ups supposedly of the real thing as it was described to the artist...

These 3 was the artist playing around with the team colors...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom