OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

pierre out here sounding like OKB talking about EK65..."he was shooting for a rebound...."

riiiiiiight, pierre. breaking down the wing with teammates crashing the middle and he's shooting short side....FOH :lol:

Last edited:
I really can't explain the attendence in Ottawa. I haven't lived full time there for a bit. I don't really get it.

the last cup run was a big deal.

Last edited:
I really can't explain the attendence in Ottawa. I haven't lived full time for a bit. I don't really get it.

the last cup run was a big deal.

to be honest, i saw more empty seats in Anaheim than i do tonight in OTT.

of course, we can't see the upper deck. but as far as lower bowl goes, looks pretty full

Last edited:
to be honest, i saw more empty seats in Anaheim than i do tonight in OTT.

of course, we can't see the upper deck. but as far as lower bowl goes, looks pretty full

yeah but this canada. :lol:

I can say my enthusiasm for this team is just not that great.

They aren't THAT good, feels like they lucked into this off the strength of Erik Karlsson and dumb luck.

*shrugs*

plus ottawa always had this problem where there are TONS of leaf and habs fans who inherited their fandom from their parents fandom pre the senetors existance.

or french canadians who root for habs on reflex.

Just a hockey play

DAj0TDmXgAAL2vC

That's not on Cam. Cam had the left of Bernier covered on the zone entry with Silf on the right. Silf vacated his position for no reason and Perry half assed it to cover for him.

They don't need an elite d-man. Fowler/Manson and Lindholm/Montour is going to be a great top 4 for years. What they need are star forwards who can be counted on to produce in big games. Perry and Getzlaf are not and will never be those guys.

I don't know what you play you saw but Sissons easily bumping off Cam and getting separation is disgustingly weak to me. Perry went for the steal and missed, that's why Silf had to come over to cover Jarnkrok while Cam was still on the floor. Granted this happened so fast but regardless, Preds have no play if Cam doesn't get punked so easily.

"Fowler/Manson and Lindholm/Montour is going to be a great top 4 for years"
great? thats a hell no... could have gave it to you said good or above average.

I dont understand your hate for Perry and Getz, those 2 literally won games for us against Calgary and Edmonton but whatever.

yeah but this canada. :lol:

I can say my enthusiasm for this team is just not that great.

They aren't THAT good, feels like they lucked into this off the strength of Erik Karlsson and dumb luck.

*shrugs*

plus ottawa always had this problem where there are TONS of leaf and habs fans who inherited their fandom from their parents fandom pre the senetors existance.

or french canadians who root for habs on reflex.

I live in Ottawa.. born and raised.. Sens fan as my best friend is on the squad

I'm not sure why it hasnt sold out yet either but let me remind you, we dont have the same fan base as toronto or mtl and alot of ottawa folks are their fans based on family fandom....

Its also a very government town where people who like to spend money on the weekends IF THAT.

Go Sens..

Duongkeykong for game snaps on the insta

Last edited:
I don't know what you play you saw but Sissons easily bumping off Cam and getting separation is disgustingly weak to me. Perry went for the steal and missed, that's why Silf had to come over to cover Jarnkrok while Cam was still on the floor. Granted this happened so fast but regardless, Preds have no play if Cam doesn't get punked so easily.

"Fowler/Manson and Lindholm/Montour is going to be a great top 4 for years"
great? thats a hell no... could have gave it to you said good or above average.

I dont understand your hate for Perry and Getz, those 2 literally won games for us against Calgary and Edmonton but whatever.

So you're saying Fowler sucks because he got interfered with away from the puck? Seriously? Freeze frame it at 0:02 when Sissons interferes with Fowler. The correct play to be made here would be for Perry to play the puck while Silf stays home to cover the middle of the ice in case of shot/rebound or cross ice pass. Perry takes a lazy swipe at the puck instead of playing the man. Silf then comes across the ice to try and pressure Jarnkrok and Perry stands there staring, making no attempt to break up the pass. The correct play from Silf after Jarnkrok beats Perry's poke check would be to let Jarnkrok take a bad angled low percentage shot, not pressure him and leave a guy wide open backdoor. And let's also not forget the 'controller disconnected' backcheck from Kesler.

You'd have a hard time finding 5 better top 4's across the league, so maybe your expectations are a little too high? And teams don't trade elite #1 d-men. There was a 1 for 1 (Subban/Weber) last year and before that the last instances were the two Pronger trades.

As far as Getzlaf and Perry go, the fact is they are the franchise players and combine for a $16,875,000 cap hit each year. Now let's get to the other facts.
4 Assists 0 Goals -10. That's Getzlaf's stats in the 13 Game 6 and 7's he's played in since Niedermayer and Pronger have been gone and he's been the C. Compare those numbers to his usual regular season and playoffs numbers and tell me with a straight face he's not a choker. Also the assist on Perry's OT goal in G5 against Edmonton was the ONLY OT playoff point in his entire career. Getzlaf carries the team. And then he stops carrying the team coincidentally, every year when the games get to be the hardest. This year he ended up disappearing from the scoresheet even earlier. You can't go scoreless in 4 of 6 games against a team with the lack of center depth of Nashville, especially with a trip to the SCF on the line. If he did his job in either G3 or G5 the entire outlook of the series is changed and we don't get the chance to blow G6 on the back of a pedestrian performance from Bernier and defensive miscues from Fowler and Montour.

Perry had been the same way up until this year, when his game pretty much fell off a cliff from the start. Bad puck handling. Seems to have lost a step skating wise.
6 Assists 2 Goals -10 over the same 13 Game choke stretch. Better than Getzlaf. Still not good enough for a "franchise player". I'll give him credit for his OT clutchness this year, but he was pretty damn terrible the rest of the playoffs.

And the worst part of these 2? The seemingly obvious lack of leadership. Throwing temper tantrums on the ice when the game doesn't go their way or the refs make bad calls. Gooning it up at the end of games that are already decided. How can you expect the rest of the team to remain composed when Getzlaf and Perry so frequently lose their cool? I'm paraphrasing, but Getzlaf said something last year to the extent of, "I have a hard time leading when I'm not producing". So he's essentially admitting he's not a leader when the going gets tough because we've already established the production vanishes. After the G7 loss last year the question was posed to BB who stepped up in the intermission and tried to get the team going. The answer, "Cogliano and Horcoff". Also, how about the constant, almost predictable to a tee, lulls this team has from period to period and game to game? Why do they only bring their best effort and execution to the table when their down multiple goals after flat starts to games? And on the contrary blow every early lead they get?

In conclusion, Getzlaf and Perry are truly great players....... when it's easier. When it's time for champions to claim their seat at the table, they're nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
looking for the refs to favor Pit tonight if necessary. i know Bettman doesn't want an OTT-NSH final :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom