OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Tampa gets Budaj and Cernak in return.

not terrible considering Vas ain't a bad goalie himself

Last edited:
And here we goooo...

TSNBobMcKenzie: Ben Bishop has been traded to LAK.

Quick and Bishop is just cheating mane

Panic moves will be made because of the expansion draft.

It's not the expansion draft. Lightning just don't have the money to sign Bishop so they had to take the best offer they could get before he walks.

Not sure why the Kings make this move though. Unless they feel like Quick isn't at 100%.

Kings supposedly have a condensed schedule to finish?

i dunno...they're not really in a title push. so odd move from their stand point :lol:

Is there a real point having both Quick AND Bishop? :lol:
Budaj hasn't played well the last couple games, so I'm guessing the Kings made a move to acquire a better backup goaltender?

Last edited:
I'm confused by the trade. We don't need Bishop, and Budaj has played excellent in Quick's absent. He makes a solid backup...I don't know...

I'm confused by the trade. We don't need Bishop, and Budaj has played excellent in Quick's absent. He makes a solid backup...I don't know...
Budaj save percentage has only been .883 and 2.88 GAA the past 8 games he's played
Bishop is clearly an upgrade....but I think Kings should still be trading for more offensive firepower instead

Last edited:
The Hockey Gods!‏@HockeyGods 1m1 minute ago

LA: Hey Peter, thanks for saving our season! Here, enjoy a nice vacation in Florida!

Budaj: .....

:rofl:

Last edited:
OK I understand now why the Kings made the move. Upgrade draft picks and get Bishop at the same time? No brainer even if he only plays 10 games and they miss the playoffs. I refuse to believe Calgary and Anaheim wouldn't have ponied up more for Bishop.

It's not the expansion draft. Lightning just don't have the money to sign Bishop so they had to take the best offer they could get before he walks.

Not sure why the Kings make this move though. Unless they feel like Quick isn't at 100%.
Bishop has been at the center of rumors since the end of last season because of the draft.

Bishop has been at the center of rumors since the end of last season because of the draft.

That was before it was announced you wouldn't have to protect expiring contracts. Even without an expansion draft he was 100% gone because they have literally no cap room with Palat/Johnson/Drouin all needing new contracts. Once they signed Stamkos and Vasi the writing was on the wall for Bishop. Only reason he lasted as long as he did was they thought they would be a playoff team.

Last edited:
Craig CustanceVerified account‏@CraigCustance 1m1 minute ago
More
It's a 2017 first-round pick going from Minny to AZ for Hanzal, 2018 2nd and the conditional pick is 2019.

more fwd depth...

I can dig it.. **** it.. Lets go for it.

LETS GO WILD!

Btw, when i first heard about tht ebishop trade... i was perplexed. but... w/e

Back
Top Bottom