OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

**** everything g

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If/when the Caps lose this series the whole team needs to be blown up. I didn't feel great even after the win vs. the Leafs, and the window for this team's cup chances will be closed shut after this season.

Ovechkin....ugh. Dude has meant EVERYTHING to this city as far as hockey...however, he's losing it. Dude does next to nothing 5 on 5 and doesn't drive possession. This might be the offseason to dangle him via trade.

If/when the Caps lose this series the whole team needs to be blown up. I didn't feel great even after the win vs. the Leafs, and the window for this team's cup chances will be closed shut after this season.

Ovechkin....ugh. Dude has meant EVERYTHING to this city as far as hockey...however, he's losing it. Dude does next to nothing 5 on 5 and doesn't drive possession. This might be the offseason to dangle him via trade.

Yup Ovi is washed and that's the biggest problem, blow up back 2 back presidents cup winners, nah jus trade Ovi for some youth on the wing and even more depth and theyll be unbeatable

It's not just Ovi...their third and fourth line is getting worked by the Pens
If it weren't for Crosby getting concussed, they would have got swept.
Backstrom, Oshie, and Kuznetzov can only do so much.

Ovi was off his game but it's not him. the Pens somehow find so much depth in their system. team is full of dudes who just can grind and skate. it's a team that doesn't have the biggest names but that is just deep and built to play in the playoffs. defensively, i'm dumbfounded how it's being held together though :lol:

This thread is hilarious.... going from Ovie being touted as one of the best ever just a few short months ago, to now needing to get rid of him. 

Last edited:
Just isn't the Caps year decade...

Really want to see Ovi win one eventually though

On another note,hoping the Preds can close out the Blues tomorrow

Yup Ovi is washed and that's the biggest problem, blow up back 2 back presidents cup winners, nah jus trade Ovi for some youth on the wing and even more depth and theyll be unbeatable

He's part of the problem. Right now, he's an anchor.

Holtby has been bad

Orpik has been bad

Alzner has been bad

Shattenkirk has been bad

Outside of Tom Wilson, nothing from the 3rd and 4th lines.

Trotz can't coach...he's been bad.

These guys have picked the absolute worst time to suck.

I mean, ****...Jake GUentzel has 8 goals! Jake, who???

It's frustrating....me saying trade ovechkin was a bit reactionary, but there need to be some major changes. I'd start with firing trotz and bringing in Sutter.

This thread is hilarious.... going from Ovie being touted as one of the best ever just a few short months ago, to now needing to get rid of him. 

Saying he should be traded doesn't change the FACT that's one of the best to ever play the game. Right now, he's slowing down....in a major way. Useless 5v5 and does nothing to help possession.

#NThottakes

But yeah Ovi not showing up at critical moments this series can be frustrating for Caps fans
Perhaps he should get demoted to the 2nd or 3rd line :nerd:
Not sure if Trotz is smart enough to make that adjustment though

Saying he should be traded doesn't change the FACT that's one of the best to ever play the game. Right now, he's slowing down....in a major way. Useless 5v5 and does nothing to help possession.
Oh I get that, but has the drop off really been that bad? 

I watched the entire Toronto/Caps series and although he wasn't lights-out, I still thought he looked elite out there. I chalked this series up to it being Pittsburgh. 
laugh.gif

I don't think Ovi has dropped off much...he's just not scoring much
And his role is to...score :lol:
He's been proficient at cycling around the puck to oshie and backstrom and laying out hits, but his main objective is to score, and I believe he only has one goal the entire series.

Oh I get that, but has the drop off really been that bad? 

I watched the entire Toronto/Caps series and although he wasn't lights-out, I still thought he looked elite out there. I chalked this series up to it being Pittsburgh. :lol:

This year had the best team ever assembled in the Ovechkin-era. I think most of us who follow the team know that their championship window was slowly closing. As a matter of fact, after this season, you can probably say it's shut for good. A couple of reasons...

1. There is going to be some MAJOR roster changes at the end of the season. There are a bunch of UFA/RFA players who are, or have been, core members of the franchise. Some big decisions there.

2. Expansion draft

3. Aging star players.

4. Terrible bottom-pairing defensemen (Alzner/Orpik)

5. Inept coaching (Trotz's downfall in Nashville)

In talking about Ovechkin, while 34 goals and 3/4 in the first round aren't terrible, it's a big drop off in production for him. His numbers even-strength are really bad and right now, he's only really dangerous on the PP. He's clearly lost a step, so I hope that if/when this team gets bounced, he re-evaluates his training. Maybe come into camp about 10-15 pounds lighter and do something to try to gain back some of his quickness. There was a time when Ovechkin would have everyone in the arena on their feet when he had the puck on his stick in the neutral zone. When he does this now, it's painful to watch.

Next year, this Caps team will look completely different.

UFA - Winnik, Oshie, Williams, Shattenkirk, Alzner

RFA - Burakovsky, Kuznetsov, Connolly, Orlov, Schmidt, Grubbauer

Caps will certainly be priced out of the Oshie sweepstakes...Shattenkirk will most likely command a salary with an AAV over 6 mil, and Williams has probably had enough of the choking here in DC and will move on.

For the RFAs, Connolly is as good as gone, and I think they'll give Burakovsky a bridge deal, while paying a big number for Kuznetsov. That leaves guys like Schmidt, Orlov, and Grubbauer out there, and I think those 3 will be exposed to the expansion draft, with the Caps losing both Grubbauer and Schmidt.

I have no clue what the Caps will look like next year, but for cup runs with Ovechkin as the centerpiece of the core, this is it.

Keith Jones and Milbury cannot be taken seriously lol...

that first intermission dismissal of the ducks... the idiots were slurpin the oilers like their life depended on it...

second intermission, Keith Jones looking stupid as hell trying to take back his words... Milbury cant even bring himself back out, douche.

after overtime, Keith Jones called Silfverbergs goal luck cus he was supposed to go off the ice but stayed... LMFAO salty much? then proceeded to say ducks stole 2 games... hahahahaha yepp the 10 goals had nothing to do with it.

just another example of these tardbags acting like trumphttps://youtu.be/71ZJQNh_IaY

There was a rich irony in a man who once beat a fan in the stands with their own shoe remarking that another player is a "distraction" :lol: :rolleyes

Bet he'll never call out Brent Burns for his pre-game dancing...

Last edited:
Keith Jones been a moron
And we all know how big of an ahole Milbury is

F em
Go Ducks!

Back
Top Bottom