OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Welp game 3 tonight. If the Caps lose this game I'm sure the ledges in DC will be filled with folks ready to make that jump.

Here's the deal....most people predicted the Caps to win in 5 or 6 games (me, the latter.) Sweeps are hard to come by, so we all know that, duh, Caps were going to drop a game or two. Even with the series being 1-1, I still EXPECT the Caps to take this series. Toronto is playing over their heads right now, and we haven't seen the best from the Caps. The Leafs have a patchwork defense and a VERY green forward group. That bodes well for them in the fact that they are essentially playing with house money. That being said, the Caps need to wake up and put together a solid 60-minute effort. We haven't see that yet. Even with the Caps not playing to well, they're still ahead of the Leafs in advanced stats, if that counts for antyhing (Hi, OKB.) All in all, it's a big one tonight, so here's hoping to a Caps victory. Caps need to generate legit scoring chances. For as good as Andersen has been, he hasn't been tested all that much. The Caps/Habs series from back in the day, where Halak stole the show is a COMPLETE 180 from what Andersen is doing. Caps aren't driving the net, amongst other things. Let's see what the team does tonight.

There's this Leafs forum I've been going to see what they're talking about and somehow Don Cherry being a racist came up. I don't know how or why but one dude said Cherry lived through slavery and was serious. Ha ha ha

Yea, Don isnt exactly the most politically correct gentleman in the world. But I really dont believe he is racist.

Back
Top Bottom